2008-04-18 04:38:45

Ryan, I daresay there are hundreds of thousands of things that could get us killed in any given moment. I wouldn't go and make a post here if I told you I was going to try to get the bus to my girlfriend's place, even though there's a chance I get run over on the way or something...but I see your point, and it makes sense. The post was made in that spirit and I think it's generally understood. *smile*

To answer the previous poster's question: better you read his posts than have us tell you.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-04-18 09:05:34

ok, I am sorry!

I read furiousD's postes, and Iread all the postes he ever made, it is all cool.

I have an idea for the admins of Audiogames.net, and the other pwople,

I say when FuriousD gets back we (the adminastraters) make him a news admoderator!
He seems good enough, it will be to welcome him back!

Who's with or against me?

2008-04-18 16:14:30

I don't know maybe we should wait until he gets more posts?

Connor

2008-04-18 16:29:27

Um, he's got like 96 postes.
come on, he will probably like it, I mean, I hope he will!

2008-04-18 18:40:24

He has 96 posts? I have nearly five hundred. And there are at least two members with three times my post count. I don't think post count is, by itself, a reliable indicator of the ability to be a forum admin. That's just foolish.

2008-04-18 19:04:04

If 96 Post was enough then you might want to take a look at the number I have. I have over a hundred, but I hope that he's doing fine. I wish him the best of luck.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-18 22:25:59 (edited by Ryan Smith 2008-04-18 22:26:20)

I have IDK, more than 96, about 700 I believe, The News Mods have thousands, and have been in the AG community longer then me or furiousd.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2008-04-18 23:11:47

Well, sorry for getting to this a bit late. Lots of junk happening here. Anyway, FuriousD asked me through eMail if I could post this. And I'm not the kind of person who wouldn't do something if asked, so naturally I did it. FuriousD is currently in a hospital right now, I don't know where but apparently the first part of the operation is almost complete. Then he's gotta rest for two weeks. They're apparently doing it in "stages", 2 parts I believe. Quoted from a mail:

"
If something goes wrong, FuriousD could be either mentally unstable or die.
end "

I won't tell you who sent me it, and how I know this because I'd rather not have the dude bombarded with messages from people. He also told me that in 2 weeks when he can see  FuriousD he'll tell him about the forum thread and what we're all saying and such.

As for the news mod thing, that'd be nice for  him--hoping he makes it. I'm praying for him and hope he does allright.

2008-04-19 05:14:55

Well, he's not doing so well. Taken from an email:

"
I went to see him today. It was kind of scary. He had no idea who I was, and doctors say he would sscream randomly at like 2:00 in the morning and talk about his grandmother. He could barely talk as it was. I hope he'll turn out ok.
End "

Ok guys. So, keep him in your prayers and stuff. OK?

2008-04-19 08:36:34

Might not want to quote directly, even  if you're not telling who told you that. After all, it might be one of those "only I'd know that sort of info" type of things for the original sender, which automatically labels you as the leak. Just be careful, is all I ask.

Also: brain surgery is touchy...something which seems wrong right away can correct itself later, and something which seems all right for a time might go wrong later. That's true of anything, really, but all I mean is that he may be nonlucid now, but might yet come around. I hope the best and all.

2008-04-19 10:42:13

that sounds scary indeed. I hope he'll do all right.

2008-04-19 16:30:12

Yeah I know---I asked the dude if it was ok to quote it and he said that was cool.

I only know as much as that, nothing more. Keep ya posted on what goes on, and apparently this isn't normal behavior for this kind of operation.

2008-04-19 16:57:25

it doesn't sound like it's normal either. I really hope he'll get better.

2008-04-19 17:58:31

ear in mind: brain surgery often requires pain medication afterwords. If he's on anything with a strong morphine base (fairly likely, though not a guarantee) he could even be hallucinating/delirious due to the effect of the drug, nothing to do with the brain surgery. Of course, I'm not there, I'm not a medical expert and I'm only exploring options here...

2008-04-21 02:45:50

Oh my God!
dude I am getting kinda red in the face here, i mean here's a guy i have never met but I have talked to him on skype dozens of times playing online games, talking about the Celine girl, and just talking
and now to here he's all *****ed up screaming at night, not recognizing his own friend, and talking about his grandmother, well, I mean its enough to make a not so emotional man loose it

Connor

2008-04-21 02:50:03

also Andy, could you ask that fellow if I could have him email me about his progress too?
You can tell him that it's Connor and I am a good friend of Dan's
but if he has never heard of me its okay, but if he does know me i would appreciate it

Connor

2008-04-21 06:00:29

Guys, he slipped into a coma last night--last night meaning Saturday, April 19, 2008. At around 10:00 PM. He is still in a coma, and also, his heart stopped beating for 11 seconds so they attached him to some kind of device to keep his heart going or something. Guys this is quite scary--especially coming from his best friend, (well, that's how I'm informed of this, via his best friend), and he's quite scared. Hell even I'm scared and I only know him via the forums and email conversations, etc. Guys, also the doctors can't operate on him while he's in this coma, so his recovery might be more than 2 months. I don't care how long it takes--just concerned he gets better...

2008-04-21 16:06:41 (edited by CJ 2008-04-21 16:07:16)

man too bad there's rules against cursin' or else there would be a lot of that coming from me in fear and in pity

Connor

2008-04-21 18:13:36

Andy,

If you can get in to speak to him, tell him that people care about him and are wishing hard for his recovery.
Even if he can't respond, he might hear you.
And even if he responds with nonsense, he might understand you.
Sometimes just knowing that you're not alone is really really helpful.

John

2008-04-21 19:40:20

Oh My! I'm scared for him too. That's really sad to hear. if you could post this topic to his best friend or maybe even FuriousD himself if he is able to read it, that'd be very good.

2008-04-22 16:26:30

yeah I think he would find it fantastic to see pages of a topic devoted to wishing him the best during his operation

Connor

2008-04-24 03:57:24

John:

I'm getting this from his best best friend so unfortunately I can't see the dude. In fact, I don't even live in Florida lol! I'll definitely give his to him though, this forum thread. I have not heard anything since that coma. Actually, I am going to check my trash foldr. As I was out of town with my Braille+ which came back, roming about and using wireless from the hotel to check mail. The signal was so weak that the thing crashed, and of course the 19 messages along with it. So, if there were any updates I don't know. I'll find out now, though.

2008-04-24 16:31:05

yeah Andy keep us posted

Connor

2008-04-28 02:44:55

Ok guys, he's out of the coma. He was actually out of it at about 1 o'clock saturday morning, but I wasn't awake enough to post at that time lol.

So. That's not all though! His parents saw him about an hour ago and guess what! He knew who they were and stuff!

2008-04-28 02:47:09

Way cool!