2017-05-04 16:20:44

Hay Joseph, Glad to see the game's coming along nicely.
With regard to voice work, I can defanatly understand where you're coming from with regard to how much work it takes to edit lines and put them into the game and make sure they work right.
With regard to the music, I'm glad to see you've got a composer on board to do the music, but I'd like to know if you'll be posting a demo of Steven's music virsus the origianal music so we can see how Steven has made the music better.
I looked at his soundcloud page; as that's all I could find on him as he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page; and I'd like to hear how a tv show composer does game music.
With his involvement on the project, does this mean the soundtrack will be more than one disc, or was it pretty short to begin with?
Also, is it going to be an audio cd or an mp3 cd?
If audio, are you going to put a tracklist somewhere like your website or; and this is a pretty wild idea I don't see happening; as a braille insirt included with the game?
With regard to the way you're releasing the game, I think this is a good idea for us blind fokes that can't see the graphics, but I'm wondering how you blind fokes are going to make sure the graphics are all working right in the first place.
Can't wait to play the game; even if it doesn't come out in june...
Later!

2017-05-04 16:39:14 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-05-04 16:40:41)

Out of Sight Games consists of two blind and two sighted people. One of them is a sighted programmer that is doing the coding for the graphics, as far as I understand things. You can find more information by searching for Out of Sight Games on google and looking at various profiles that have been posted. However, I thought they had mentioned who the team was composed of somewhere in one of the threads about this company. As far as I know, the sighted programmer has not been named and has only been referenced.

2017-05-04 17:50:18

Threeblacknoises: Ok, lots to respond to in that post but here goes...
- Yes, we will be providing some samples of Steven's work on the soundtrack as things progress.
- Steven isn't exclusively a TV composer—in fact he's working on composing the soundtrack for another game at present, as well.
- None of this is in stone but the plan at present is for the CD to be available for purchase digitally through iTunes, etc. We will also include a physical disc copy in the collector's edition of the game for those who donated to our KSC at a high enough level.
- Regarding graphics, david_solomon1 is right. Ian and I are not the only people on the team. One of our team members is a sighted programmer whose primary task is the implementation of graphics.

2017-05-04 21:04:19

On the subject of soundtrack I do hope it will be available directly from the site for purchace or be able to be gotten with the game or on bandcamp or something because I really don't care about using google play, as on windows its total crap with its software and Itunes while I will use it for various things, I don't care if at all possible to bother with using it especially as I don't have any direct need to use it right now.
If you must I can use the ms music store but again I'd really prefur a direct copy of the music digitals as mp3 ogg or flac if you don't mind to be honest.

2017-05-04 22:51:12

You can actually download google play purchases as zip files from your web browser, but only twice. They will be mp3s once downloaded and it's accessible, and no software either. I need to remember exactly how to do this but I discovered it once.

2017-05-10 02:07:13

Hey guys,

While Steven hasn't begun work on the soundtrack yet—we're still working out details regarding all the licensing legalities, etc.—he did say it'd be fine if I shared his

2017-05-10 02:57:40

shared his what?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-05-10 03:21:10

Oh man, sorry guys—I don't know why only part of the post went through.

He said it'd be ok if I shared his "audition" for the gig. Basically this is a demo of the first half of the main theme for "A Hero's Call" which Steven took and re orchestrated to demonstrate what we can expect from him on the score. Bear in mind that this is just a demo, and not as polished as the finished product would be. But if this is what a demo sounds like, I think we can all get excited about the final product. Enjoy! https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/a … n-theme-v2

2017-05-10 07:37:23

Hi.
Normally I don't care much about soundtracks, but this is fantastic! big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-10 09:15:20

@508
Well, if the final version sounds like that but just polished up and extended, I'm certainly looking forward oto seeing how the rest of the soundtrack shapes up.  Could we pssibly hear the original version of the theme to compare?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-05-10 17:51:40

Hmmm, if that's a demo I can't wait to hear the final product.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-05-10 19:36:28

that's a demo? wow! epic!

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-05-10 20:08:30

Oh man, I love it! May be a demo, but if he brings up that percussion and drum section a bit more, it'll be even more epic! So looking forward to hearing the final product.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-10 20:19:32

That is some sick music <3 Love it!
As others have said, this will be well worth the wait! You Guys are doing an amazing job.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2017-05-10 20:31:18

Man those chord progressions are fantastic. Good stuff, looking forward to this game.

2017-05-10 20:47:44

I had a suspicion you guys would enjoy this. Glad I wasn't wrong!

Arq, I'll take that as a personal compliment, since the overall structure of the song is my work—melody, chord structure, basic compositional structure, etc. But Steven brings the expertise that I don't have for getting all the background stuff, filling out all the parts, doing fun counterpoint stuff, etc., plus he has the skills to do all the automation and so on to make it sound as realistic as possible. I am so excited to hear the whole soundtrack come together—I'm biased, but I think it's going to be something I'd enjoy listening to in the car or around the house, even when not playing the game. Can't wait to be able to share more!

2017-05-10 22:29:14

Well , good job sir for some great composing skills then! I have a feeling this is the RPG we have all been waiting for!

2017-05-25 16:08:03

Hey all,

For those of you who follow us on Twitter, I wanted to follow up on our last tweet with more detail than I can give in 140 characters. We've been getting a lot of questions about release date because, despite our repeated protests that June was an estimate (and was an estimate for release before there were plans to have the score re-orchestrated, among other things), people see

2017-05-25 16:44:53

Think your last post broke.

2017-05-25 16:57:50

Sigh. You're correct. Remind me to always copy the text of a long post before submitting...

Anyway, basically I wanted to respond to the questions we continue to receive about "It's almost June—when's the game coming out?" and say that I'm not being evasive; the reason I'm not giving any answers is because I'm unwilling to make any promises until it is completely within our power to keep those promises. Basically, there are variables involved that are outside of our control as a team. For example, I can't promise we can release by X until Steven is under a contractual obligation to have the score done by X, which requires him spending some time with the score and letting me know whether or not X is a reasonable timeframe; or if there are certain things we can't do until paperwork is approved and signed, then we can't promise how soon we'll have them done until the paperwork is done, since that is outside of our hands where outside parties are involved.

So in short, we are doing everything we can to nail down all of the variables. Once there are no more variables and it's all in our hands, we will be prepared to make a commitment to a release schedule. Until then, I'm not prepared to give any, "We hope to release X," or "If all goes according to plan, we will release Y," because I don't want anyone taking that as a promise, and then disappointing people if we fail to make that happen.

I can tell you that we are the closest to announcing a release date that we've ever been, which is very exciting because it means most of the variables are nailed down and the finish line is clearly in sight. Basically we've arrived at a point as a team that we can say with confidence, "Once X is lined up, we know we can release within Y days." So once X is lined up, we will announce our release plans. Until then, I will not make promises, or risk giving the impression we're making promises, that aren't in our power to keep. But the very moment that we can confidently project a release date, we will announce it very publicly. Until then...we know it's almost June, and we know you're all impatient, but asking about release is not going to accomplish anything. We're going to announce as soon as we can—no amount of asking will make us announce sooner than that, nor will it make that moment come any sooner, as the only thing holding us back at present is waiting on outside parties.

Hopefully that all makes sense. As always, I'm happy to answer questions that I have answers to. Just not willing to give half-answers or potentially misleading answers. But we are close, guys. We are really close. Four years of work, and we can see the finish line. It's very exciting.

2017-05-25 17:15:08

Joseph, that's pretty nice and exciting. You're guys are doing a really, really great work that we really appreciate. Thanks for the good news, and continue your awesomeness guys.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-05-25 17:18:19

Thanks for the updates. Out of all the classes we can play as, is the Priest the hardest? since he has know weapons.

2017-05-25 17:31:06

Well done, Joseph! A very well stated and eloquent answer... and I'm excited for when that release date finally gets announced. But in the meantime, I have something to look forward to. It's impossible to please everyone, and I think your team has taken that notion in stride... thank you for your patience with dealing with all of our questions and the like as well, as well as your transparency about the challenges and other variables that come up.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-25 18:13:40

Flame_elchemist: Actually priests can use weapons just like anyone else—just the number of offensive skills available to them are significantly limited compared to other classes. But I wouldn't say that they are harder to play as—it all depends on your play style, and how you build the character. Our intent is for no class to be more or less powerful than the others, just suited to different play styles. So a warrior is going to be better than a thief if you build both for hitting hard and tanking damage, but a thief is going to be better than a warrior if you build him for dodging attacks and messing with enemies, and so on. Priests aren't going to be built for dealing massive damage to a variety of foes (though there are certain foes who a priest's holy magic will be your best weapon against) but they're unparalleled as support units to beef up the rest of your party.

2017-05-25 18:59:52

hi,
I realy apreciate the good work you guys do on the game, and i can understand that you can not anounce a real release date now.
Keep on the good work!
Keskorian