2017-10-19 19:37:03

I don’t doubt the game is going to be awesome. Just listening to that one quest is enough to convince me. As for the soundtrack, I definitely imagine there would be a way to customize the volume of the music in game. That’s a pretty standard feature and most games.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-20 16:59:53

You guys can add me on Skype if you want to talk about it. I will be willing to do it for free. My Skype is George Bunge. Without capital letters.  Also, my Afrikaans isn’t perfect, but it’s way better than Google translation. I think I can understand about 79%.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-10-20 17:48:24

I've just had an idea, Joseph... It would help get news of the game around more, as well.
  So, I already know that this game is going to be enjoyable, and I know I'll want to play it a few times. If you wanted, I could possibly, after a few playthroughs, write up a game novelization that could be published through, say, Amazon, then people would hopefully stumble upon the book and become intrigued.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-20 18:25:13

Hi, just a few questions and suggestions. Are there many games in this game? You don’t have to tell me what they are. Also, will the game documentation be required or will there be a built in tutorial? Will you be able to romance party members? And how big do you think the game will be in size?  Will the extra items be for sail after the game comes out? And not many games, mini games.  And lastly, how will you activate the items? Will you have to enter a code?

2017-10-20 18:51:48

Dragomier: While we can't (and wouldn't want to) stop people from producing fan fiction or other derivative works, it would need to be non-commercial. If you wanted to release something for sale, that would be a different story. Not that we aren't open to the idea, but it's something we'd want to approach very carefully.

RTT: Some of these are questions I'd rather not answer, and simply let you experience them in-game. When you ask about game size, do you mean download size of the game file/how much disk space it will take up? As for documentation, there will be in-game tutorial prompts for a lot of the game basics, but we still strongly recommend reading the tutorial, particularly the controls documentation. There is just ay too much to cover in in-game tutorials, and if players don't read the documentation they'll be able to play the game but may miss out on a number of important details that will make their gameplay experience go much more smoothly.

2017-10-20 19:13:04

hi joseph
strange question
but game documentation is ready ?

2017-10-20 19:54:20

Hi, please will you maybe add me on Skype at George Bunge or send me a private message about the translation? It doesn’t have to be done, but I think it would be a great honour.

2017-10-20 20:04:42

I imagine the documentation will be ready at the same time is the game.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-20 20:08:22

Hi
Yeah I think he meant the file size. I don't know why I feel that I'll get more and more excited if I knew that the file size is pretty big, since that mostly indicates that the content is not few, so I'm also would like to know the approximate  size. Lol.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-20 20:59:33

Hi guys,

there is a lot of asking about very specific game Details Happening recently. Even though I can totally understand your excitement about the game - I share it with you and also want to learn as much as possible about the upcoming audio-game block buster - in my opinion you should harness your curiosity a bit. I tell you, why:
From all I could read from Joseph, I judge him to be a conscientious Reader and writer. That means reading and answering all of your Posts might be rather time consuming for him as he might think very carefully about what he wants or even can answer at the Moment. That is all time he can't spend working on AHC wink
Your questions are partially so specific that their answer isn't really of any use whatsoever. And some of them I hope Joseph will not answer publically as that would be a huge Spoiler for us.
So please be Patient and think twice before you issue a question. I know it is hard! big_smile

Joseph: I can't speak in your Name. So just tell me off if I am telling nonsense smile

2017-10-20 21:10:24 (edited by Nuno 2017-10-20 21:11:30)

I have one technical question:
How will the people choosing work?
I mean, for example in the talisman quest the guy recording the trailer took Senian, or whatever he's spelled.
I assume, if he's a thiew this mission without him would be much harder, so will I be able to swap party members when I go on a quest?
PS: I love the Farhaven soundtrack! This is my favourite track in the whole game, just I feel that guitar would be better in the place of the piano.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-10-20 21:16:39

Sorry for the double post, but I have another question: how moddable the game will be? I mean, will I be able to script custom expansions to the game? Or everything is packed in the .exe and modding is impossible?
In games like my favourite Gothic trilogy, people can create avesome expansions to the orginal game, adding new quests, items, or even creating whole new storylines in the game's universe.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-10-20 22:03:19

Normally I’m more of a guitar found that the PNO fan, but I think the piano works for Farhaven.  I also like the harp or lute or whatever it is that accompanies the piano in parts.

2017-10-20 23:13:24

The plucked strings inB Farhaven are harp and classical guitar.

nuno69, I can't speak to the game's ability to support mods. That's not something we've even remotely discussed. It's a pretty cool idea but I have no idea how much technical work would be required to make it possible.

RTT: We'll reach out if we're interested in taking you up on your offer. Generally speaking, though, we'd prefer not to have someone translating unless the language they're translating into is their first language, or they're fully fluent.

Honk: You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for speaking for me. Just one correction...the overly-specific questions aren't a recent phenomenon. I get it though—people are very hungry for any information they can get. I probably would be, too.

2017-10-21 04:27:45

So, here's a hopefully rather basic question... Is it possible to just attack whoever you want, randomly? As in, can I walk up to a beggar, and if I'm feeling rather evil, kill him?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-21 14:12:39

Oh, the technical work would be an issue, as you'll have to separate the engine from the game. Engine would be the main executable file, which would then load scripts which are the game's assets. I didn't think about that earlier.

2017-10-21 19:52:01

That would be quite a lot of work.

2017-10-27 18:04:59

So, a question of mine. Since you can wield an off-hand weapon, what will determine if you attack with that weapon? I understand if you cannot answer this now, but I'm curious, can you choose which arm to swing with?

2017-10-27 19:27:42 (edited by livrobo 2017-10-27 19:28:27)

Man, just wait for the game. So many questions about things that will be answered once the game is released.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2017-10-28 17:10:24

I'm super curious too, and am trying so hard to control that big_smile Anyways, can't wait to put my paws on the game.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-28 18:50:57

Is it too late to be a cast member in the game?  can I pre order this game?

Journalist and gamer

2017-10-28 19:03:42

As many have already said, just wait it out... the game will be out, hopefully in the near future, and you'll be able to answer these questions yourselves. And to the post just above mine, there is, if I'm right, no need for more cast members as all the roles have been filled.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-28 20:06:30

That was my thought as well. So excited...

2017-10-28 21:34:35

Hi
I hope you will create a pre-order page to ensure that I play it on the date of release immediately

2017-10-29 10:29:24

SO EXCITED! big_smile
I'm not gonna ask questions about gameplay or anything, as I like to work that stuff out myself. I just wanted to add my own excitement to the rest that's on this thread. Now, off I go to search Spotify for the soundtrack! big_smile big_smile