2017-01-18 16:41:59

Hi, everyone.
I was wondering if is there a browser game, or maybe mud, in which you can have your own planet, and personalise it the way you like, for example adding or removing things from it, building specific areas on  the planet and so on.
Does  someone know something close to this concept?
Thanks in advance

2017-01-18 21:06:35

i know kozmik rage and prometheus has something like that

Don't care.

2017-01-18 22:12:02

cosmic rage has a lot of things you can build actually:
Dwellings, found on I believe all capital planets let you build up to 51 rooms, rename, describe and put furniture in them.
Houses, I think the only place you can get houses is on diana. You need bricks to build them, but they can have more rooms than a dwelling if you get a better house rank.
Vehicles, vehicles of any type can be expanded with multiple rooms that can also be self described, a total of 10 rooms. The sad thing is they don't really do anything except offer you places to walk in.
Factories, Here's where things get interesting. If you are level 200 and have 25 billion credits you can buy a factory. The smallest factory rank can have 60 rooms in total, and they do different things such as storing resources, crafting items or ship building docks. Factories can also be upgraded all the way to artificial planets if you want and are good enough at roleplaying and describing.
Ships, you can get tiny all the way to huge ship frames and describe rooms. You can have any type of rooms but the amount of rooms you can have is limited depending on how large the frame is you are building on.
And probably others that I'm forgetting...
Prometheus has a simular thing with moon bases though I'm unfamiliar with how those work.
Miriani has private space stations, they cost a lot of money though and I'm not sure if you can describe them yourself.
Then there's all the browser games, here it really depends what you're looking for. There's this one typical method space empire building, where you are given a planet and you must construct resource buildings for metals, crystals and deuterium, solar, fusion or satelite based energy buildings to power those resource buildings, robot factories for shortening build times, research technologies to unlock new things, and build ships to colonize other planets or attack players. Of course, there are more types of buildings than that in those games, but these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. There are countless variations of this concept out there, just look at some of the sci fi game listings on newrpg.com and you'll know what I'm talking about. Most have slightly different rules, names or buildings but the ultimate concept is the same. They mostly run on timers and have a currency you can get with microtransactions usually called dark matter which you can use to instantly complete buildings or researches and get officers which give you bonuses. Then there's core exiles which actually has multiple types of planet/empire management. You can buy a lisence to own a settlement on a participating planet, then construct a settlement there and contract it out to different npc stores in the game which players can use to buy items, and you'll get part of the cash. Settlement stores usually have discounts to atract players to them. I've never owned a settlement in ce but from what I know you need to  have a lot of resources and money to invest into it for it to propperly work, having looked at some of the skems for settlement buildings! Sets can also get raided by pirates in which case you need ground and space based defenses and shields. If a set reaches level 6 you can specialize it with another building such as a shipyard to sell your own starships that you have made. Then there's genesis management which works by you setting up a genesis plot of land, constructing buildings on it and having them produce space and ground units to fight the a.i. If players manage to kill all the a.I on a planet, I believe that the planet becomes available for people to explore and visit. The final thing that comes to mind is corperations where you buy out a corp office and make ships you have available for contracts which give you money. Of course you'll need to equip those ships yourself to survive pirate attacks and whatnot. Don't quote me on the ce stuff, since I've never actually done any of it. There's probably some more stuff you can do in the expanse involving aliens and settlements there, but I wouldn't know about it if this were the case. Back when it was around you used to be able to build planetary colonies on planets that you've found while probing on dmnb and do stuff with them like build ships, but it wasn't too advanced and never really got off the ground (This is something I'd love to see returning in danny's new game).

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-01-20 22:37:36

Grryf mainly covered things I think, though I'll also add federation 2, the business style space game.
website here
It's a mud, but where other space muds are all about the combat and war, Federation 2 is a business style game.
You start off making deliveries, then move on to various other activities, owning factories, selling contracts and eventually owing a coorporation or a cartel of your own.
The ultimate aim is to build first your own planet, and then your own syndicate system. This involves both managing the resources and finances, and also actually writing the descriptions and crafting the different rooms.

This is a game which I've been meaning to add to the db for quite some time since they advertise themselves as very screen reader friendly but I've not managed to get around to it as yet, still if people want to check it out you certainly do run and build your own planets there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-21 11:49:38

the one huge problem with fed2 is that there is no way to map an area, meaning you need to search around on planets to find shops or offices, and same for moving in space. There is no way to see your coordinates and the maps aren't accessible so the only way to find other planets is to move around hoping to stumble across them. This of course gets to be a problem when doing cargo deliveries, because you have a limited time in which to do them and failing to meet this time will leave you with a dicreesed reward if you manage to find the planet the delivery needs to go to.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-01-21 20:46:02

Hmmm, it seems odd given what the developers say about access in the game and the fact that is a fairly easy thing to fix.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-21 22:21:03

yeah fed2 would be good if it was easier to access. I tried it a few years ago it's not the easiest game to access.