2017-02-20 17:41:10

Hi.
Maybe my ideas aren't possible practically. I haven't really thought much about it. But hopefully it can inspire the development in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-20 18:47:59

This doesn't really solv anything I'm afraid. Three K hp would just become the new low end and you'd still have guys with 10, 20 times that running about wrecking everything.  The RedRum vs Highenddouchebag sonario would still work here. This is why we need caps and resets. This would balance the game and further to that, keep it balanced so that you can work on other things.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-20 21:20:04 (edited by The Dwarfer 2017-02-20 21:20:24)

Such would not benefit the R T U cause I'm afraid

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-02-20 21:43:03

couple of things to think about.
1. resetting every 2 h, 6 is just too long IMO.
2. bases cap at 50k health. RTU will get pisst, but it will balance the game.
3. an item limit. say around 30 objects, not counting how much of them you have, for example, 13 item grabbers and 1 shield will count as 2 items.
4. add a limit to bases storage, same thing as inventory, 30 or even less. this will stop items piling up over time.
5. if you put food in the base, make it use more gass, sinse food needs to stay cold or else it goes bad. someone could say you don't know what type of food it is, and this is true. i recall the sound of it, and it doesn't sound like chips or that type of food.
that's it for ideas, i'll post if i think of more.

2017-02-20 22:36:52

food already does this. if you leave the base on and food is in the fridge, it will turn into cold food which is more powerful by giving you more health. But if you leave it off, cold food turns back into food.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-21 03:47:56

RS is kinda hard to get into as a n00b, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, what items do for the most part, some are self vident though. I was on 3 times recently and got one kill out of like 3 15 minute sessions. No need to say how many times I got killed lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-21 17:11:13

What's your name on there?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2017-02-21 22:18:24

hey iron. why don't you go to the artikles room and check out the guide there by mister
connor

2017-02-22 17:52:37

OK have done so, one thing that I have noticed is a bug if you use shift Q and E, the W key doesn't report accurately so you can do a complete circle and you know you've done so because if there's an item you'll hear it to all the way behind you then back in front. Well, it'll still say something like the enemy is in front and slightly off to the right, 118 feet or anything. I don't start to hear the beeps until I'm like under probably 40 feet, so its easy for them to notice me. Well, they're better at it then me so turn right to me, and pop, pop, pop I'm dead. I don't therefore understand how you're supposed to use the rifle as the article suggests. I did manage to get a guy straight in front by turning to the closest angle with Q and E, then just walking right or left while spamming W. I fired like several times with the rifle and no hit. I guess he was moving, but it seems like what you should be able to do is get close and use shift Q and E to line up than maybe step once or twice to the right, not 50 feet or so.

People who've extensively played STW would already be at an advantage, I quit playing when this rotation system came in because I hated it, and I still do. It does seem to have gotten slightly better though, I will say that.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-22 18:20:48

I actually always make do with the 45 degree angle turning keys, and don't ever use the more precise rotation keys since their a pain to use with the current layout. Also, my strategy is usually to either bike in if I can, or jump in if I don't have one, then simply make my target eat their buckshot and lead cerial with the shotgun since it has spread range.

2017-02-22 21:25:21

Right guys, here's one for yall. I'll do my best to remember everything I was going to say. Oh, and If everything I'm saying is just going to be skipped over because I'm a member of the RTU, a beta member and an admin, let me know now so I don't have to waste my time sharing my feelings. It disgusts me to see this. I thought we were over the whole judging a person by the group thing, but I guess not, so if no one's going to listen to me because I'm a member of the opposition, politely tell me and I won't bother talking.
Posts 64, you know what you're talking about. That is always what teams are going to do when they're on top, no matter who it is. I don't see anything wrong with it either. It's just a game, so as long as nobody starts firing personal insults at one another, I don't see the problem with a little power struggle. That's not my main point however.
My main point is this, and this is why I said above that no one should even read this post if they're not going to take me seriously. Limiting bases, players or putting any kind of power ceiling on the game just ruins it for people. I am a fan of the zero sum principle, the idea that we should avoid doing something to please one group and displease another, which is exactly what a power ceiling would do. What about the other group? The group that wants to have the constant challenge of keeping that stuff fortified. I do agree that something needs to be done. The amount of people that has said that in this topic has made that clear to me, but a power ceiling is not the way to do it. Separating the players into different groups seems to be the most fair and least objectionable method, I and the rest of the team are just discussing how best to do that. One idea included setting a timer when you logged in where you would have, maybe, 15 minutes to collect items and be invincible. Being added to a team, creating a base or attacking anyone would all be things that would void that timer. The timer could also be voided when you hit a certain health cap, but that is exploitable. All you would have  to do then is collect health items and never use any of them until you had thousands of everything, but from what I've been reading, many people don't want to do that.
I would also not say no to the idea of a separate server for people who want the simple log on and kill game we had before, though a downside to that would be that you guys might not get as many updates because the code would be out of date to begin with. Also, I'd be willing to bet that cheating and spamming would run rampant unless a couple of the admins would be willing to monitor the other server. I have a feeling it would make a lot of people happy though.
Something really insane happened yesterday. Are you ready for this guys? The RTU got destroyed, again. We had 3 million health on our base, a cabinet groaning with items and a fridge with thousands of food cooling in it, and not only did someone manage to destroy the base, I'm pretty sure they took all our stuff! I'm betting they did it while no one was online. A smart guy probably figured out how to use a lockpick, took all our store quads and slashed the base to wooden fragments, that is, after he managed to blast a hole in the barricade. But here's the awesome part I wanted to share. We still, with no items and no power, managed to take him out, and it only took two insanely fun hours. You have no idea how many times I died. First, we had to blast our way through his barricade, which was very very annoying and involved lots and lots of dying. Once we could finally see his base, it had 800k health. Oh dear, how would we ever manage to do that? Well, simple. The guy wasn't being smart. He was going completely on the defensive, sitting in front of his computer and firing at us with the turret whenever he saw us get close, and he didn't see us very often. So basically we were able to pile more and more fire onto his base until it was dropping by 800 health per second. Of course we also nailed it with everything we could possibly find, which wasn't much, because I forgot to mention that there was this guy, dard, who was extremely determined to get into that base. He was like a fricken magnet. Every time we fought him off, he'd come right back and give us issues. Eventually, the guy with the base went offline. I'm not sure why. But at that point the base was in ruins, only 200k health, so we lockpicked it. Of course there were half a million barricades inside, so we kept lockpicking it and suiciding until the base was destroyed internally.
The moral of the story is, again, this. The game, requires, skill, to play. Not items, not health, but skill. The guy literally had everything the RTU had, and he still went down, all because he did stupid stuff that brought him down. Dard was a solo player, so he didn't succeed, but he had the right idea. Dard was a massive thorn in our side. He kept grenading and rocketing us while we were grabbing, gassing and shotgunning us when we had no shields or air, and doing plenty of other things to give us a huge problem. The base's life would probably have been over in a half an hour if it wasn't for dard being so determined to get at the sweet, sweet loot, which is exactly what I'm trying to say. If you want to be powerful, you, need, to fight! I can't think of a single game that isn't like that. I can't remember the post number, but I literally lolled when I read the comparison between redspot and alter aeon. What do you need to do when you want to be powerful in alter aeon. Last I checked, you need to grind endlessly. many people don't even do it themselves; They write bots to do it. All alter aeon requires you to do is type a few things and the enemy is down. All you've gotta do to get powerful is type commands to kill stuff and gain levels, explore the world until you get yourself some good eqsets, and there you go, untouchable player! I don't hear anyone complaining about how long that takes them to do. I get it, different genre, but someone said it before me, and it's an example. More examples follow. You don't have a chance in crazy party online if you don't grind endlessly to get cards and practice the minigames. Good luck completing manamon without some grinding to get your creatures' levels up. You want to beat that stupid helicopter in stage 16 of bk3 when it's 40 levels above you? Forget it! Redspot requires much less grinding than that, and here we are saying that it's and unbalanced number fest for people with no life.
I do mostly agree with the people saying that newbies don't have a chance. I completely understand how it is to be barred from getting better at something because other people who have already risen above you are doing everything they can to stop you. Ideas like newbie flags or separating teams from solo players are still circulating, and I'm pretty sure that once Sam finishes with this awesome new chunk of STW code, shhh, he'll turn back to redspot and implament a system to help you guys out. do remember, however, that competition and climbing to the top are what games, and life really, are all about. Nobody's just going to hand you that insanely well paying executive position at your dream company. You have to apply, convince the interviewer that you're better than the thousands of others that have applied this month, and then repeatedly impress your employer with good work habits, quality projects, and timely completion of tasks over a period of years until you've climbed the corporate latter to a point where you feel comfortable which, in my opinion, should be never, as there's always room for improvement. There's nothing about this game that is different than any other, except that it feels different from other games that call themselves fps's. You still start at the bottom, you still need to practice, and you'll still have a hard time becoming the best, and if you think it's just a game and don't want to put in the time, you're just not a serious enough gamer to be playing a thing like redspot.

2017-02-22 21:32:54

jjust for the record, I didn't get any of the loot inside, someone else apparently already did that before I came along. What happened to the base me and the other person (leaving names out this time) were building isn't my responsibility at that point, because he had leadership over the team and all the required items to build a good base because I was well and truely done for that night. And we didn't have to go through your barricade, As I said, someone else already did that for us, and they had the liberty to sifen all your gasoline.

2017-02-22 21:41:36

Yes connor, we know exactly who did what, and it doesn't matter because everyone's dead now thanks to our ownage last night. No hard feelings anywhere.

2017-02-23 00:35:48 (edited by Sam_Tupy 2017-02-23 00:39:53)

And... And... Let me add a couple of things. If we are supposed to be only bad asses with all our items, only supposed to be at the top if we've grinded, Only supposed to win with that 3 mil health base... Only supposed to make the game hell for people with all our shit... Please... Properly... explain why a base now stands at the same spot as the other, already with 1.3 million health? This time, all of your excuses are gone. Everyone knew the items, it's been weeks. We had... Nothing. We started this frikin morning. I made a base last night and that got destroyed this morning, but that's cuz we were busy, like I said, destroying the people with all the fucking items. See guys? We still did it. The thing you say is impossible. Someone got into our base somehow and took literally everything. They took all of our several hours of gas, then lucas and conner and a couple of others destroyed the base. So we had... Nothing. Quantity? there were some times as little as 2 people on, a max of 4 that night that were on our side. The hole server, thanks to this topic, was against the RTU even if it fell. This stupid dard idiot came and suicide bombed every chance he got... But 3 people, with, nothing! Still managed to own a base with over a million health. True, the dude defending the base suicided and said have fun, but is that really better than destroying the RTU when we're offline? That happened at the very end of the war anyway, we were massing up on the base, prepared to destroy the rest of the RTU items with the base rather than letting them fall in to the slippery slimy hands of maggots. smile Either way, sence that was our literal goal, we just came back and owned the base as much as we possibly could. Eventually, it died with a crash and a boom. And... Lets not forget that less than 12 hours before our base was destroyed, this frikin roelvdwas ass decided to cheat and impersonate a team member to get access to our team. He promptly went into the base, took everything, and wen offline before deleting the game. We had half of what we lost back pretty damn soon. Then the only reason our base died was because no one even knew it was getting attacked. Another example, a while ago, couple weeks maybe, I went on redspot, I didn't even go to our base and touch the storage, No, I single handedly destroyed and looted someones well fortified base. With, nothing. Just things I collected for 5 minutes or so. However, I doubt anyone reading this is gonna listen to reason at all. Even though there are no excuses left. We had no stuff, no more than 3 or 4 people on together, the entire server against us... You no longer have your beautiful excuse of us coming at you with 20 K health and kicking your ass. Litterily, some people went as far though as to say I cheated and that the advice I posted about defeating the RTU was taunting them, so no doubt this time it will be that we speedhacked our clients just a little bit and we paid everyone 69 bitcoins a second to not attack us and that I'm just the developer and I lied and our base was never destroyed or something stupid like that. If this is the case, I shall promptly abandon this topic. I'm not abandoning making this more frendly for nubies, I will still do that, but now we must go back to the RTU's points that you guys are all trying so hard to invalidate. What's the next, at least well formed and reasonable, excuse?

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-02-23 00:44:19

Thumbs up Sam! As I stated previously, if they had 1000 woods, 100 gas cans and such, they would never be hesitated to put them down and increase their base's health. How shameful is that, to complain about getting killed in Redspot, just cause they can't do back.

2017-02-23 03:49:30

*Raises his hands in the show of defeat.*  as far as I'm concerned, this topic is over. wish I will get unbanne,  after all, I didn't exit on purpose. name was Magnuss. Good job, RTU. I mean it.

2017-02-23 05:18:19

Aah yes, forgot about the cheating son of a bitch. Little shit probably got mad cuz i gave him a bit a hell the other night, along with the rest of the server. I was the only RTU member online, middle of the night, I rocked redspot for two straight hours and independently raided 4 bases before people started getting smart and annoying and I had to call for backup. The fact that one player ruled the game for that long is yet more proof of redspot's need for skill, like we need any more.
Yeah, can't disclose publicly what he did because the exploit has not been fixed, dear god Sam, please fix it, redspot would be anarchy if that gets out. All I will say is that it was a blatant, heartless cheat, he tried and failed to hide himself with a VPN, and he was roldvole on the forums and rs. If we're really going to resort to cheating to show our hatred of the RTU, then listen to Americranian, this topic is indeed over. Speaking of Americranian, I'm sorry that happened. I wish Sam and some of the other admins would at least pm the people who go online/offline or warn them before perm banning. You seem like a legit guy, unfortunately  editing the bans file is the only way to remove that, which of course is something only the dev can do, so sorry bud.

2017-02-23 13:38:37

Well wrote Alec, and something that I wish I could've written myself.  This is all just a game, and at the end of the day, you lose everything no matter what you do.  I've worked up at learning the game, and I'm still not amazing at it.  But, I just go in and have fun.  If I get killed, I get killed, I'm not going to say you're a cheater unless I have definite proof that you, are in fact, cheating.
In the words of James Woods as Hades.
Rule number 11. It's all just a game. So let loose and have fun with it!

2017-02-23 14:54:20

thing is their not actually cheating. Their just doing what the game allows them to do, and their good at it to boot.

2017-02-23 15:31:08

well, i'll just s what happens in the long run. I am ready to try to rade the rtu lol

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2017-02-23 17:00:25

Well, I will try to Keep an eye on this game. I am curious to see, how Sam plans to make the game more newbie-friendly and, hopefully, more balanced.

2017-02-23 17:05:37 (edited by The Dwarfer 2017-02-23 17:06:38)

Yeah, it's just a game, though you forget those of us why never accused you of using cheats or commands or whatever else, knew you worked your butt off grinding to get the domination, but disagree with the direction the game has taken. But yeah, it's just a game, I suppose those who continue to play it will have to adapt to the change.
But yes, as I told Sam, Roel was not cheating; team identities are based only on the username logging in, and all Roel did was log in as Hamata. It only takes someone with 2% of a functioning brain to figure out the "exploit". But for all that is holy, it's not, a cheat.

At any rate, here's hoping Sam fixes that, and also stops banning people without warning for perhaps having sucky internet connections or their games crashing at random times or for the good god above, having to go and tend to some task while some hyped up tough guy is having his "fun"

2017-02-23 17:58:41

Although I probably shouldn't have done the name switching thing, it being cheating is far fetched. If that is cheating, the hover above baricade bombs bug which makes them explode also is. The only difference being that it benefits the rtu since not many people knew about it, until now. And yes, these things are definitely bugs, since in the changelog it is clearly stated that baricade bombs will beep and explode in a 15 feet radius.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-02-23 18:13:29

That, as well as launching robots at people on towers, and having a base defense of only 10 squares, as well as being able to see bases that are 50 squares above or below

2017-02-23 21:07:50

Well, I thought you guys were finally out of things to complain about , but such is this community that that will never happen. Should have known. Here's the thing, Steve. First of all, why did you just publicly post the exploit after I said it was a terrible idea? Thank god Sam hotfixed it, or teams would be useless now. Let's all just switch teams whenever the hell we want and steal each other's crap, cuz that's how we play the game right. Totally not cheating to use an oversight by the developer to our advantage, right? Right! Just because the developer makes a mistake and it's not an actual bug, but the code  just isn't there, it's automatically ok to play the game unfairly and be a complete dick. Honestly, what has this community come to? Your other examples are not valid either. Robots can't shoot up at you anymore. That bug needed to be fixed badly once the new map chunk was added and people were just getting randomly murdered from miles away, and there was nothing they could do. Blowing up barricades with concussives is most certainly not a bug. It's just tricking the detonator on the bomb to blow up and moving away too quickly for it to harm you. It's a way to, extremely slowly I might add, get rid of bombs. There's nothing wrong in the code, and it doesn't unbalance the bomb's protective effects anyway since it's very hard to do and only blows up one or, if they're very close, two at a time. I have been bugging Sam for weeks to properly fix the m key because yes, that is the one thing that is actually still a bug, but there is also this thing called punishable crimes. You cannot punish everyone, or really anyone, who uses the m key to look through the ceiling; just not gonna work. Lastly, did you not just read that I am regretful of some people banning without warning? No need to keep saying it once it's been said. Next excuse please.