2017-01-21 06:23:35

Hello all,

I'd like to ask if anyone knows a good basketball manager game accessible  for the blind. Of course online and something like hattrick, if you know it. I tryed to get it on google but there are too many to try and see if they are accessible so I decided to ask first on forum here.
Thanks in advance

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2017-01-21 10:26:26

Long shot (no punintended) but look up World Basketball Manager on PC and see how accessible it. It's not multiplayer if I remember right or has officially licensed teams but IIRC it is easy to navigate and should in theory work with screenreaders...but I haven't tried it.

What I have tried is BuzzerBeater which is horrifically bad at accessibility. Don't go near that one at all.

I'm pretty sure there's a few others out there but I can't remember the names of them.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-22 23:11:22

Thanks for the answer

Stella rossa di Belgrado

2017-01-23 07:31:59

Hi vojvoda,  i play on android basket manager 2017 and this is so cool game, accesible with talk-back, and you can try, firstly you need to download from googleplay...  i have question where i can find this basketball manager for which say a Draco Selene?

2017-01-23 13:08:17

It should still be on Steam but don't get your hopes up, NVDA wasn't working very well with it for me, and the game itself kept stuttering and loading regardless of NVDA.

If you want a decent one that may work with ascreenreader, look for WOlverine Studios stuff on Steam, try the Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball game, that should run with a screenreader I believe...but I don't have a copy of it  to test....

BUT

You can go get a demo from the Wolverine Stuios site, simply google Wolverine Studios Total Pro Basketball demo and it should take you tot he download page and give the file.

Again I don't know how well it works though with screenreaders but it is clearly presented, so in theory at least, it should work with screenreaders. I just don't know if they ever fixed the game crashing past a certain point in the year.

Also, try the Grey Dog Sports games, those are text based too and should, once again, work with screenreaders but it's been ages since I tried any of their games.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 15:24:54

Hi.
Before you start spending your money on games that will not work with a screen reader anyway, i have some accessible ones here.
You can try basketsim which is an online basketball manager. Also there is basketball agent for iPhones, you don't manage a team there, instead you are taking the role of a basketball agent and have to manage your roster of clients with managing contracts, endorsement deals and such stuff.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-23 19:18:45

Oh on sites of grey dog ifind any tekst based rpg game. But is it accesible with screen reader? i do not want to purchase a money   and game is not accesible...

2017-01-24 01:12:54

There is honestly not really an online basketball manager that's great. In terms of Gameplay, BuzzerBeater is the best, but is the most inaccessible. BasketSim is the worst as far as gameplay and realism, but is the most accessible. It also has a small number of players.
So yeah, my quest continues. As for as manager games in general, I enjoy Powerplay Manager Hockey, but all of their other games are unfortunately inaccessible.

2017-01-24 20:24:24

I hear that for power play football (soccer), that is it accesible too is it true?

2017-01-24 20:45:40

From what I reclal yeah, the matches in that were, least when I dipped into it, fully 3D done and though it was fun in a dumb early FIFA game type of way it wasn't accessible....at least at the time.

@the guy who mentioned hokckey. How acessible is the hockey manager one? I've tried EHM on Steam and FHM2 and both suck for creenreaders and don't have intuitive interfaces....so...yerah I'm hoping for a decently fun hockey manager game.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-24 23:59:05

I was referring to PowerPlay Hockey Manager. The Soccer one is also accessible. Personally, I want a game like Fifa, so that's a good thing.
Their other games, however, such as Handball, basketball, etc, are not accessible.

2017-01-26 02:31:44

Hi.
I installed basket manager 2017, and all I see is some kind of credits screen.
I can't find any other options except for who made it and stuff.
Is there somewhere on the screen where they come up?
I downloaded this on android btw.

Bryan Mckinnish
aka the blue-eyes white dragon, with an attack strength of 3000 and a defense strength  of 2500!

2017-02-19 14:03:17 (edited by vojvoda 2017-02-19 14:34:53)

hello guys, I found one  quite good,

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/

Stella rossa di Belgrado