2017-10-30 00:19:24

Well at least we have the soundtrack to tide us over.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-30 02:27:03

Actually that's something I was wondering about as well... will preorders be a thing? Would be amazing if they were, play on release day and all without the possibility of forgetting, lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-30 04:07:03

I can't give a definite question about pre-orders, just because we don't currently have anything in place to accept pre-orders. But I can tell you that it's on the agenda to be discussed soon, and can promise that if and when we can confirm that pre-orders are available, we will let you all know. We definitely won't start taking pre-orders before a release date is announced.

2017-10-31 14:12:31

Definitely looking forward to it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-02 03:16:59

The music's amazing! Did they get an actual choir for some of those pieces? I'd assume it was a synth choir if not for the fact that there were words...

2017-11-02 03:34:53

From the developer talking to me on Twitter, every bit of this score is completely virtual!!! I know, I couldn't believe it either. I was completely shocked when Joseph told me that it was virtual. But, all the same, in the hands of such an awesome composer as Steve is totally amazing!!!

2017-11-02 04:17:12

How did he get the choir sounding so natural and singing words? Or at least syllables?

2017-11-02 04:47:46

Many game soundtracks, especially indie ones, have synthe choirs... they can sound amazingly good if handled right. Most video game music nowadays is done with virtual instruments and midi, you just couldn't tell because of how realistic they sound. Some synthe choirs have built in articulations, so that it sounds like they're singing words... which is why a lot of the time, while it sounds really cool, they aren't singing in any particular language.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-02 05:35:00

Yeah. I doubt Out of Sight could have afforded to hire an actual choir, cool as that might have been.

2017-11-02 18:47:05

That's really interesting, actually. xD

The more you know, I suppose. I knew midi could be good with the right soundfonts, but not that good.

2017-11-02 19:45:50

Welcome to the 21st century. Soundfonts are not the only way to get midi t sound good anymore. Virtual instruments ftw!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-02 19:53:19

Yeah when we first started work on the soundtrack, Steven was all excited about this new virtual choir he'd bought—actually I think he may have purchased it with the first installment of his payment. And I can definitely hear why he was excited. Interesting thought—there's probably a reason that so many choirs in soundtracks sing in something like Latin rather than English—because all of the sounds are much more consistent in Latin, so you can select from a standard set of vowels and consonants...you don't have all these weird diphthongs and such that we have in English.

2017-11-02 22:02:06

When it comes to ahc's music, my favourite track is Simeon's theme. All tracks are fantastic though, thus pretty difficult to decide which one is my favourite, but yeah. By the way, I'm glad to hear that you're in the process of announcing a release date, I'm excited smile

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-11-03 01:01:40

Yeah we're really close. In fact, I don't mind sharing that there was talk of announcing the release date sometime this week. But one of the team members requested another week or so to spend with something that has the potential to slow us down—basically he wants to be sure that some of the potential delays won't happen, before we commit to a date that might be too son if the delays do happen. ...that probably makes no sense, but the important thing is, we're very close to announcing the release date—and then the wait will have a definite end-point. Which is awesome.

2017-11-03 01:03:39

i hope it can be next monday. if not then i can wait until friday.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-11-03 01:42:44

Today is just ripe with good news! I am excited and that pick-me-up was sorely needed. My thanks, Joseph. Keep it up!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-03 10:29:51

I wonder, if you announced a release date, how far is that date which the game will be released on from the day you'll announce a release date? I hope it won't be another munths big_smile and by the way, will donors have early access to the game before the release?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2017-11-03 15:36:04

Hi,
@Joseph: oh wow, that sounds eally exciting indeed. Am looking forward to this. However, I gotta address another point which has soured my mood, if only slightly though...
@Mohammad: are you serious? I wouldn't mind if they announced a 2018 date at this point to be honest. It's just best to be patient now.

2017-11-03 16:35:49 (edited by Joseph Westhouse 2017-11-03 16:38:07)

fMuhammad: I can't answer that question simply because our plan isn't, "We're going to announce a release date X weeks before we release." Rather, we already have a release date we're planning for, but want to wait until we're sure that we can commit to that date before we announce. So, at the moment, the longer we go without announcing a date, the shorter the wait.

Of course it is possible that in the process of getting through this one technical thing we want to be sure won't delay us too much, we encounter delays that require us to shift our intended date. But either way, I can't say how long you'll have to wait after the announcement.

What I can say is that, hopefully, whatever date we announce, it will be a lot easier to wait with a fixed date in mind than to wait with no date, wondering if the release will ever come. You'll actually be able to count down the days, instead of just sitting and wondering.

Pre-order and early access are both something we've discussed some and are working out exactly what we want to do. Those details may be announced along with the release date, or shortly after if we haven't nailed them down yet. For the record, we will not announce anything about pre-order or early access until a release date has been announced (so, no need for anyone to ask again before then); and as soon as we have decided how they will be handled, we will announce them (so again, it really won't do much good to ask us, since if we haven't announced it, that means we haven't decided yet).

PS - I should also mention that, when we do announce a release date, I plan to post it in a separate thread, so nobody misses it. Just so you know that there's no chance of it getting buried in a post on this thread.

2017-11-03 17:36:29

Thanks Joseph. Keep up the great work, looking forward to the game whenever it comes out.

Kind regards!

2017-11-03 18:50:18

Muhammad Hajjar wrote:

When it comes to ahc's music, my favourite track is Simeon's theme. All tracks are fantastic though, thus pretty difficult to decide which one is my favourite, but yeah. By the way, I'm glad to hear that you're in the process of announcing a release date, I'm excited smile

You sir have a good ear for quality music. Simeon's Theme is pretty darn great.

- Nate W.

2017-11-03 19:53:31

Gee, Nate...why am I not surprised to hear you like that one? Welcome to the AG forums by the way!

2017-11-03 19:58:08

I'm holding off on the soundtrack for now, lol waiting until the game comes out... no spoilers! tongue

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-11-03 20:34:28

is the game free or you have to buy it?

2017-11-03 21:43:38

hi
when game release you have to buy it