2017-02-18 20:38:37

The subject says it all. When I purchased my Behringer XENYX 302 mixer, I got a 3.5mm male to dual male 1/4 inch cable for connecting external devices. When I got the unit, I found out that it uses RCA for the line in. Can I purchase a dual 1/4 inch female to dual male RCA cable to use the existing cable I have or should I just go buy a 3.5mm to male RCA cable and accept I've got a useless cable? I've checked Amazon and eBay, but I can only find a single male or female 1/4 inch to dual male or female RCA cable. I suppose I could also go to Best Buy and ask around as well.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-02-19 05:12:51

You're gonna need straight rca to rca cables, and an rca soundcard like the uca202. the uca202 is a usb soundcard that accepts rca. And for everything else, just buy some 1/4in to 1/8in adapters, that's what I did. I'm still trying to figure mine out too, and I know I need an rca to rca audio cable and am looking for a cheaper alternative to the uca202.

2017-02-19 05:40:37

In that case, I'll get a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I should have purchased that in the first place. I did manage to find a dual quarter inch toRCA cable, but I think both ends are male which isn't exactly what I want.

2017-02-20 05:23:58

Monoprice also has a lot of rarer cables. Naturally, using an adapter or two may be the simplest way though. Most audio people have a lot of "useless cables" as you put it.

2017-02-20 06:12:21

That especially holds true for analog mixers. And Jage's right, using adapters is the simplest route. You can pretty much use them for everything except the rca, which you need a uca202 or any other similar soundcard for.

2017-02-20 18:36:18

So I can't buy something like a pack with two quarter inch female plugs to RCA male jacks and plug each adapter into the mixer? I was thinking I could use one adapter for the left channel and the other for the right. If I'm wrong about all this, I'll just get an RCA male to 3.5mm male cable and be done with all this.

2017-02-20 19:07:39

Yes, you can. Jack's statement about needing an RCA capable soundcard is incorrect... if your mixer only uses RCA for the line in, then you can simply buy a 1/8 male to RCA male, which exist, or you can buy a RCA male to RCA male cable and then buy a separate adapter for turning the male RCA in to male 1/8 inch.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-02-20 20:36:38

I actually have one of those rac to 1/8inch adapters, and for some reason it just doesn't work. Plugged the two rca's into the mixer's rca inputs, plugged a 1/8in patch cable into the rca adapter, and plugged the other end of the 1/8in cable to the line-in port of my c-media usb soundcard. Plugged a victor reader stream into channel 1 via a 1/8 to 1/4 audio adapter. Selected the soundcard as my default input and output, and all I'm hearing is buzzing.

2017-02-20 21:12:24

That's because the plugin you're running to the soundcard is not an output... so running the cable from your mixer to the card won't make a difference. You have to go from the output of the mixer to the line in port of your soundcard... and in that case, why wouldn't you just plug the victor stream into the line in of your soundcard to begin with? Short answer, the connections you are using would be used if you were sending audio to the mixer from the soundcard.

2017-02-20 21:36:20

Could it be the soundcard I'm using? It's a decent soundcard for being like 7 bucks, it's just a c-media soundcard with an input and output, that's it. That should be all I need, though.

2017-02-20 22:09:36

I found a 3.5mm to RCA cable for about $3. I'm going to get that one. I'll hang onto this 3.5mm to dual 1/4 inch cable and see if I ever need it in the future. I wish this mixer had 1/4 inch connections instead of RCA. It does have what appears to be a 1/4 inch plug on it, but I think that's a mono connectorfor a microphone.

2017-02-20 22:14:00

It's hard to know without knowing the model of the mixer. As for Jack's question, read my post above. It's not the soundcard... it's the way you are routing your connecting. You are trying to feed the input of the mixer to the input of the soundcard... you won't get any sound from it, because there's nothing to send sound to or from.

2017-02-20 22:30:56

It's a Behringer XENYX 302 USB mixer. Assault is absolutely correct. Don't plug an input into another input. Plug the output of whatever you want to record into the input of your mixer.

2017-02-20 22:40:41

That's exactly what i"m doing, plugging what I want to record into the input, and plugging the rca cables into the rca jacks. And mine's a zenix502, and it's not usb. Completely analog.

2017-02-21 19:21:03

Outline a complete list of steps again for what you're doing, because you're losing me.. you said, and I quote...

Plugged the two rca's into the mixer's rca inputs, plugged a 1/8in patch cable into the rca adapter, and plugged the other end of the 1/8in cable to the line-in port of my c-media usb soundcard. Plugged a victor reader stream into channel 1 via a 1/8 to 1/4 audio adapter.

You plugged one end of your RCA cables into the mixer's RCA line ins, and then plugged the other end into the line in of your soundcard... that will not give you sound to your card. You have to connect the outputs of the mixer to the soundcard. Does the mixer not have headphone monitoring? Then you cna confirm what I'm saying by running the victor stream and then playing it just through headphones. Line ins plugged into other line ins don't give you anything, which, unless you are wording something oddly, appears to be what you're doing.

2017-02-22 03:30:18

It's a Bayringer Zenix 502, and sadly the information on it online is hugely underpar, with the manual being in inaccessible pdf and I'm not talking scanning the text here. It's got a main mix, There's the main mix, xlr and then the rca ins and outs. The rca adapter I have has 2 rca connectors on one end, that go into rca jacks, and then a 3.5mm connector on the other end where you plug your headphones or one end of patch cable. I plug the other end of the patch cable into the line-in on the usb soundcard. I'm plugging the stream into one of the jacks on the main mix. That's what's producing buzzing.

2017-02-22 06:51:47

You should be using the RCA ins for the victor stream... not the mic input. The high impedence from the mic preamp, and the fact that it's not a line level channel is probably what's causing the buzzing. Also, make sure what you are connecting to the line in port of your soundcard is an output connection, not an input, as I've said many times. you said you're connecting the RCA jacks to the soundcard, but make sure they are outputs. If you really have to connect to one of the main mic inputs, make sure the gain is turned way down on the preamp.

2017-02-22 07:25:28

The rca jacks are going into the mixer, and the patch cord at the other end of the rca to 3.5mm converter is going into the line-in of the mixer. Under normal circumstances the rca converter is nothing more than an audio passthrough for a 3.5mm audio device to a device with rca jacks. Should work with the mixer.

2017-02-22 08:20:53

You're missing what I'm saying... you said you're running a cable from the RCA on the mixer to the line in on the soundcard. Which RCA are you running it from, the input pair, or the output pair? That makes a huge difference. And you said the patch cable is running from the RCA on the mixer to the line in of the mixer... I'm hoping that was just a mistype.

2017-02-22 14:28:32

Yeah, that was a mistype. And there's 2 pairs of rca jacks, I'm plugging it into what the mixer calls the cd/tape inputs. Those are the only rca jacks on the mixer. I'm probably not using the rca's the right way and should plug the patch cord into the designated headphone output or main mix output, and then plug it into the line-in of my soundcard.

2017-02-22 18:28:55

You just said there are two pairs of RCA jacks? The CD / tape input is what you should be plugging the victor stream into, and the line in on the soundcard should be connected to the main mix out. Pay attention to what the jack is called... if it's called an input, you won't get any sound by connecting it to something else. the name says it.. input means something that is going into the mixer. Not out.

2017-02-23 02:22:30

I was actually plugging the stream into the main mix input through one of the 1/8 to 1/4inch adapters. The problem is that there's supposedly an rca in and an rca out. Two pairs of rca jacks, but they're just the cd and tape rca's.

2017-02-23 02:37:23 (edited by jack 2017-02-23 02:43:13)

I'm plugging the stream into the bottom pair of rca jacks, and the route to the line-in jack on my soundcard goes from the third jack on the top row to the line-in on my soundcard. And it should be pointed out that the usb soundcard is apparently supposed to plug into the rca jacks according to a site. A lot of these sites are from the perspective of you buying this rig as part of a kit, which I didn't, just got the rig itself, nothing more, nothing less, and got the 1/8 to 1/4 adapters separately.

2017-02-23 02:47:44

I don't know which jacks are on what row, so that makes no sense to me. The soundcard is supposed to connect to the RCA outs, yes. Wherever the jacks are, the point is that the victor stream should be conected to the CD / tape ins, and the soundcard's line in should be conected to the outputs on the mixer.