2008-03-28 22:49:13 (edited by archer 2008-03-28 22:51:33)

After months of working on the new project of BPC Programs, we have finally released an audio intro, that will give you an accurate idea of what the game will be like.
In this intro you will hear the general storyline being told by one of the 3 main characters, Captain chase the man in charge of base 15.

You will be told about both Racing Mode and Death Match Mode, 2 out of 3 of the modes you will be able to play in when TDV is released to the public.
The file itself will be in Mp3 format, and downloadable the instant this thread starts.

Bpc are releasing this sound bite of TDV as a sneak preview of the game, as due to the nature of the game, BPC were unable to release the public beta over December2007.
So, if you want to get a view at the intro that will be playing at the beginning of TDV go to
www.bpcprograms.com

Be sure to keep on checking back to BPC for updates.

Best regards

Archer.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2008-03-29 15:27:08

wow, i thought we'd never see an update until the game was released. i recken that this game will be absolutely brillient, and i tell you this now. i'm going to buy it, no matter the price. i am guessing that it might be released after my birthday, by the sounds of things. this way, i'll hopefully have some money. but if it's released before which i doubt, i'll still play the demo. it's going to be a blast!

2008-03-29 20:24:54

It certainly sounded interesting, but I can't really say more until there is at least a sound clip of gameplay. I'll definitely keep my ears open on this though.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-03-30 08:23:02

So will I. It sounds interesting enough, but you're right, gameplay sound would've been good...

Discord: clemchowder633

2008-03-30 19:35:58

hmm, sounds interesting
but yeah definitely could use some gameplay in there, especially the deathmatch one

Connor

2008-03-30 22:20:15

Hi all,
There will be trailers when we are ready to make some. Right now the game is still in Alpha stages of development and testing. We only released the clip to let you know that TDV is under development and has not been trashed (notwithstanding the Cloning Malice II incident) and also to give you a more definite overview of the game aside from the description released last year.
Munawar

2008-03-31 06:33:12

Good to know there. I have a question. Did I get booted off the staff for some discernable reason? lol. Kidding, of course.

2008-03-31 11:43:16

Hi,
If you were part of the CM II testing team, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be part of this one. They are two different titles. After every release the team is dismissed so the only way for you to have gotten back on would have been to register for the TDV team. HTH,
Munawar

2008-03-31 16:07:43

yeah just so I know, what does hth mean?

Connor

2008-03-31 20:30:52

I think it means: Hope that helps (HTH)

2008-03-31 23:19:21

Either that or happy to help, could be either really. Then again I'm not big on these acronyms.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-03-31 23:35:57

I've always assumed Hope this helps myself, --- though i agree, it could quite as easily mean hit that haddock, hyke to hell, here the horror, or heave that hedgehog, or probably quite a lot of other things.

to stop being random for a moment, i'll look forward to learning more about Tdv nearer the time, ---- the intro was most intreaguing as far as it went, but I can't wait to learn more about the gameplay.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-01 01:14:57

Hahahaha. Nice spewing there, dark. I love that. Heave that hedgehog, eh? Don't think that would fit.

Thanks Munawar. Just thought I'd ask. lol. Anyway can't wait to hear about it myself, looking forward to it.

2008-04-01 12:31:33

CJ wrote:

yeah just so I know, what does hth mean?

I would appreciate it if we kept this thread on topic, and thanks dark for steering it back on track with your most recent post. This thread is for information and comments pertaining to TDV only, and I must say I wasn't too happy when I saw three or four consecutive posts on hth. I'm here to answer questions and receive comments about TDV, and would appreciate some assistance in the matter by people not posting off topic questions in this thread. Thank you all for your cooperation.
Munawar

2008-04-01 15:30:54

I am sorry I just didn't think it was necessary to make a whole other topic on one small thing that could be easily answred.
I will stay away from now on, from using hth, and from posting offtopic stuff in this thread.

Connor

2008-04-01 16:49:29

So is there a plan for multiplayer in terms of this game? Because if there's racing and deathmatch, I'd think that'd work perfectly.

2008-04-01 17:13:22

I still love and appreciate your work Munawar. Don't worry. smile

I'd also be interested to know whether multiplayer is a real possibility.

James

2008-04-01 18:52:24

Hi,
Multiplayer is definitely in the plans and things to do list, but hasn't been implemented yet. We're going to get local play perfected before we "hit the net", so to speak.
Munawar

2008-04-02 16:24:20

internet with like a public server or servers would be great if it could get done
even if it was added on later,

Connor

2008-04-03 10:58:36

CJ wrote:

internet with like a public server or servers would be great if it could get done

Although a public central server would be nice, there would probably have to be a monthly or yearly subscription fee to the players for the upkeep costs of the server. I think when we first release the game, it will be based on peer to peer connections, and anyone with a highspeed connection better than DSL should be able to host a server with minimal lag. I am not sure how fit the blind gaming community is to pay monthly for playing online, although All in Play has definitely succeeded in this matter. I will probably poll the forum when we move over in to Beta testing and out of Alpha and start to focus on internet play.
Munawar

2008-04-03 14:40:02

i'm Personally  more interested in a detailed single player experience than multiplayer, ---- but that's just probably me and I know other people will think differently on this one.

I hope, as with rail racer, more information ---- such as gameplay recordings and maybe the ability to read the manual first will be made available nearer the release date of the game to give us all a bit of pleasant anticipation, ---- not to mention drumb up some support and spread the word about tdv?

Any future server subscriptions aside, do you have any thoughts on how much tdv will be costing Munawar? Of course if you've not made a final decision or don't want to reveal the price right now, ---- fair enough, as I said before, we can wait.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-03 15:28:59

This game souns cool, but any release and or gameplay is welcom. I know alot has already been said, but I want to know any news about this as soon as it comes.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-04 09:26:04

i'm Personally  more interested in a detailed single player experience than multiplayer, ---- but that's just probably me and I know other people will think differently on this one.

There will be quite a bit to do in local playing before online play will be suitable eg. learning how to takeoff and land, maneuvering, dodging, etc etc etc. This is why the sims were put in place. In other words, there will be a bit of both online and local play in this game, and we are not neglecting the local play at all for a better online experience, mainly because I understand where you're coming from, and get sick of games that sacrifice an excellent potential for local play because they're busy bragging about p-to-p interaction.

I hope, as with rail racer, more information ---- such as gameplay recordings and maybe the ability to read the manual first will be made available nearer the release date of the game to give us all a bit of pleasant anticipation, ---- not to mention drumb up some support and spread the word about tdv?

We are definitely considering this one. I realize that a beta was supposed to be released last year, but with the death of my twin brother and other stuff that went on, unfortunately it never happened. So we're probably going to just release bits of the game in audio to make up for it as time goes on.

Any future server subscriptions aside, do you have any thoughts on how much tdv will be costing Munawar? Of course if you've not made a final decision or don't want to reveal the price right now, ---- fair enough, as I said before, we can wait.

I can't really say much on this at the moment, but I'll let you know when we have a reasonable figure.

2008-04-09 18:48:22

cw wrote:

This game souns cool, but any release and or gameplay is welcom. I know alot has already been said, but I want to know any news about this as soon as it comes.

Hi,
I will be posting here as information is available, and I will be setting up a mailing list soon as well.
Munawar

2008-04-10 09:47:10

Sounds great. I look forword to hear some gameplays.
It would be great if there is a lot of things to unlock, and it shouldn't be easy. There could maybee be a lot of weapons and maybee planes you could unlock if you got enough points.

If you want to make some great adventure in this game, it would be awesome if you are able to go out of your plane and walk around with your carictor. If the game is going to be very big, it would be cool if you could upgrade your carictor with armour you find or purchase.

If you want more suggestions, please contact me off the forum by mail. I have many suggestions if you want to put some adventure into the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen