2017-02-19 17:02:37

I'm gonna try logging in again, tried connecting last night but nothing happened at all.

2017-02-19 18:14:30

I have said this before and I will say this again: Make weapons that bases can only fire at each other. It would be fun and awesome to blow up bases from a distance.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-02-19 18:49:50

aa.  so tell me how you're thinking, how will the system work, how will you be able to avoid such a weapon and what's the strategy behind it?

2017-02-19 18:56:20

I kind of like Excitus's idea.  Just do deathmatches.  That's how a  lot of mainstream games do it.  Even Undead Assault does it that way.  push through waves of enemies.  Only thing is to have multiple maps, but I'm sure that isn't that hard to do.  or, have only certain weapon pickups in certain maps.

2017-02-19 19:06:42

wow. you guys doesn't get it. if sam want to do that it means that he have to recode the intire game which means that instead of changing the game he can create a new one since it'll still be the same. as i said above, i fully support redspot although it could be changed in some ways but that's another discussion i won't take here. i'm still wondering why everyone is complaining when connor started, before connor started noone had problems with the update. i guess most of you who writes here haven't play the game and just listening to what connor says. look in other topics guys and you'll see that connor is against sam most of the times. play the game for along time, at least give it 1 week of gameplay before you start to complain. this is probably going to be my last post in the complainers topic. the topic should rename to, the complaining operation about redspot since most of what i'm seeing here is complainings. at least people like ironcross trys doesn't repeat their self over and over with the same kind of posts without any reasons.

2017-02-19 19:20:43 (edited by Exodus 2017-02-19 19:21:29)

member quake deathmatches? member when item hording wasn't a thing? Do you member? I member!

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-19 19:23:04

oh my god people.
sito and iron cross are right.
what the hell? if you really want things like limited items that's a type for stw. for redspot this limitting items is gonna suck ass.
now, regarding the newbie thing. me and sam had a private discussion about that. he said that he agrees with the idea of a kind a training mode. but for now, guys, you need to be patient and stop making bullshit for nothing.
now can someone from the mod team close this topic please? because it's becoming so ridiculous. people are just bitching about what sam does because connor started it. and at connor now dude, if you really have something against sam, solve it in private please. stop making drama on this forum.

2017-02-19 19:28:13

Just as a tip Seto and those supporting him, riding off everyone's complaints as though they're just wining or whatever really, and I mean really, fails to help your case. I'm just saying, it makes you sound like an ignorant little kid. Sorry for being harsh, but if I'm sorry for being harsh I'm also sorry for telling the truth. If Sam really couldn't handle having to accommodate a game for players, then he can't handle making games. We're only trying to help him make a game we'd enjoy and maybe even pay for, so please just stop with the whole we're just wining because RTU is better than us thing. It's close minded and stupid.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-02-19 19:29:34

ok guys, let me just step in right here with a reply to mr. Sito here. I have stated multiple times that i have nothing against Tupy, his games, or his beta members, accept for redspot. Will I play stw if i feel like it? Hell yeah because that's actually a good game. Will I go on tupy's tt every once in a while? Why not, if I feel like talking? Also, are you really trying to tell me that sam would need to recode the entire game to add rotating maps and a server purge every few hours? No, he wouldn't. All he needs to do is add client code for switching maps, provide the map sounds, then code the map changing code and the maps themselves into the server and there you go, you have a system of game matches. Still sounds like he needs to recode the entire game? For the modes thing, yes. But if you just leave that out, its probably not the most difficult thing to do and knowing sam's code skills he could be done with that in about two hours which by the way is far less time than the time we, according to you, would need to destroy your base!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-19 19:39:29

2 things. first, that you keeps saying mr tupy really indicates that you have something against him. as about adding modes etc, that would require that the whole game needs to be redesign in order to make it balanced

2017-02-19 19:46:08

Lol? The name Mister Tupy implies someone has something against him?
Lol I'm done.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2017-02-19 19:58:50

nope, not specificly but how's he keeps writing tupy over and over indicates it, the fact that he has to make a topic here to tell his opinion instead of talking privatly to sam also shows that connor clearly has something against sam. because connor knows that this topic will just turn in to a drama and from my point of view this is what he wants to happen.

2017-02-19 20:22:52

oh please... if you think this classifies as drama you haven't seen gamefaqs message boards... those you can call drama

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-02-19 20:24:49

That's not the way I see it. I think it's good to share opinions and stuff, and also, it actually got me to try out the new version of Redspot.
Just to add a slightly different question in here hopefully something more positive, it's more a curiosity than anything else tbh: but I noticed, when I played the game when it first came out, items made a sound pretty much constantly. Has that now changed intentionally? It's interesting because they seem to beep with a slightly random timer, and only get picked up on the beep. It's a kind of interesting concept because it means people can't just charge at items, there's a slightly delay sometimes, so it's like the character is actually taking a bit of time to pick up the item. So that's quite clever.

2017-02-19 20:38:01

you know, take out the hurr durr get gud scrub posts and this thread would be 1: about 3 pages shorter and 2: be about ideas for balancing a game. That's just the damndest thing!

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-19 20:38:35

as for the item beeping i'm pretty sure that's because that the vps sam ran the game on were lagging so that's why the beeps were slowed down, however, i think that's changed now when the game runs on the new server.

2017-02-19 21:05:45

guys, i really appreciate steve's and sito's atitude. and that's why I said that  this topic would need to be closed. because sito is right here. connor does that to make some freaking drama and steve also is right in the post 83 because in 87 he didn't say too much.. we(sito's supporters) are ignored by those people who are just wining about this game.

2017-02-19 21:21:16

A few things here. Firstly, in response to the following posted by Sito:
As about adding modes etc, that would require that the whole game needs to be redesign in order to make it balanced.
Wait, so suddenly now we do care about balance? I thought we established that the balance was already nonexistent, but to make the game appealing to a wider variety of people, there suddenly needs to be balance? Get real, guys. If you're not willing to put in effort to balance your game, you are very obviously, and very blatantly doing something wrong.

Next, I will voice an opinion which might not be very popular, but I'm going to say it nonetheless. I'm not even sure why the whole shareware versus freeware thing even came up, but think about this for a bit. I've lost track of the amount of times people say blind gamers act like they're entitled and expect everything to be handed to them for free and all that jazz. To an extent, I agree. But lately, it seems that a few developers also seem to have some kind of entitlement mentality of their own. In my opinion, this topic is a pretty clear illustration. While not all of the points brought up in this topic have been constructive (and this goes for both sides, don't get me wrong), I also think that Sam misses some important points when comparing his game to the mainstream industry. Because mainstream gamers have so much to choose from, if your mainstream game sucks then very few people will even bother to play your game. I think this is true even if the design is decent but there are one or more very serious problems with your game. People will just play something else, which means you don't even get feedback on how to improve. And even if you do end up improving, by that time it's most likely too late because your game will have been marked off as just another insignificant game by a large portion of the community. My point is, consider yourself lucky that you are in a community where a lot of people are keen to try out something if the game's not complete garbage. Redspot is obviously decent enough, or it wouldn't have as many players as it does. Listen to those players. They are ultimately what keeps your game running. In other words, be glad you get this feedback even though not all of it is exactly friendly, because if your game was mainstream you most likely wouldn't have any feedback to work with at all. The entitlement mentality here is that you seem to expect everyone to appreciate your work, irrespective of whether said work actually improves the overall gameplay experience or sets it back. Remember that people have different perceptions of what they like in a game, so just because your beta testers and the rest of the RTU (who all very conveniently seem to be at least fairly good redspot players) like the direction the game is headed doesn't mean everyone else does. I'll repeat what someone else already brought up before by saying that so far, it just seems to be RTU who responded positively to the changes.
I'm also not certain what Sito is trying to achieve with his continuous emphasis on the opinion that no one complained for a while until Connor started it. For me, the problem isn't even that I can't defeat the RTU. , the problem is that almost indestructible groups of players like the RTU even exist to begin with. And please don't give me the whole how to defeat the RTU strategy again, we've already been through that. Spending hours grinding just to have all that progress lost again if you fail is simply not worth the trouble. I don't side with Connor for the sake of siding with Connor, in fact I will frely admit he did blur the line between his personal issues with the beta team and the actual problems with the game. Did it ever occur to you, Sito, that some people might wait before complaining to see if any changes will be made to RS which address the problems that people are having? Well, since it's clear from the posts on this topic that those changes aren't being made because the developer and the testers appear to be having way too much fun dominating their own game, that might give people ample reason to step in and voice their displeasure. I'm not saying that the dev should not play his own game, on the contrary. It's awesome to be able to enjoy something which you created yourself. but if it leaves you unable to look at the bigger picture then there is a problem.

Finally, and on a slightly unrelated note, I eagerly await the day some form of drama will break out amidst the RTU members and some of them will get kicked out. Considering the amount of drama that seems to be rampant amongst the most fervent RS players, that day will probably come sooner than later. I wonder if some of them will start singing a different tune when that happens. The members of the RTU might say there is no drama, and perhaps this is true right now. But don't say I didn't warn you!

2017-02-19 23:39:14

Oh, and another thing I wonder is why someone has to be against Sam to publish a topic like this? I dunno, but this gives a way for people to express their subsequent interest or disinterest in the original poster's point of view. Whether or not he has something personal against Sam literally has ZERO meaning here. If it's really that much of a threat to Sam for someone or a group of people to disagree with him enough to post a forum topic gathering the opinions of others rather than hammering messages out to him over Skype hoping in vane that he'll respond one day, I don't know what to tell ya. Whoever brought up the point about game developers being lucky because they get so much feedback, I must say I agree with them. There are upsides and downsides to that, but one upside is that you don't end up with a seemingly good game, scratching your head at the 1 player, which is you by the way, logged on the server and wondering, where did I go wrong?
But I will say. Personal drama and conflict between Sam and Seto? Who gives a single crap? I don't, that's for sure. All I know and care about is the fact that there is a topic here, with suggestions that people would like to see Sam implement, and all I know is that if he cares enough about his players, he'll give it a look and at least some, consideration.

2017-02-20 04:17:23

whooooooooooooo guys, whooooooooooooooooo. I have not been checking up on this topic much lately because of the server switch. I also, never said that I was ignoring, or not giving consideration, to this topic. There is no way I can answer to every poster at this point, but one thing that cought me. I never said I was not glad for feedback. What I meant at the end of my last post was that I couldn't please everyone. In fact, I have been giving this topic, more consideration than yall seem to think. This is what I've come up with, Conner him self agreeing when we had a long chat today about it.
First, no, I will never limit bases. For people like me, the RTU and others who wish to play hardcore, they will be able to do that.
However...
I think I have found away to make this work for a lot more people. Basically, when you connect, until you get like 2500 health or 30 shielded shots or attack someone from a team or get to close to a team base, you are only able to be attacked by players like you, that just started. People that are higher up than you but who aren't on a team thus with out saving items, basicly other players with out a base, can attack you, but until you get good stats no one can attack you that is on a massive team that has over 100 kills. This is a basis to start from. Now, can we please stop all this Conner is against me I am an inconsiderable and all this personal stuff... Lets work on a solution that works for everyone. Opinions on the idea so far?

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-02-20 06:45:52

Different maps for different groups of people?
The starters get a bigger map with quite a few items and can only travel ahead to the next map once they have obtained at least 3000 health and or 50 shielded shots, and at least 100 ammo in all weapons.
The junior (medium) players get a map to themselves as well, slightly smaller this time and with slightly less items.
You can only advance to the final map once you have obtained 4000 health, 60 shielded shots, and at least 300 ammo in all weapons.
The full map is where everyone is game. You have enemy teams, and everything else you have now in the one map here.
Also another idea, if at any time a player's health is at least 8000 health below the highest player's health, the offending player is either sent to the free for all map, that player cannot attack the player with the  lowest health, or the lowest players are raised to more or less that player's health.
Also, a slight concern to voice here. I can understand why it was done, but I do not like that chat was disabled when someone went AFK, as that was when I would use it to explain something or just talk shit with other players.
An idea would be to only allow player's in AFK mode to send messages every 10 seconds or something to that effect.
And one last idea or kind of agreement with what a lot have said here, timed resets would be nice. maybe a reset every 6 hours and the server notifies everyone with plenty of time to spare before it arrives.
RTR does it, and it's one of the few things that keeps the game balanced, mostly.
Hope this helps.

2017-02-20 07:16:28

It'd have to go both ways. The weaker players shouldn't be allowed to attack the stronger ones either. Maybe make a command for those weaker players to opt out of the protection if they choose to try their luck for fun.

2017-02-20 09:43:56

Hi.
Here are two ideas, which might make most people happy.
The first idea:
Make the game so it tracks the players skills like fighting, avoiding getting hit etc. Then calculate all the players skills and put the players into different categories based on their skills. The idea is that people on the same skill level or skill category should only be able to fight together. When a player have got better skills, they move to the next category.
My second idea, which is similar to the previous ideas about different maps:
No need to put the players on different maps. Why? Because people can learn from other players.
The players will be in different categories based on how many items they've found. Players can only fight and get hit by other players in the same category, and properly only see players in the same category to avoid some confusion. In this way, players will naturally play with people on their own level.
Thoughts and comments are very much welcome.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-20 11:18:02

@slj, its a good idea in theory but there's only one problem. In practice, there are a lot of good, and bad, ways to do something in the game. How would it know what you exactly did well and what you didn't?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-20 13:56:49

@Sam_Tupy
That sounds like an interesting idea. I still don't really understand, why you want to keep the bases unlimited, since limiting would make the game even more challenging. But, since I am only an ocasional player anyway, I will probably never have my own base.
However, I have a few questions, about categorizing the players.
First, how do you plan to seperate them? Will the higher players just completely vanish from the tracking menu, until the certain requirements are fulfilled? If yes, what happens with the effects of area weapons? Let's say, a high player plants a mine somewhere, and a low player walks over it. Would the mine just not go off then?
Also, will a high player and a low player be able to hear each other, when they are in the same area?
Next question is, if the progress will be saved in the players account? Or, will you start over, each time you die?
This is all, I can come up with right now.
I am curious to see, how the development of the game will continue.