2017-01-30 12:25:07

Hi Everyone

I don't know what to do to get this game working. I have .net3.5 installed. When I brought up this problem before someone said I should try installing another version of direct x, but I don't know what version to try. Thanks Munawar for making this game free, I've been wanting to play this game ever since I heard it being played on pg13.

2017-01-30 16:21:38

Now the database can be edited again I wonder if someone could please give me some information (I could read through this topic but I am lazy big_smile).

I was wondering if tdv is now open source, where the full version can be downloaded these days, secondly where anyone who might want to alter the source code can find it.
If people could please give me the appropriate links I'll be glad to update the news room and also perhaps put together some news, since while I am sad Munawar and bpc won't be working on tdv again, at least the game is now available for others who might want to give brutus what for big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-30 20:20:40

Dark I believe the links are in the first post. So does anyone have an idea as to how I can handel landing on the carrior after the cut sceen after I beet the kernel? The full details are in post 86

Audio game king

2017-01-30 21:41:28

I lost the first fight, guess I'll have to go re-read the docs on how to do that, sucks though as now I have to do the destruction of the training ground and airbase again, wish there were checkpoints or something.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-30 22:24:34

save? rofl

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-01-31 00:59:26 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2017-01-31 01:08:44)

I saw no options for this anywhere.

***EDIT***
after consulting the documentation, I found its under the O menu... der.... wow... sometimes I can be so idiotic, anyway...

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-31 03:20:04

Dark, tdv will actually continue to be worked on as time permits, so it's not completely out of development. As for the links, here they are.
the github repository for the game
main game, binary only, no source
entire package including source
As for the source only package, if you guys think that should go on the db page then go for it, but personally as it's on the github page, and I'd assume that folks who were looking for just! the source pretty much knew what they were looking for, it's probably best to let the github page speak for itself on that matter, even so the link to the huge package with both the binary and source is probably just as fit for a db entry as is the binary only package. Now with all that said, it's time for the news post to go from it's former freer d velocity post to officially become, free-d velocity! lol

2017-01-31 05:34:47

this fight thing's got me pissed right off, can't do it

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-31 06:37:35

Start off by running away from him. Then wait for him to come back. You may take a few tries to get this, but once you've got him, punch him repeatedly, then grab him by holding down alt, running around till you hit a wall, walking one step to the left of that wall, then releasing . That'll throw him up against the wall, keep throwing him til he's done for.

2017-01-31 16:19:46

Yeah I got it by doing similar, one thing is that whenever I throw him, I get knocked out as well, which is a little odd tbh. I usually wake before he does so I'll punch him like 3 times and then grab him again and throw, and continue until he is done.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-31 19:12:26

so what's the best way to dodge bullets, I can get away from missiles easily enough most times, but the bullets kill me, so no matter if I bank, barrel roll, or climb or dive they always seem to hit me no matter what I do. Also the missiles are distracting when you hear them and the closest one is 10 miles away and its falling behind. I erally ought to open this thing up in visual studio and have a poke around, lol. I would love to create like an endless mode where you can just fly around and there are enemies you can spawn in, create a easy or tough battle, have access to the carrier ,etc.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-01 00:36:33

you'll want to turn around and turn on the afterburners to get away from the bullets, or if you're really in a fix, get up to thin air, 50000 feet or above. They won't follow you up there, but don't stay up there for long as that's an unsafe altitude. Basically go up there till you're far away enough from the bullets, then get back down to a safe altitude.

2017-02-01 00:52:09

Yeah I do get up to 50 plus and hang there for a while, once you're down in normal alts again your engine health does come up over time so its like a safe haven if you pay attention.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-01 20:38:05

hi i can not play the game it says the following[Window Title]
Three-D Velocity
has incountereda user defind brake point

what should i do to fix this problem

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2017-02-02 00:51:05

Hannes, you need to install Microsoft's DirectX, and the .net framework 3.5 or above. Also, make sure you delete the bpcprograms directory from your appdata folder if you have an older version of tdv installed.

2017-02-02 05:35:17

thanks how to get direct x

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2017-02-02 06:17:58

Look on the github page for tdv, there's a link to the directx installer. It's also in this thread.

2017-02-04 22:16:41

ok a problem. i downloaded TDV, and when i ran it, i got a prompt to download a special thing. i clicked yes to download it, thinking it was that instauler thing, it loads up windows fetures, then it sits there. a few seconds, and link to try again or close this app pops up. if i try again, same thing. i have instauled the microsoft thing. so what am i doing wrong?

the game doesn't launch, it just prompts me to download something, and if i click skip it closes. i don't think i have any folder in appdata.  so umm, yeah, any help?

2017-02-04 22:53:21

amerikranian, now that, is weird. Could you tell us what os you're running? Before you accept any of that, let's make sure you have directx and .net framework 3.5 or higher installed. Make sure you delete the bpcprograms directory from your appdata if present, and make sure you're launching the game from the extracted zip archive, not your start menu as that is a commercial version and not the open sourced version. The open sourced version has no installer, it's only a zip or 7z archive, depending on where you picked up the game.

2017-02-05 00:15:39 (edited by amerikranian 2017-02-05 00:16:38)

post 120.
i'm running windows 8.
i followed the link from the site, and downloaded the enstauler.
used it,
went and extracted the folder.
ran the TDV inside of it, and that's how i got the thing to show up.
check if there is a folder in appdata, there wasn't.

2017-02-05 03:02:11

I believe that's what your problem is, unless the installer you're referring to is directx or .net framework 3.5. The tdv package you should have is a .zip file. Run the game, it's /tdv/bin/release x86/tdv.exe.

2017-02-05 04:05:27

hello. i downloaded the game from the link i just want to play it. do i have to place it in the right folder? because right now, i don't have it in program files x86.
i really want to play this, and what's strange, it ran fine like a year ago.
do any of you guys have an instauler for it?
if not... i dono what to do.
i cant get the master package simply because it puts me back on the info page if i click it. what do i do now?

2017-02-05 04:36:25

Alright, then, download the master package directly

2017-02-05 17:08:07

ok.
so i downloaded the master pack, and all i see is abunch of files. i see shared, TDV, 2 files that i cant open, lisance and readme which i cant open either.
if i go into shared, i see sharp x stuff, neither of which i can open, if i go into tdv folder, i see 78 files of which i cant open neither, as well.
what do i do now?

2017-02-05 18:17:46

Go into tdv, then go into the bin directory, then into release86, then tdv.exe.