2017-01-03 10:44:35

sound pack for mud are great,i think.but another says can't talk sound pack in the game,and host can band.i mean,how about this pack?i can not get this pack and about support.
sorry for my English.

2017-01-03 11:26:05

You won't get banned for asking about it, as I said, they don't mind sound packs, but they want an official one for the game.  You can use this pack.   I and a few others are working on updating it, and getting it approved, but for now this will work. It's for VIP, I don't have a mushclient pack unfortunately.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4207910/Vipmud.zip

2017-01-03 12:03:37

just ask,what it last update,and,i want to translate this pack,like key

2017-01-05 15:27:00

I was going to create a topic about this myself.. Its good to see that this soundpack has been updated, as the game's really good and its always
wonderfull to have more sounds. What upgrades have been made, so far?

2017-01-05 17:43:13

Mainly removing the illegal things which the gm's do not want in an official pack, and adding sounds for things not here.  Mainly higher level things that most cadets and mid-players don't have to worry about, as well as some extra things to give it some more variety in sounds.

2017-01-06 12:58:17

How do i load these in vipmud 2.0?
thanks for any help

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-01-06 20:43:52

The same way you load any other sound pack in vipmud.  Nothing's changed.

2017-01-07 23:49:34

I found that  i have to load all the scripts manually, or write the load commands in the star conquest set file that  vipmud created for me for all the script files.

2017-01-08 08:21:44

Alright I appoligize, starconquest.set was right there, I kinda missed it.

I have another question though. Is the new tracking system done in place so that the sound pack could be accepted by the admins? I noticed that there are full text lines  when the tracking system  works, It no longer is gagged and editted so we could see a direction only.

2017-01-08 10:23:20

someone should help me for the profile... rofl
my english isn't that good, they may not accept mine...
anyways how is the starship combat system works?
I already got fuck up on miriani's starship combat lol
how do you guys could type the coords that fast? , or you guys have  a trick? , please share?, big_smile

2017-01-08 13:14:13

jason,just aim 1,aim -7

2017-01-08 14:08:53

wow is that miriani?

2017-01-09 10:29:16

Hi

@jason,

No, this is the method from star conquest. The coordinates method of fighting in space is also available, but most other pilots prefer the vector navigation method.

So when aiming, and your enemy is to the north, you type aim 8, for east, aim 6, for northwest aim 7 and for west and down you type aim -4, and for just down aim -5, for up aim +5 etc.

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2017-01-09 10:45:25

wow thanks for the explanation!
now the profile sad

2017-01-09 18:17:33

I choose to use wasd for the vector aiming system so I'm not reaching over to the numbers.

2017-01-11 20:59:52

I'm really happy that the soundpack's being worked on again. What did the rosts considered to be ilegal?

2017-01-12 11:48:29

So a question.

I'm actually thinking of trying star conquest again, slightly against my better judgement.
I'm not too worried about the profile, since I do tend to be okay writing wise, but if someone could describe to me if I used this soundpack how I would do in terms of combat against a rat I'd appreciate knowing, also if there is anything helpful in terms of ground combat, given that I also managed to get my battle suit destroyed when I played (which admitedly was my own fault for not using a repair drone when I should've done).

I did enjoy the writing in the game, and the actities looked really interesting, especially since they seemed to require more than just repeating responses, but some more information would be helpful if I give this another serious try, since last time when I had two ships and a suit destroyed and ended up literally stuck and penniless was just plane depressing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-12 13:53:06 (edited by blindndangerous 2017-01-12 13:55:55)

I don't know everything, but the main thing that I know was their was a variable called RT which when typed would repeat the vector or an enemy ship to the player, and they didn't want that.
Dark, to your questions.  I know you gave the game a lot of flac before, so good luck again.  For tracking a rat, move to it, type track, and if you're using vector mode, aim using the qweasdzxc keys and once you're locked on, fire.  The rats won't lock on to you, they just hit, that's just the way that rats work.  As for ground work, it depends on what kind of suit you want to use.  If I'm soloing, I use my aeu suit because I can repair myself without using repair drones.  Other than that, it's kind of a race to shoot the enemy before they shoot you, that's how soloing works.   It's tedious, but that's how soloing works.  When you're with people, it makes it easier, because you'll fall into your assigned roles such as aeu repairing the league/fringe suits, league tanking, fringe punching through things and so on.  If you do make another character, I'll be glad to help any of you out, just find a way to make in character and we can get something started.  They've also increased the newbie point caps, so if you feel you're having trouble, do something else for a while, and come back.  For example, if ground missions are giving you trouble, go try tesla as tesla will give you a bit of ground, or, remember that their are always your svp missions which you want to do all the time as they'll give you a huge boost to all of your points.  I left the solo ground missions until I was familiar with ground work from svp before attempting them, but it's all up to how you want to play.  Also keep in mind that as a cadet, the other players really can't give you a ton of money, as the gm's don't want you just having hundreds of millions of credits right off the bat.  It's slightly annoying, but plenty of cadets have past the cadet stage just fine with these rules in place.  Just takes a bit of time.  As far as I know, all the cadet caps are now at 100 points for every category.

2017-01-12 17:35:55

Ahoy there.
@Dark,
Its been a few years since I last tried starconquest, but from what I remember, you should have a far easier time with a pack than without, although remember unlike in other muds, you have got to be slightly faster than usual.
The Rats should be eazy to kill though, since all they need are 1 or 2 hits. so wait at whatever coordinates you like, I'd suggest using the direction based locking method (aim 8 is north,aim 6 etc) that is If I am remembering all this correctly, turn your lights to yellow and wait for the bugger to come cloce to 1 unit away from you. track at that point, and aim and fire away.
now to grab the pack and hope the thing works on 2.2.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-16 07:24:56

Ahoy there.

Downloaded the pack, and fortunatly it works on vip mud 2.2 just as well as 1.1 however, the pack as it is now needs quite a lot of work and fixing before it can actually be called good enough.
not saying it doesn't work, it does, but needs a lot of fixes.

I have also started playing SC again, so if there are any tips or the like or information I could use, please do throw them my way.

Slightly OT,but but... I have always had this gripe with this mud, that it makes things unnecessarily difficult when they don't need to be. example books. Books for everything! from shops locations to guides to anything, everything uses hardcopy of books! I mean how much sence does it make that people hardly use hardcovers or paperbacks  of books right now, that they'd be doing so that too for information 300 years later in the future?
I mean. ehh. what happened to the computers.

grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-01-16 07:49:01

Just a couple things. First, when aiming, you can use the slash key as another way to aim. for example, if you wanted to aim west you could type /a. To aim west and down you would type /fa or /af. Second, listen to advice from your alliance members, everyone is generally very helpful to cadets, or anyone who has questions. Finally, the reason we use hardcopy books in SC is because computers haven't progressed much beyond the 1970's in the SC world. If you watch the holovid you will sometimes see a commercial for a personal computer. It takes up about half a room. Now obviously there have been some advancements, but not to the same degree we have now. Plus, our infrastructure has been set back by the outsider bombardment, and we lost a lot of technology because of that.

thanks,
Michael

2017-01-16 17:55:55

@Blindndangerous, I am not really sure how the hole vectored aiming thing seemed to work, actually the numberpad makes more sense to me. The rpoblem I had was that by the time I'd heard the computer track the rat, the thing had moved, hence my comment on spammy combat, since really would it be so hard to have just the direction announced? I especially didn't like the fact that the admins basically ignored me, even when I made a formal request as admin of audiogames.net, about a low spam combat mode similar to that other muds have to make matters more screen reader friendly.
Also, i lost two ships to this combat on newbie rat killing missions, and that combined with the loss of my suit basically screwed my character out of doing pretty much anything in the game, I couldn't even get a lone, which is a little harsh to say the least.

I'm more a solo activities guy which is why the "go and beg your allience" didn't really suit me. I'm not against grouping or rp, but really I don't play games to interact with other people, I play to explore and have fun and see what's out there. In some games (especially core exiles), that has changed, but only naturally over time, rather than right from the off me feeling like I'm completely useless and having to beg for assistance, (talk about making newbies feel good).

I'm probably being unnecessarily harsh, but it's just that Sc raised my expectations with the history and activities, npc quests and so on, and then I was literally destroyed after five solid hours of playing.

I'll keep a watch on this topic to see how things go and whether the pack does sort combat, though I'm actually having more fun with cosmic rage at the moment buggy though it is in places.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-17 01:11:47

Dark, you may as well just stay away from sc, as you're going to need grouping to do quite a few activities.  If soloing is your thing, you will find a few things that you can do solo, but a lot of it is group based.

2017-01-17 06:56:55

Ahoy there.

drums61999, I guess that makes some sence,however... you have computers that launch and land the ships, you have phones that basicly connect to wormholes, you have enough tech to build and run ftl wormholes, beacons what you will, hell a simple example of computers could be the roid mining activity which is really good but doesn't pay squat compared to the effort involved.

So really, how hard would it be to have a information unit that prints out text on the screen?
but eh I'll take it as this games gimic and move on.

I don't get the /a or /fa concept either, at least numbers would be eazier for me or be it rather slow since I don't have a numpad.

When you say RP inforced, this moo literally means that, it FORCES you to rp, whether you would or no.
I.E I am more of a solo person myself, I don't really mind groups as such but prefer to do what I can alone.
This can be done in RP terms too,but they simply want you to interact hence the activities as they are. I am trying it for more of a solo experience myself, lets see how that goes.

@dark, the pack helps some, but like I said, it needs work. you might want to try out a few aliases to turn on combat gagging, the pack has that alias built in,although a key or such would be better for users, and there are things that can be gagged.
While the player base of SC is really good, the same can't be said for the staff and the admins,imo.

as for tracking, the tracking as hosts want it, simply won't work for visually impared users no matter what they might like to say,so if you just need directions announced, let me know.
you might also want to stop the speatch of your screen reader and then arrow up in the output window to see where you are suppose to aim at.

grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-01-17 07:03:07 (edited by drums61999 2017-01-17 07:08:28)

Asteroid mining is actually one of the best ways to make credits in the game per time allotted. I can make about 400000000 credits in about three and a half hours. The only thing that can give a bigger payout is atmospheric scooping, but that takes longer.

The aiming thing works better for me with the letters because then I don't need to type aim, and I don't need to have one hand on the numpad, or quite frankly, remember which number I need to hit on the number row. Just think of the letters as a left handed number pad where a is west, w is north, d is east, and x is south. Q, E, C, and Z are the diagonals, and f is down while r is up. If you're more comfortable with numbers, you can type slash 8 or slash plus 8 for north or up and north etc.

I agree in some ways the hosts don't give the best impressions. I just try to tell myself they're human too, and move on.

Regarding computers again, I think of them as similar to what you would see in the original Star Trek. They're built for one task, and one task only. Incidently, there are personal filing computers which hold text files. Look in your hardcopy shopping guide to find them!

thanks,
Michael