2017-01-21 12:41:01

This one sounds interesting, sort of a mystery meets the standard D&D type aventurer's bar I think.
Either way, official page is here
And description is below.
I'll also add for those not familiar with Choiceofgames and hosted games, these can be played over on the website at www.choiceofgames.com, on Ios, or on Android via the respective stores, so though the official press release mentions Steam it's very much not required.

Hosted Games
has a new game for you to play!
A mysterious tavern with a deadly secret! Check-in to this magical tale of
murder and mystery where not everything is as it seems. Explore the
tavern in secret or in style, meet and mingle with guests and staff, wield
weapons and magic and uncover clues before the killer strikes again!
Evertree Inn
is an immersive 265,000 word interactive experience by
Thom Baylay, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–
without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast unstoppable
power of your imagination.
What will you do when an overnight stay in a highway tavern turns into the
biggest mystery of your life? Will you rise to the challenge, or will you resist
your destiny? Are you in it for the money, for the thrill of the chase or are
you secretly hoping for romance? Enter an open world, where the choices
you ignore matter as much as the ones you explore and where every
interaction has a reaction. Choose your path as elf or dwarf, human or
halfling or even the elusive brownie and find out if you have what it takes to
survive the night at Evertree Inn?
• Immerse yourself in the fully open and explorable tavern where your
actions have real consequences.
• Play as any one of five races, each with their own unique abilities and
dialogue options!
• Overcome obstacles with brute strength, keen perception, natural
cunning and even magic.
• Battle with any weapon you can imagine or unleash an impressive
arsenal of spells.
• Boldly confront guests and staff or lurk in the shadows as you uncover
clues.
• Make enemies and friends and maybe even find true love.
• Play as male, female or non-binary.
• Play as gay, straight, bisexual or asexual.
Thom developed this game using
ChoiceScript
, a simple programming language for
writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is
easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game
and
Hosted Games will publish it for you
, giving you a share of the revenue your game
produces.
P.S. Our
Choice of Games Contest for Interactive Novels
is going strong! We're
offering $10,000 in prizes for interactive novels written in ChoiceScript. The First Place
winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize, the Second Place winner will receive $3,000,
and the Third Place winner will receive $2,000. In addition, all three winners will receive
a publication contract with Choice of Games, including 25% royalties on the sales of
the published game. Entries must be submitted by January 31, 2018, more than a year
from now.
Official rules
are also available.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-21 15:08:39

Sounds awesome. Will have to check this one out.
Also regarding steam this is another one of those games that actually runs fine, if you can get it installed using the Steam interface. But I'm still very glad that these are available on iOS and android because that's how I play them, even now.

2017-01-22 13:55:13

Greetings all.

I just completed it late last night and I must confess to being slightly disappointed with the end of the game. It ended too abruptly and we're left hanging; waiting to find out what happens next. I was hoping to interact far more with the dryad and considering I played as a mage and the second time round, a druid, I feel the dryad should have let me commune with her instead of must giving me the order to kill the innkeeper's daughter.

To be fair though, the game before the final chapter was quite enjoyable and although the elf in room 5 turned out to be incredibly shallow, she did have potential as did all the characters to grow and improve. I wish I could have chosen what to eat as well as drink and don't taverns also provide entertainment? I feel I should have been allowed to entertain the guests as well as participated in mini games like a knife throwing contest like they have in some fantasy games.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2017-01-23 23:06:21

Hello all.
Can you give me please a direct link for google play?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-01-26 14:05:43

Greetings dragos; here is the google play link you requested. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … reeinnGame