So, looking forward, I would like to have a greater skillset than I've currently got, development-wise. I've got a few good skills, but I'd like to have more.
Here's what I've got:
1. A strong grasp on the English language, and a strong imagination
2. a good head for numbers (not complex math, just general stats and the like)
3. The ability to think logically/algorithmically (I understand a lot of the fundamental issues that must be taken into account for gaming projects)
4. a basic understanding of code logic (conditional statements, variables, loops, and a very very basic understanding of arrays)
Now, here's what I'd like help with, in no particular order.
1. BGT. This being a scripting language, I hear it's quite easy to work with and also quite robust. I'd like a sort of jumping-off point, using someone who's more proficient.
2. The same sort of jumping-off point for some other programming languages at some point (python? c sharp? I hear they're both good for gaming).
And look, I know I'm asking a lot. I also know there are probably resources to help me with this sort of thing. But I really do learn best by being taught, at least at first. I'm kind of a roll-downhill sort of person, in that once I pick up a head of steam, I tend to move very quickly and self-teach.
If nothing else, could one or more of you good people chime in on this and set me in a good direction? I'd be hugely appreciative.
I want to do more for game development than just being the idea person one day. It would, in fact, be nice to actually make my own games one day, or at the very least to be at the head of a project. I'm thinking long-term here, by the way, and I know I'm not going to be pumping out games, say, this summer or anything. But looking forward, if I'm involved in someone else's project I'd love to be able to do more than just give ideas, and for my own projects, I'd love to be able to just...get on and do them rather than having to get lucky seeking out other builders to do the heavy lifting.
Thanks in advance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1