2017-01-20 18:34:45

So close to $7500!

2017-01-20 23:52:10

Sounds like an awesome project! I support this 100%.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2017-01-21 15:54:01

Thank you so much to those who continue to support the campaign. Wouldn't it be incredible if we could crack $10k by the end?

Grryf, sorry about the exchange rate - are you in the UK? I heard recently the pound is pretty weak right now :-(

Regarding questions about what we'll do with the extra funds, this was mentioned in the last campaign update. Basically we're exploring several different areas that we'd like to see the additional budget used - some related to graphics, some to sound or music, and some other things as well - but we aren't posting any specific stretch goals until we can really nail down the details and be sure that we know which direction to go, in which order. Basically we recognize that a lot of people have been burned in the past by game developers making uninformed promises, and then those promises not being kept - so we don't want to make any promises to our backers unless we're 100% sure that we will be able to follow through.

So in other words - we'll definitely be able to spend whatever money we make. We just may have to wait until we see what our total budget is to know what the best way to split up the funds will be. But we are still trying to nail down a couple of high-priority items that we could roll out as fixed stretch goals, and of course I'll keep you all updated if we do.

2017-01-21 17:54:42

I think there's enough funding now that you can add that 2d6+4 longsword of holy might, yes? Heck, maybe 3d6+5!

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-01-21 18:59:40 (edited by grryfindore 2017-01-21 19:00:35)

Ahoy there.
@josif,
no, I wish,though. big_smile I live in India, which has a exchange rate to $'s that simply sucks, and has gone towards the deep end recently.
But eh.

As for making promises and then disappointing people because you are not able to meet them, is one I have seen and then I do understand where you guys are coming from,too.
But It'd be nice to know some details even if vague, or not concrete/definite  not set,as it were. with a disclaimer for dummys. big_smile wink
I.E now that you have passed all your set goals by $2000 what kind of possibilities do you foresee? addon quests? more like additional sidequests, story or so on.

I actually suggested this on the  kickstarter page. that if if you guys haven't added or considered this already.
Something like a freeplay mode where in after you are done with all the story and sidequests that are there to be done, you could simply explore around, battle different enemies, gain levels or their equivalent and something along those lines.
Although I do suppose it could be rather too much work or inpractical but worth a look, I suppose. big_smile

Edit: my 2000th post on the forums!
Grryf;

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-21 22:05:04

Grryf: You already have complete freedom to continue playing and exploring and doing side quests as long as you like, even after the main story is finished. As for adding additional quests, that was part of the initial stretch goal for expansion to the dialogue base of the game, though we're keeping the window open to continuing to expand, depending on how things unfold.

Kai: Nah, those things are way too expensive. You don't even know...

2017-01-21 22:37:14

hi joseph
maybe even to show the tiniest quest?
i mean audio demo

2017-01-21 22:43:30

toto, there is already a demo of one of the quests... go to the out of sight games website and look under audio demos.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-21 22:58:37

yes.
but maybe 1 mor smile

2017-01-21 22:59:32

I think one is good. Any more and people will start asking for more... which will ruin the point of waiting for the game.

2017-01-21 23:21:43

Well maybe you're right. but very curious so I want to again and again

2017-01-22 00:01:48

We'll take it as a compliment that, having heard one side quest, people want to hear more. I agree with assault, though - the entire point of games like this is to experience the unfolding story as you walk through it. If we give you too much up front, we are robbing you of that experience for yourselves. Also remember that all of the voice actors donated their work for that demo, which was incredibly generous of them. I'm certainly not prepared to ask for more voice work to be done until the KSC is over and there is money in the bank, so that we can actually pay the artists for their work. On that note - I am insanely excited for a couple of weeks from now, when we can start having people actually record dialogue. It's going to be an enormous step in bringing the game to life.

2017-01-22 00:30:15

when its over how do we get our prizes? are you gonna email us for our address?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-01-22 01:00:40

I'm not entirely sure how that process works, as this is the first KSC we've done, but I know that Kickstarter streamlines that whole process and provides backers with tools to easily gather information for all the rewards.

2017-01-22 03:34:13

Joseph,
I have a few questions about one of the audio demos.
Entering the tavern the hero goes into a room and finds a knife.
How do you know that the knife is there without searching all the rooms in all of the buildings?
Does your character have to eat, drink and sleep?

2017-01-22 03:36:07

@toto: in theatre, we have a thing that says, leave the audience wanting more. So this is why sometimes you'll get something to give an idea of what the project is, but not too much stuff.

2017-01-22 09:16:35

hi all
I m support 20 dollar
I will donate it to another $ 25 will get full assembly is not it?

2017-01-22 10:28:52

Phil, the knife was found so fast because whoever playing that demo, don't remember at the moment, knew exactly where to go... players playing for the first time would likely have to search the tavern room by room. I'm actually hoping Joseph and the team will relocate that item, and most other things demonstrated that are in  fixed places to discover... so when we get to those points we'll have to try looking again.
As for eating and sleeping, if Joseph is going on the model of most mainstream rpgs, they will be options, but not strictly necessary to advance the plot, as in sleeping may allow for healing and the like. But I could be wrong there... these are just guesses.

2017-01-22 13:03:27

anyways, are there any vehicles in the game where you can go to various places much faster? like in the witcher 3, you can ride a horse to go to various locations in the game.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-01-22 22:02:33

Hey Phil:

I actually didn't know there was a knife there - I just walked into the room and saw that there were shelves - since they weren't labeled as empty, I knew there was something on them. Turns out it was a knife. Items like that are randomly generated, so you never knoow where they'll show up - you may go into the tavern another time and find a potion on that same shelf, or find nothing on it, and so on.

You don't have to eat and sleep, as frankly I've only ever found that to be incredibly tedious in games. However assault_freak is right that they are optional, and provide different benefits.

2017-01-23 03:03:58

Fast travel is already in the game, listen to the demo on the ks page.

2017-01-23 05:49:20

Joseph,
Some games have a magical spell to tell you if some object or magical object is near, and tell you their direction.
Some other games allow you to use a summoning objects spell.
Both of these speed up the task of searching every room or shelf.

2017-01-23 08:24:07

One of the big factors in an RPG is the exploration. Any sort of spell to summon things near you whether you can see them or not takes a little away from finding items and exploring each shelf of each room. Just my opinion though. smile And as a character who supposedly can see, I don't think the main hero would need a spell to tell you what objects are where. smile Though some mainstream rpgs do have spells that hint at object locations without specifically telling you.

2017-01-23 09:00:12

I agree with Assault Freak. Although some mainstream games do have a hint at certain object's location spell, and it used to be especially popular in older interactive fiction adventures, I'm strongly against it for a huge RPG like this where exploration is a crucial part of the balance and challenge.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2017-01-23 09:25:42 (edited by Xvordan 2017-01-23 12:04:35)

In all honesty, I hate handholding in games, be they mainstream, audio games, muds, or otherwise. If I suck at a title, I want it to be because I just don't have the skills to play that game. Conversely, if I'm awesome at a game, I want it to be because I have the skills that made me awesome, not because internal features helped me along.

I think too many audio games have handholding in mind, and even a lot of the muds I play insist on handholding. I can't tell you how many muds annoy me because players want to jump immediately to your location and start handing you junk and bombarding you with concepts that you're not ready for, or powerleveling you, and thus robbing you of the opportunities to deal with game concepts as a newbie. What's worse is that plenty of people are perfectly fine being handheld, powerleveled, and otherwise catered to so that they can advance faster. Still others can't understand why you don't want these things, or why you wouldn't want to be powerleveled.

A well designed game is an exquisite meal. You should sit down at the table, lay out your napkin and silverware in their proper place and orientation, and consume the meal at a leisurely pace, allowing each dish to arrive in its due time and at the appropriate course. Allow yourself to appreciate all the flavours, rather than rushing through the meal, completely destroying the allure of the myriad flavours and textures.

Back to the topic at hand: Spells, skills, and other in-game features which aid *too* much in discovery take a bit away from the experience. Do you know how many mainstream video games purposely hide items, just to force players to do completely crazy things to get them? There's no "Hey, I'm over here" sign for most items, apart from story-line essentials. I want that level of mystery and intrigue in as many games as possible. I want to complete a run through AHC, only to realize through conversations with other players that... really? There was an oilskin loincloth of protection hidden behind the striped rock on the far upper left ledge of stage 4? I swear I looked all over!

It's ok to make players explore, and it's ok to let players fail. As long as the game doesn't do it in a completely ridiculous and insulting manner, it adds to the replay value of a game if there are items that don't jump out at you shouting "Here I am! Come find me!"

All that being said, if AHC is made with handholding features, I won't protest them, but maybe I'll be alone in wishing that I weren't helped so much. It's the reason I lost interest in A Blind Legend. You can't go in the wrong direction in that game. You can't blunder, you can't discover. You go the way the story insists, and if you blunder, the game stops you from ever even getting lost, never mind accidentally discovering easter eggs and secrets by deliberately straying from the preset course.

I'm really looking forward to AHC, and being that Joeseph and Ian are both from the mainstream sphere, I'm really holding they won't make handholding a priority, and I am hoping that they'll find ways to make me kick myself and say things like "Damn! I didn't know you could do that?" or "What? There was something there? I spent several minutes looking around there!"

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!