2017-02-25 03:54:56

And you need to stop making me shit my pants when you suddenly dock, wave a gun around and get mad I have no cargo sir...

Yep. Tt happened. Seems my laziness kept me alive tongue

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-02-25 04:36:41

danny? i have  login problem and   client  got stuck  plese  can you  help me ?

Thumbs up

2017-02-26 17:06:30

Awesome. So other players can't steal your ship from now on, or is the security feature not finnished yet?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-26 23:42:45

nooooooooooooooooooooooo, lag problem. again

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-02-27 04:07:25

So something I noticed and this ties in to my comment about the game feeling faster on my laptop.

The sounds SEEM to play faster too, for some weird reason......maybe computer speed does play into it more than I was thinking..

Also the lag doesn't seem as bad with a wired connection though...

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-27 06:58:31

what about offline story? Offline is going well!

Thumbs up

2017-02-27 07:23:21

So greetings all. @slj Yes, the security system is finished, to everyone else if you buy a new cargo hauler you should see a security function that allows you to add and remove your friends from the crew. Also, I must apoligize for the delay on the linux version, i'm still having trouble with my ubuntu vm and orca not co operating.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up +1

2017-02-27 08:51:41

That's really fantastic news regarding the security system. Time to check this out again.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-28 17:37:45

is lagging when i walk.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

Thumbs up

2017-02-28 20:29:54

it sims  lag  on server

Thumbs up

2017-02-28 23:00:08

the game doesn't work on my end at all now, it seems that there is a very serious bug. when I connect I can't do anything, I can't even close the session with escape. If I try to connect again after restarting the client after I imput my username I get a message saying kicking out old connection. Danny I hope you can fix this as soon as possible because I want to tryout the new features.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

Thumbs up

2017-03-01 07:03:07

facing server problem same above comments.

Thumbs up

2017-03-01 09:15:54

yep, lags like hell

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 03:45:00

Greetings all. If your wundering why the server is down, its because i'm making an update which may take a bit, I can't give too much details but here it is so far. I've revampt the online mode, purging everything in the process, but before you go away, listen. The revampt mode now sports a new building system, and to go along with this change, you now start in your very own section on earth. Your task is to build up to achieving space travel by building your own settelment/country/whatever you like to call it on the planet. This means that weapons will now take a grater usefulness, the new system I had in mined is sort of a cross between assault and wayfar if you've ever played those games. When you start, resources are generated randomly with in the wild where you are, so you'll need to go around and collect them. However, buildings themselves can be multi roomed and have shops and other things, depending on what type of building you build. However, as this is still using the very same server code, here's another thing. When you do achieve space travel and build your own spaceport, your ships can still be explorable as well and you can still fly them the same as before. So all of the previous systems you've come to know will all still be their when the server is put back up, including debris salvaging. So far, buildings can be built and you start in your own room, which will be your nation on earth, that gives you more than enough space to build. Building itself needs to be linked up to the resource system and needs a few more adjustments, as it stands now you can just select a building and have it built right their. You can't name your nation either, though i'm thinking of revamping character creation so it'll let you select from a list or create a new one. Anyways, that's all the details I can give for now. I'm hoping to have the new update out soon, though I can't give a release date at the moment.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 04:20:26

wo something like wayfar1444? , this is gonna be epic!

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 05:04:05

I am seriously! Seriously looking forward to this. Will we need to uninstall and reinstall the game when the update comes out?

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 05:08:17

Okay now this sounds awesomely interesting...

On the other hand....I wouldndn't mind starts on other planets myself....or at least the ability to build on other planets. I just feel Earth's gonna get too crowded.

That being said...do like the idea on paper at least, it sounds pretty interesting. I'm just worried about everything getting cluttered on Earth with a billion different nations and stuff though and having to scroll through a list for landing and such.

Still. Hoping this turns out as good as it sounds, and makes the process fun, not tedious...

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 06:54:38

Nope, you can just install the update right over the old one, and the impressive thing about this is that the game update would only need to contain the key to press for building, pluss maybe a few bug fixes if I can ever figure out the cause of that annoying sound glitch, the building system itself, and buildings, are all server side. I could also extend the system for building your own starships that are orbital only, since shuttles are the vessels that can land and take off.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 08:00:45

Now this just sounds interesting.....but I'm still not entirely sold on it, it's sounding like Spore to me now, and that game was a huge let down in the space stage.

Then again....I do like the idea of building up your own nation and stuff but like I said, just worried it'll become too cluttered far as Earth goes if everyone starts on it.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 08:03:42

So basically I download the new install file let it run and  there you go.

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 10:29:31

All this sounds amazing! Nation building.. Has always fascinated me... Thumbs up, Danny. Currently will we need to gather resources or in the
begining will we be able to just build?

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 11:29:26

I originally had a long post here but me being me, I deleted it by an errant keystroke, so I'll just jot my thoughts down here....

1. The udate sounds good from an ideas standpoint....but....is it actually gonna be fun to play? You can have a boatload of systems modeled, but if it's boring to a player they willl get bored no matter how well you dress it up. That being said, what's boring to one player may well be mana from heaven to another player. Look at the glut of simulators around. Some people can't stand htem. Others, they lap them up.

2. What's to stop Earth getting so crowded there's no room left on it, or have yuou already accounted for that one Danny?
3. Ships are orbital only now? I'm not sure how that's going to work as far as orbits and planets and such....since I'm guessing shuttle or landing bays/decks/pads or whatever will be on ships now so you can land on them, but I'm hoping that means intruders can't land on ships.
Also, Danny, I am in favor of having buildable ships.

Or....just as a thought, let's say I have a ship I bought but don't need, what's to stop me taking it to a special facility and having that facility tear the ship down into resources  that I could use for building for my nation, buildings, a ship or whatever?

I'm getting a Civilization meets X3 meets Astroneer meets EVE Online vibe from this update. I like the idea of it....that being said....let's all wait to see how it plays out before leaping on the hype train, mmm?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 11:37:17

as people said earlyer, enjen sounds for the ships would be damn nice right now it just feels taht you're doing nothing, the enjen sounds for ff were quite cool. so if you're going to do a client update, why not add some new sounds?

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 13:50:16

hey nice info and  new  things  so hi danny  can you  ad   lettor to letter navigations for  long scrolling menus  for example iff we wants dock on sinac  we have to press  for sinak  in landing  or dock options or  anywair ?

Thumbs up

2017-03-02 14:38:12

Well I agree it would be nice for us to be able to hear the ship accelerating. Well, what I'd like to see is a ship system that isn't menu based. I'm
talking about something like we were going to have in FF. you use the arrows, numbers to select weapons, etc.

Thumbs up