2017-02-27 21:09:08

you could always zip them up and upload them through dropbox.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-02-27 22:10:19

okay, so here are my modded audio and aircraft folders to download. For those who don't know, just unzip them and replace them into your eurofly folder.
Links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gg5ufteimslu … o.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dp50h0v75tkj … s.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!

2017-02-28 22:53:37

hello,
first, sory everyone for my bad english.
@djkw25. Your sounds are great. I think, i wil use your sounds as primary.

i' have some modded sounds for eurofly and two planes with own engine sounds.
So, i made sounds for refueling and sound for landing gear. I think
new sound for refueling is now a little more realistic. Reminds more like device at the gas station, beep sound on the end is just to mark the end of refueling if the ambient sound of the game enhanced to 100 percent. So you can hear the ending of refuel.
Gear up, and gear down sounds are also more realistic, sound hydraulic raising and lowering the landing gear
I am not pro in sounds editing. I have a lot of free time, and i tried to make something for fun.
Aircrafts does not replace anything, just put files in aircrafts folder and aircrafts wil be show in the game. Sounds for refueling and landing gear replace original sounds, just replace it, but if it possible, make backup with original sounds to prevent game crash or something.
Link for download is:
https://yadi.sk/d/Lb4-Rr-O3Ep6hD

regards, Alen

I play simulations such as Eurotruck and american truck simulator. If you hear the trucks coming, run as fast as possible. Maybe I'm behind the wheel :D

2017-03-01 01:47:25

@blindgamer the link is sorta fucky and clicking the download button won't start any download, could you please upload this to dropbox?

@DjkW25 going to check it out now, I checked out some of the Aircraft sounds and some were kinda junk while as others were good. Only now do I realize maybe I should've backed up shit lol.
Would you perhaps be willing to do a full eurofly mod colab?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-03-01 12:06:25

@LordLundin

ok, here is dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20l04fgp9zqjo … y.rar?dl=0

I play simulations such as Eurotruck and american truck simulator. If you hear the trucks coming, run as fast as possible. Maybe I'm behind the wheel :D

2017-03-01 19:01:11

Hi,
@blindgamer995 cool, i'll take a look at your sounds.
@LordLundin I agree some of my engine sounds could be better, I just used what I could find, i'm always open to improvements to sounds and things like that to make the game more realistic.

2017-03-01 20:06:29

For the sounds, I'd look at videos of the engines in question and go from there, or the planes in question and go from that as a starting point.

That being said, one request here.

The C-5 needs, IMHO, to absolutely scream like a banshee. It does that in real life if it's an older C-5, they quieted down the newer ones but the screaming, banshee wail of an older C-5 Galaxy is part of the lore of the aircraft so that needs to be in the sound pack.

Could you possibly go through the audio.zip and replace all the sounds? For some reason, and I dunno if it's a known issue I still get the default ATC every so often, are there ways to fix it that I'm missing? The improved sounds make the sim a hell of a lot more enjoyable to me, though I wouldn't mind hearing better sounds honestly,

@the guy with the refuelling sound:

FWIW it's usually hard to tell what refeulling a plane sounds like, but it's been described as a humming sound or like a larger scale pump going, as they pump the fuel through at a certain pressure (which escapes me now) and flow rate which changes the sound it makes.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-03-01 20:46:00

@DracoSelene89
Unfortunately, I have not found a suitable sound for a tanker truck at the airport. This sound is only a substitute for the effect of the game.
eventualy can possibly find a sound truck with a hydraulic pump, but it may not be identical to the real sound.

@djkw25
guy who sent the sounds of the planes. I tested a few sounds. It seems that the game amplify all sounds. There is a crackling sound in some planes.
I had the same problem when creating the sound of the plane Tu 154. The sound I recorded quietly game for some reason amplified.
I amplified the sound in the editor and then everything was normal.
this is my opinion, but the sounds are good and new aircraft also

Alen

2017-03-01 20:53:38 (edited by DjkW25 2017-03-01 20:54:53)

@DracoSelene ok, I will look at trying to make the c5 as you described. I didn't want to make it too loud, as @blindgamer said that can make it crackle. Not sure what you mean about the atc voices, you just get the towers you have installed, but I will certainly try and replace some more sounds in the audio folder.
To @blindgamer, yep I had the same problems, but with me I was using audacity and every time I exported my sound it would make it quieter, so I was forever amplifying the sounds, which unfortunately made some crackle. Sorry about that, I am trying to change the ones that do it.
For the sounds, I tried to get them off youtube, usually from inside the plane as that's how it would sound to the pilot, but this made them a little quieter than I had intended.

2017-03-01 21:57:49

Does anyone have any recommendation as to where to find good engine sounds for the planes, I look on youtube but don't usually find what I want

2017-03-02 00:49:06

For the engines, put in the model name of the engine, you'l have to find out which engine a plane uses but it's most often listed and, for the C-5 I believe you want the older one that screams, look up C-5 galaxy takeoff and that's the engine I'm referring to.

Warning: Turn down your volume before clicking on any C-5 video. Those things are stupidly, amazingly loud and terrifying.

If you can get away with it, I'd honestly say 'borrow' sounds from FSX freeware planes, so a FSX MD-83 sound for the one in Eurofly and so forth.

Also on Linux natively

2017-03-02 00:54:07

On the point of crackling engines. If you listen hard enough, especially to older engines (DC-10 and L-1011 Tristar era) they do actually crackle at high RPM, one of the modifications for later DC-10 and Tristar variants was a muffler to reduce the crackling. In fact, with the Hawker Siddley Trident aircraft, everybody who flew it reported the same crackling at a certain throttle position....which was unfortunately near about 70-80% throttle. Much like the Tristar, the Trident was fitted with a muffler kit in later years due to the UK's noise rules.

So, the crackling can actually be realistic, depending on what plane or engine model you're on about, it's only really in the later years that engines are silky smooth and even then not always, if you pay close attention to starting up a jet engine in real life, or a Youtube video, it hisses, it crackles, it sputters and isn't perfect at idle. It's only when you get up in the power range it smooths out really. If something like that could maybe be worked out for the sounds I think it'd help a lot.

Also on Linux natively

2017-03-02 01:23:14

ok thanks, i'll try looking for engine sounds, I think i'v been trying to do it so it's sounds like your actually inside the plane but that doesn't always work because there isn't sounds for that or every plane, the quieter planes are the most difficult to find and to turn into something that is just right. I think the crackles, especially on older or bigger planes, as you said, make it seem more realistic, and on others like Mcdonnell Douglas you can almost feel the plane vibrating.

2017-03-02 02:13:45

For some aircraft that have multiple engine choices you'll have to figure out which you want for a plane, the 757 comes to mind with two or three engine manufacturers that sound different.

IIRC you can google the plane name and engine and find out what type of engine it has.

Also on Linux natively

2017-03-03 00:04:33

I like some of your Aircraft sounds while others are crappy. For starters, your Caravan sound is awefully fucking broken. It has  an eloquence sound in it lol.
I will Review  your sounds and put them up tomorrow.

Could you also refrain and only post the sounds you modified?

what  happened to this game? Where are the updates with new features for realism? sad

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-03-03 01:12:26

Hi, so I agree some of the sounds were crappy, so I have edited those that I think need editing. I changed the boeing 757 767 and 707, most of the Airbus's and all the MCDonnell douglas planes, as well as making the C5 galaxy more realistic, and the Cessna caravan (that one was done by a friend and I didn't check it, hence the random eloquence voice, but I have now changed sounds on that one anyway). The ones I have changed overall throughout the modding process can be found in the link below. I have no time left to check how all of them sound in use in eurofly, so if anyone wants to change them then feel free.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/61cz6sqq0zxu3 … s.zip?dl=0

I do agree also that we havn't seen many updates for a while to improve the game, a shame too because I think it has some potencial if worked upon. Maybe it's coming at some point, who knows.

2017-03-03 05:52:15

LordLundin wrote:

what  happened to this game? Where are the updates with new features for realism? sad

I thought they had a facebook page with info and stuff?

Don't tell me the dev has somehow gone back to school or something or has got stuck on a really, really tricky bit of coding?

Also on Linux natively

2017-03-03 07:42:47

Hi all.
to djkfw25, the mod for eurofly was nice, but I really do want to hear engine noise.
Its true the pilot can't hear noise of engines but I'd like to know what my engines are doing.
So I have now began the task of redownloading and reinstalling eurofly modules that are officially up on the site.
I did try your mod for a little and I agree the sounds need work but to be honest you need to modify the files that need modyfying and only upload those.
As for the rest, when you are ready I'd like to hear your mod again.
This game is moddable in fact most of it is able to be modified but still these mods need to be good, its true you hear the rumble, but even inside the cabin you hear the plane ramp up and take off.
I am unsure what the pilots hear, maybe a little more cockpit noise but for the rest who knows.
your tkas sounds were really good.
Now if only we could be allowed to modify what things say, ie weather, I was thinking of eloquence or computer voice or something electronic with a little static and crackle behind it speak it I am not sure how realistic it is but controlers don't always speak weather info so it must be synthetically generated.

2017-03-03 09:51:43

I did update some of the sounds yesterday, the folder with all modded sounds is at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/61cz6sqq0zxu3 … s.zip?dl=0

some of them need work but you can choose to download which ones you want and I will try and edit them when I have some time. If someone wants to do that and put them up then that's great. Some of them may just need to be made louder and 1 or 2 replaced depending on your preference

2017-03-03 10:14:44

hi. how to get those soundpacks working? is it paste those wav files in the aircrafts folder?

2017-03-04 00:29:03

to the last poster, yep that's how you get the sounds in.
So my aircrafts folder messed up, it no longer has the defaults and no matter how much I reinstall I can't get them back, could someone send me their aircrafts folder with all the defaults.

2017-03-04 03:10:23

actually could  you upload the defaults to here cause I'm not  happy with all of the Aircraft sounds, although most were Amazing.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-03-04 03:20:20

Yeah actually if someone could put them on here that would be better, dam I should have backed them up before I started messing around with aircraft sounds, think it was defenitly worth it though.

2017-03-04 13:13:15

btw your links seem to be down.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-03-04 13:50:28

sorry about that, was clearing my files and deleted aircrafts by mistake.
here's a new link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj3ob3o7pcn7v … s.zip?dl=0