2017-05-28 00:15:37

Yeah 3 monkey's looked good from what I saw of the youtube video, shame it never got the backing.

2017-05-28 01:07:07

@Joseph: sorry, I have a small question, about the voice actors, can I know who are they?, I mean do all of those are a famus voice actors?, like from animes/video games? ,  (some of them are my favorites.) or you have a group of friends who working as the actors?
thanks before and sorry for my english big_smile

2017-05-28 04:58:53

@Jason: Ha, we definitely don't have any "famous" actors—we can't afford anyone famous. These are folks who are active in the indie game and modding communities. We posted auditions online and got a ton of submissions, and most of the cast came from that initial pool. Obviously they'll all be named in the game's credits, and you can always track them down from there if you want. But I don't think any of the names would mean anything to you if I was to list them off here. Hopefully that sort of answered your question.

2017-05-28 11:48:44

Joseph,
I think we all know someone named Joseph Westhouse.
What characters or foes is he playing?
A bartender with a heart of gold?
A drunken sailor being loaded into a cart?
A suspicious teller in the bank?

2017-05-28 12:05:51

One thing I'm really excited to see when the game comes out, is  all the different ways in which people will find to play the classes . smile

2017-05-28 20:11:58

Phil, fortunately for you all, you won't be hearing me in the game. I suppose technically I am playing Will the Minstrel, as he doesn't speak but you can hear him playing the Irish penny whistle, which is a recording of me playing. Assuming we don't replace those audio assets with something a bit higher quality, that is...

Dan_C: I couldn't agree more. I remember at one point one of our testers commented on the thief class seeming underpowered. I said, "Really? Because in my current play through I've had everybody but my thief character die multiple times, and have had to have him fight off multiple enemies so I can survive." So it really depends on how you build the character, which in turn depends on the type of gear you equip, what skills you upgrade, and so on. Hopefully there will be some lively discussion between players sharing tips and tricks they pick up.

2017-05-28 21:00:08

hey all, it's me posting here on tis topic for the first time, even I follow you excitedly
am I right all the classes in the game are mage, thief, necromancer priest warrior... and I totally forgot what I wanted to say as the sixth class
big_smile can someone tell the classes or am I missing something? big_smile

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-05-28 22:29:16

If I'm not mistaken, the game has 7 different classes to choose between, who are warrior, ranger, thief, mage, battle mage, priest and necromancer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-05-28 22:36:04

what's the difference between mage and battle mage? can't they both do combat?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-05-28 22:49:16

Hello all
A question regarding items/equipment, especially armor and weapons.  From reading previous posts and the demos on the website, you will not only be able to buy weapons in shops but also get them from completed quests as well as defeating enemies, am I correct?  With that perhaps being the case, with an inventory of hundreds of items/weapons/armor, will there be an auto equip or optimize option that will automatically equip the best equipment for a given character?  If not that's fine but the player will have to spend forever trying to figure out what is the best equipment out of that huge inventory.  Now I wouldn't mind that because I would be taking notes on what numbers I hear for each item such as magic, strength etc but some help might be nice for beginners or those players that might not have the patience to do such a thing.  Another question on that same topic is will you be able to sell old equipment?
I completely understand it can definitely be hard to get inventory management balanced, having it not that complex but not that easy either.
Thanks!

2017-05-28 23:38:51

Regarding classes: Someone was definitely paying attention, as that was originally the list of classes. However during a major overhaul of the skill system, we actually combined mage and battlemage into a single class. So yes, the classes are now warrior, ranger, thief, mage, priest, and necromancer.

Blindjay: Good question. You're not the first to ask about inventory management. An auto-equip option would be great in theory, but the problem is that there is no objective way to determine what piece of armor is "best." For example, which is "better"—a piece of armor that provides better defense but is much heavier? Or a much weaker piece of armor that provides a 15% bonus to your evade chance? What about a piece of armor with an equal armor rating against all damage types, versus one which has a 20% bonus against piercing damage but a 20% weakness to blunt damage? And so on.

But we have done one thing to help with inventory management, which is that when you look at an item either in your inventory/equip screen or in a shop or container, you can not only see that item's stats, but your currently equipped item's stats for comparison. So when you pick up a new piece of armor, as you're picking it up you can compare its stats to your currently equipped armor's stats to see if you want to switch it out.

And yes, you can definitely sell unwanted gear. It's really your main way of making money, along with rewards for completing quests and finding it in containers—but you probably make the most off of selling unwanted gear.

2017-05-28 23:49:03

I'm glad you're not going to have autoequip.  I actually don't know any mainstream games that have that feature.  It's kind of silly to me for the reasons you provided.

2017-05-29 00:06:43

Mainstream game Gameboy advance port of final fantasy 6/final fantasy 3 had optimize, which equipped the best equipment of your currently selected character.  But otherwise, no other games that I know of.  But that was a port of the original super nintendo game so it had a bunch of added features to make things a bit easier/fun.  Great to hear about the ability to look at newly picked up items compared to what is currently equipped, will be a huge help for all levels of player.

2017-05-29 00:13:47

Not sure if I or anyone has asked this before. Does each person have their own special attack? like how in final fantasy they each have their own overdrive?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-05-29 00:55:58

Regarding auto-equip: I guess it would work in a game with a simple enough armor mechanic, such as simply an armor rating with no other effects. It's when you get into pros vs. cons that it wouldn't work out well.

Regarding special attacks: Each party member has unique characteristics, some of which are available as soon as you get them, others which require completing certain quests. Not all of these are special skills or attacks, but some arr. There are also some skills that only your player character can learn, by virtue of completing certain quests. In addition, each class has certain skills that are only available to that class, so depending on which class you play as, there may be party members who are the only ones with those skills. I won't say any more about the character-specific stuff because I don't want to spoil the fun of finding out for yourself.

2017-05-29 02:12:29

Not using autoequip also lets you min max things.

2017-05-29 02:23:09

Not only that but the optimize option only tok physical defense into account and completely ignored special protections. So it would equip the armor with the best physical defense and not that one that had slightly weaker physical protection but protected against sleep, poison or paralysis.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-05-29 04:37:01

Joseph,
What? No Bards?
What if you wish to play Will the Minstrel,so good looking and talented that no won would attack him, as his music would calm the angriest of foes.

2017-05-29 04:50:27

Are you planning a subclass system, like Dungeons and Dragons does> For example, a subclass of fighter was Eldritch Knight. In this case, could paladin be a subclass of priest or Warrior?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-05-29 05:00:01

Phil: Actually one of our beta testers had some very good additional class recommendations, and one of them was bard. Unfortunately new classes would mean lots of additional time and effort for our sound designer, in particular so we decided to put it pretty low on the priority list.

Dragomier: No sub-class system per se. I like the idea, and it would work well in a game with more complex mechanics, but we kept things reasonably simple for this first outing.

2017-05-29 11:29:08

The more I read about this game, the more I'm looking forward to playing it, I like games where you have to work out the best combinations of equipment for your style of play

2017-05-29 11:38:55

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this game .  I remember you saying a while back that items can be randomised in different locations.  Are there also items with randomly  generated stats?
I'm  already seeing the incredible replay value in this, what with playing the same class  in different ways.

2017-05-29 12:21:59

Sure. I always get more excited the more I know new things about the game. Looking forward to play this game as soon as it comes out. Great work guys.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-05-29 14:36:41

I think I'm purposefully not going to hunt for sidequests in my first run through.  Definitely don't want to see everything first time round. smile

2017-05-29 14:50:08

While I love extremely complex games (to the level where it's almost not really newbi friendly), I think it's really smart of you guys to keep A Chef's Call simpler. Remember, before there was Diablo 2, there had to be Diablo 1. Before you can make a fully stacked sub sandwich, you must first be sure you can make a good loaf of bread.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!