2017-02-08 17:29:54

sorry guys to bring this subject up again but I really feel the need to find out if there any other free alternatibes to Microsoft Anna, if the only route is paying then fair enough,

however I would prefer to get a free 1 to try first.

that sapi voice is actually spoiling the experience of playing the games that require  that voice engine which distorts whether the game is any good or not,

I got an eloquence sapi voice from here a few weeks back from someone but sadly it crashes games which is really frustrating as it was perfect.

can anyone post any links to any other free voices I can use? I hear espeak has a sapi voice but the one I downloaded never had an installer in the folder and I had no clue how to get it to work,

I am willing to try anything as Microsoft Anna is so hard to understand its awful.

2017-02-08 19:33:24

Hi.
As you already mensioned, you can instal espeak and use it's sapi voice, but keep in mind that it sounds quite crappy, to be honest.
If you have 40 bucks to spare, I would recommend the Innoetics voices, they were recommended to me by the user orin, I really like john as an US english voice.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-02-09 02:12:17 (edited by Chris 2017-02-09 06:07:47)

You can obtain SAPI 5 compatible IVONA and Vocalizer voices by visiting this website. Each voice costs around $45. However, you can download any of these and test them for 30 days before you purchase.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-02-09 17:01:57

thanks guys for the links,

also I was wondering how to remove broken sapi voices from the sapi list menu, I have voices in there that don't work and have no idea how to delete them, does anyone know?

2017-02-09 20:55:40

Actually while I have brought while on sale the inotics voices and while I like them they are no good for playing games like eurofly and others because they do not speak punctuation unless there is a way for getting them to play each coma full stop or other thing then its a problem.
ie if a number was 121,3
If you have your punctuation on on the screenreader it should read in game 1 2 1 coma 3.
Instead it says 1 2 1 pause 3.
so it sounds like 1 2 1 3 and if you enter that its 1213.
I have had no choice for games manamon and others to switch back to my old nuance scansoft voices someone gave me from a jaws disk.
I won't be buying them just yet but it seems that atguys has a deal with code factory that has every vocaliser voice in existance about 90 or so voices I think its 93 being sold for 70 bucks us as one package.
Thats less expensive by 10 dollars than inotics at half price.
they also include custom editable dictionaries and can be registered on 3 systems, however as long as its yours, you can transfer them round.
Ie you have a car with 3 seats but you can choose where you sit and this is usefull.
I may buy these eventually, though I don't want to effect what I have, as long as the jaws 8 free sapi 5 ole scansoft voices work I don't much care.
I am probably missing the indian, irish and african english voices but I have all us uk and australian voices which is what I like.
They are not necessarily 64 bit compatible voices so I may change them as things go on.

2017-02-12 05:51:20

Wow, after reading all of that, I'm more confused then ever as to what's the best cost effective sapi voice to get for my win7 64 bit PC.
I'm in the same boat you are Shrike, I can't stand MS anna, but the ESpeak voices are no picnic either. oi!

I'd appreciate any clarity. smile

2017-02-12 12:11:00

I wouldn't recommend the codefactory nuance vocaliser voices at all, unless you are found of wasting cash or have enough that you wouldn't mind throwing those $70 or so away.

The DRM licensing they use is beyond disgusting, its the same DRM used by sapi5 eloquence which needs you to have a internet connection for it to work, at least once a month? while that is an issue its not as bad as say.. you have your copy active on PC A, its hdd crashes or anything at all happens and you don't unregister that copy before the HDD crashes or the like, you lose one key and are left with 2. something like that happens again, you lose one more and I am sure you know where I am going with this.

Ivona voices are quite good IMO, try em out and see if you like them. All the voices do come with a trial so you get to try them first before you put money into them.

There's always the pirate seas though,if you are of a mind to try that instead.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-12 12:34:39

Well, there are vocalizer speech synthesizers lying around on the internet. If you're clever enough, google is your best friend. All those vocalizer are not from code factory, there is, or are, someone who compile the voices to use with sapi5. I won't post the link here, since vocalizer is still own by Nuance. it would be 100% illegal. And besides that, I could be banned from the forum big_smile .

2017-02-14 09:23:07

As for the Code Factory voices, while the best thing to do is remove your license before upgrading, the license keys can be reset if there are computer issues. We've assisted several customers in this process. Just wanted to clarify this.

2017-08-19 02:06:47

Hi guys. I've seen that Innoetics has changed their priorities, and the demos aren't available on the website. Anybody has the installations for US voices? And maybe spanish...

Write me on FB, that's the best way to contact me right now. :)

2017-08-22 22:16:22

I've been looking for sapi voices for games for a while now, but most of the games I play support NVDA as a speech option, which works most of the time and is more responsive, so SI just use that. Some games don't support that however, and for those, I have to find another option. I wish you could get the Win8 and Win10 voicxes on 7. Even though I'm on Win10 now and can use those voices, and they sound okay, I do sympathize for people who are on 7, as I was in that boat for 4 years. My laptop is still on 7, so yeah.

One thing to keep in mind is that some programs will only accept x86 or x64 voices. I think? in your standard speech settings dialog in Windows only x64 voices whill show up, but most applications like NVDA will see the x86 ones.

crashmaster wrote:

Actually while I have brought while on sale the inotics voices and while I like them they are no good for playing games like eurofly and others because they do not speak punctuation unless there is a way for getting them to play each coma full stop or other thing then its a problem.
ie if a number was 121,3
If you have your punctuation on on the screenreader it should read in game 1 2 1 coma 3.
Instead it says 1 2 1 pause 3.
so it sounds like 1 2 1 3 and if you enter that its 1213.

Not sure what the problem is here, though I've never used those voices. I have puncttuation off on NvDA, and most synths I have used will say, 121 pause 3. With that pause I can clearly tell that the first is 121 and the second is three. Some synths odn't pause though (ESpeak doesn't seem to at least in NVDA's implementation), so for that you'd need punctuation announcement. I think though for most synths, if you send a number with a comma and then a space and the next number, that will make it pause and will get around the no pausing issue. I.e. instead of 121,3 you'd have 121, 3.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.