2017-02-20 21:03:03 (edited by Exodus 2017-02-20 21:39:30)

I just downloaded and installed the addon on a brand new machine here and the keystroke to OCR things isn't working. When I press NVDA shift r, it's just passed through as a capital r. Was the keystroke changed or something? I had a look through the input settings where all the keystrokes are listed but couldn't see anything.

Edit:
Had a spin through the log files and found this.
ImportError: No module named json
If you get this, you have to find json.py and drop that in the global plugins dir of the addon's folder. This allows the plugin to load, I'm just getting this now.

ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (19:24:16):
error executing script: <bound method GlobalPlugin.script_OCR of <globalPlugins.cloudOCR.GlobalPlugin object at 0x04BA7470>> with gesture u'shift+NVDA+r'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scriptHandler.pyo", line 187, in executeScript
  File "C:\Users\Redacted\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\cloudOCR\globalPlugins\cloudOCR\__init__.py", line 77, in script_OCR
  File "C:\Users\Redacted\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\cloudOCR\globalPlugins\cloudOCR\ocrspace.py", line 31, in OCR_file
  File "C:\Users\Redacted\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\cloudOCR\globalPlugins\cloudOCR\requests\models.py", line 826, in json
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'loads'
Wrong version of json, Perhaps?
Any thoughts welcome.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-21 17:47:15

yes, me to.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-24 01:11:12

fingers chrossed, I may have fixed this.  I've uploaded a fixed version of the addon
Here
It's the addon you'd get on the gitHub, but with missing packages added in. You'll still encounter the od script errors with certain immages, I haven't been able to figure out why though. Using windows magnifier to enlarge the  thing you're attempting to OCR yields results usually.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-03-08 17:56:29

Unfortunetly, I have not had much luck with Cloud OCR. I would suggest that you use the NVDA OCR addon that you can get from the official addons page.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-03-08 18:08:46

Post 3, did you upload this to the cloud ocr's github so that it can be added into the official release?

2017-03-08 20:01:12

it was a really quik, dirty fix. I didn't want to go uploading anything in case it turned out to screw something up there. Much safer to throw a link to what I did and if the guy that developed the addon came across it he could use it if he wanted.