2017-02-04 07:03:29 (edited by kingzombie 2017-02-04 07:04:35)

Hi what is the most accessible program for getting torrents?

2017-02-04 09:23:13

I like bit torrent, seems to do all my jobs fine.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-02-04 14:18:56

use toarch browser

2017-02-04 17:44:24

where do I get these?

2017-02-04 21:27:04

hey guys, let me introduce you to this revolutionary concept called do a fucking google search!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-02-05 00:26:49

I used bit torrent myself. only reason I don't use it anymore is because the US government is trying to demonize torrents.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-02-05 20:34:29

At post 5, that was rather unnecessary, don't you think?

I agree that the world would be a better place if people did their own research most of the time, but wishing for people to shed their lazy habits just ain't gonna happen. Irritation at this fact is fine; all out rage about something you can't change really isn't.

Now, back to the topic at hand, I still use Utorrent, but if Bit Torrent is better, and doesn't have ads, I wouldn't mind using it myself. Or, at the very least, I'd like it if ads weren't displayed so prominently. So can anyone explain what the interface looks like a bit in terms of how a screen reader handles it? I'm using NVDA.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-02-05 21:18:03

@post6 the 6 strike piracy program has ended. Now if they are still watching for this kind of stuff or not I don't know but see the below link.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/30/14445 … led-ending

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-02-06 10:00:25

hi,
I'll upload the installers for those who are lazy
Windows version (not up to date, but you can easily update bye accessing the help menu in the program it selves):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc3jvkv2fpu6r … t.exe?dl=1
Mac version (not sure if up to date):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/770d898b0kphq … t.dmg?dl=1
don't forget to be lazy the next time.
:d

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-02-06 10:01:53 (edited by LordLundin 2017-02-06 10:02:32)

@turtlepower17 maybe my post did cause this guy to go www.google.com and type in bit torrent download ... as long as that's the case I'm happy.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-02-06 23:31:58

when I googled I got a not very accessible installer and my antivirus saying it was a threat

2017-02-07 08:10:16

And that, folks, is a prime example of what happens if someone isn't particularly skilled at research, and doesn't check site URL's, or even know what to look for when it comes to what seems legit and what doesn't. That is not a slight against the OP, or anyone else for that matter. We've all been burned before, as evidenced by my recent posts in the topic about backing up What'sApp chat history, for those who read that.

What it does mean, however, is that just saying Google it is a Band-aid solution. Without proper researching skills, you might as well not bother, especially when it comes to downloading software, because you need a fairly strong BS detector. Sure, if you intend to look up an article on Wikipedia, or look up Justin Beber's latest scandal, or who won the Superbowl, that doesn't take much effort. But keeping your data safe is a pretty big priority, so it does pay to not click on every page that promises a program that you want, because odds are, at the very least, you'll get several sites in the first five results that install extra bloatware, toolbars, and other unpleasantries. Sure, they won't steal your passwords and other sensitive data, but they are an annoyance.

So, instead of dishing out that standard "Google it!" line, how about actually equipping someone with the necessary tools to make their searching experience better if they've asked?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-02-07 10:31:13 (edited by grryfindore 2017-02-07 10:35:19)

Ahoy there

post 7 and 12, +1
That says it all.

I have ranted along these lines in another topic quite recently in fact, the amazon echo dot topic so I wouldn't say much. But if it irritates you (believe me, I get irritated too) not just by questions like these,but reactions like these as well,just skip on passed it, or help them so that they can help themselves.

Getting back on topic, I have used Utorrent and bitcommet both of which are accessible,and I have been told that the latest versions of Utorrent are loaded with Adds and aren't generally good, I wouldn't know since I am using a very old version myself,without any adds or the like.

Bitcommet is also quite good,although there are parts where turning on the jaws curser,clicking with the mouse or left right mouse click is needed to interact with stuff or do things.

I'd also suggest being careful when installing these torrent clients and make sure they don't install toolbars or other addware on your pc. Reading through,unchecking stuff you don't need and so on should help you with that. Use the jaws curser or nvda's object nav to make sure that things like bitcommet homepage or other toolbars aren't checked during setup.

here is the version of UTorrent I use, just in case you need it.

hth
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-07 16:29:41

I think the best one right now is PicoTorrent
http://www.picotorrent.org/
It is most like how UTorrent was when it was first released.

2017-02-07 17:34:37

thank god! let me send that link to my younger and legality concious brother.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-02-13 20:18:51

i think u-torrent, it's a cool, and werry accessible. and this is a popilar program.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-17 23:39:27

Thank you for the recommendation for Pico Torrent. I finally got around to installing and testing it just now, and it seems great. I like programs with minimalistic interfaces that manage to get the job done without unnecessary bloat and add-ons, and this program fits that description to a tee.