2017-01-06 12:31:22

Hello to all of you on the audiogames forum.
I have a question to ask, but before i ask to mutch, let me tell you what i have to start with.
A verry grate thanks to Nathan Tech for helping me to create a domain that is free, enought sirver storage for a lot of files, so the website is all sorted.
I have the recording software, in my case i am going to use virtual recorder for the recording, and audasity for the intro creation.
I have an ftp client to upload files to the website, and all of the info for the website sutch as the username, password, and the host name.
Now all that i want to know is how can i upload audio to the website so that people don't have to download them, to let them basicly streem it?
if any one can help me with this, i would be verry happy for this.
best regards.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-01-06 15:27:25

you can use some sort of html code in it, but if you want to stream in real time you need something like sam broadcaster and a shoutcast server

2017-01-07 01:27:41

Well.
It all depends.
If all you want is a sort of podcast which is what I suspect you want.
Have a blog with wordpress, and powerpress.
Have an rss with the cast, then people can go to that and download the files.
Failing that you can have a directory with all the files in it and just let people download whatever they want.
If you want to stream you will need some encoders like sam, shoutcast or something, oddcast or something.
You need to decide what to stream in.
Most people should get mp3 streams, you will need a dialup 24 bit, mono stream and maybe a 48kbit stream stereo for mobile phone users.
And whatever your standard streaming bitrate is, most have 96kbps, then your stream at 192 or there abouts.
mp3 can go to 320kbps at any rate.
Others do stream in ogg, but not everyone supports ogg most do and its popular that goes to 500kbps but remember not everyone has massive download caps and bandwidth.
Finally if you don't really care you can use flac.
Not every player supports it and while it is definitly a nice sound its really chunky.
Most users use m3u playlists those are recognised by amost every media player.
I have seen people stream in aac but its not generally what is done.
A lot stream in mp3 and or ogg.
Failing that, there is always windows audio.
Be aware though the lower bitrate audio tends to carry a digital signal and not many use that.
Finally there is real audio but not many stream with this, it can make small file sizes thougyh but not everyone can play that.

2017-01-09 08:03:18

Hello to all of you, and i am sorry for the late replie.
Ok, i decided that i want to streem the audio in mp3.
Because the most media players surports it.
But i just don't know how i will be able for the user to press enter, and then the user can stream the audio.
I don't want the audio to be downloadable, i just want it to be streamable.
So if any one can help, that would reely be verry nice.
Best regards.

best regards

2017-01-09 12:29:10

Ok, i managed to make an m3u file, but i don't know how to let it streem as soon as the user presses enter.
Please help me if it is possible.

best regards

2017-01-09 16:32:24

You are trying to stream an audio file which is already pre-rendered and on the server?
Most browsers will do this automatically, nowadays. If you link to a media file, it will usually not ask you to download, but instead play the file, allowing you to save it manually.
For PG13 we use WordPress with the PowerPress Podcast Addon. It has it's built-in player. For the main radio stream on the main page it's a simple 4 line javascript in the HTML.

In your website, simply use the audio tag of HTML5. It comes with a player with volume controls and seek bar.
If you want to have a live, radio-like stream, then things will become more complicated and a simple web space is not going to be enough for you. Also know that a radio-like stream is definitely more involved and takes more work, especially if you want it to be running constantly.

In the end, the best way is simply link to the mp3 files. People who want to stream them can, people who want to download them won't have any issues either. Some people don't have the bandwidth speed to stream some files, and you'll avoid pretty much all errors you could this way while keeping it easy for you.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.