2017-01-30 01:30:08

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody tackled audiogames in Quorum yet? The Quorum tutorials just use audio as suplemental for the visual stuff, as do most mainstream languages, so was curious if anyone made any audiogame specific classes, like a way to do menus easier than creating a class for every menu, such as a main menu. Or, should I say, every game that requires a menu.
Plus, I was hoping to make games on Mac, but with the really crap VoiceOver and system voice conflict while coding in Sodbeans/Netbeans... just, no. I'd rather code on Windows with NVDA support and compile it on the Mac and Windows if I have to.
I'll probably just resume Learn Python the Hard Way. BGT overkills it with the C-like syntax, Quorum's simple in the syntax but doesn't have anything like soundpool or anything like that, and I was doing good in LPHW last I did it anyway. I found that I was making less errors.
However, that doesn't stop Quorum from possibly second place to BGT. BGT still wins for having all the libraries there, but its syntax... no thanks.
This is not one of these "I need help in finding a language", so I'd appreciate it if the Python VS. BGT VS. Pure Basic VS. C/Swift whatever stay off here. I know choosing a language is all about personal preference, and after making Memory Train Deluxe, of which I lost the source code, I've decided that BGT really isn't for me, despite the big advantages it has over anything else.

2017-01-30 23:05:57

Not quite yet. I'm still trying to learn the language.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-01-31 03:22:08

Here's an example of panning sounds. In theory you could go collecting enough info to find out how to update the sounds based on your location.
https://www.quorumlanguage.com/lessons/ … ge2_2.html