How do I suggest changes in the map. Strangely my town isn't there but a number of the little villages around it are.
Also there a number of English airports missing.
@Rich68 you can't actually change the map, and yes it's holy inaccurate but hopefully the map system used will be changed.
You can, however, suggest a new Airport. I've got a text tutorial somewhere in my posts showing how to do it.
Hold on, I'll go get it.
here's the guide.
Here's a Quick guide how to find and determine the long and lat of Airports then submit them to the dev.
1: decide which Airport you want to search for. Airports have a unique set of letters and sometimes numbers which identifies the Airport. If I want Airports in Canada, I search on google for them. I then find an extensive list and then...
edit: actually searching for Canada on sky vector will ... yupp you guessed it ... bring up a list of Airports in Canada. This applies to other countries as well of course. Be aware though, that,
1.1: the list is huge and may look unorganised.
1.2: be sure to check if the Airport is open to the public, which is also listed on sky vector.
1.3: if there are any uncertainties about what city / cities an Airport serves, google is yet again your friend.
Be aware that ... a Place, like WP85 said earlier, Las Vegas, probably has quite a few Airports, several minor and one or two big ones, as well as a whole bunch of hospital helipads.
There's nothing wrong with submitting multiple Airports for one city (see, Finland Helsinki as an example)
2: I use this nice resource:
and enter my search term, either the unique identifier if I have it or just the name of a city and general region.
3: if I searched for something generic like Toronto I have to pick from a list, however if I specified a unique identifier I should be directly at the right page.
4: about one page down and some down arrowing from the top should be the coordinates. I copy those.
5: I go to, or I usually have this one open when searching for Airports. Well in fact it's the last step I do, I usually get a whole bunch of Airports and their coordinates, then I convert it to long and lat using
6: I go to manual Walking through the map and confirm the location of the Airport, then hit shift 1 through 3 depending on the size of the Airport.
Note: most Airports do have information about them which allows you to determine the general size. I use google for this, than look at the runway info and make an educated guess after that.
Runway information is available on sky vector. I just Count the runways and use common sense.
7: send the email using your email program's send shortcut and you're all done! Now let's repeat for the next Airport! big_smile
also note, that the developer prefers if you send Airports to him via the in-game method.
Yeah you're right about other tasks pilot should do. But also let's keep the user-friendly conditions because if there're many tasks you'd have to do many users would be discouraged considering the game too hard and complicated u know. Not talking about the fact there're lack of remaining shortcut keys there. LOL To tell the truth I'd also welcome more tasks to do as a pilot but there's this requirement there to a certain level of complexity.
About the repeating flight level: Also widely discussed as saying this once or twice you wouldn't have to follow their instructions not caring about what tower says. Under current conditions they keep urging you as long as you have to adjust the flight level. That's why Stefan kept that repeating even though it can be annoying irritating some users. I check how long it takes to reach the 20, 35 or 50 kms to the edge of the airport radius and if there're a few kilometers left I don't care about what tower wants me to do.
And yep the optional variables regarding braille displays will likely be implemented within weeks to come. And yes the game is free but anybody can send some coins through Paypal to Stefan to support the devs embarking on some more features in the future. But the main purpose is geographical and educational.
Well maybe something to consider why not. I guess this would be quite easy feature for users to be able to choose steward but remember even big pilots of huge jumbos cannot choose the female steward to flirt with during long flights switching to autopilot!
And by the way Stefan wouldn't you want to work on Romanian translation? We'd send you the translation guide where the precise instructions are given which makes this seemingly long work way much shorter.
That's true as there're sometimes huge differences there between flight levels tower wants you to fly in. It mostly depends on what part of flight you are at that moment. The flights are divided into 4 stages. In the first 2 stages tower urges you to fly higher and in the second 2 stages tower keep sending you down. If you have airports on the way of course. And remember the higher you fly the less fuel you exhaust. It's best flying as high as you can so you run out of less fuel than flying in quite low flight levels. Also divided into 4 phases of flight levels counted by percentage of each plane.
To have it completed here please could you send us the two sounds you wrote about to Stefan? I mean the sound as you sit and go on the runway and then the light flat wind sound as you take off? And yep differences between day and night flights, lights on/off etc. why not, Eurofly can check for system date and time and e.g. it won't display snow-like weather between May and October from 30th latitude to -30th latitude. So having the time displayed it shouldn't be problem but we'd have to have some formula about the sun coming down in the evening and sunset in the morning for Eurofly to decide whether it's dark or light. We also brainstormed about time zones but again the formula is quite complicated how to make it in Delphi.
all for now have you all a nice day
Sure, just send me the required mail on Facebook or e-mail, Stefan Has both of them
56 (edited by burak 2017-01-06 22:42:25)
So I am trying to send an airport. I have tried 2, and both of the locations don't match with what I'm told in wickipedia. Is this a problem with the map? Should I stilll send the coordinates?
@burak did you follow my guide to submitting an Airport?
If so this is most likely an inconsistancy with the map itself and not the coordinates. I'd submit them anyway.
Thank you very much for the game developers! Eurofly is very great!
Both the flight sim and the world map are awesome .
This is one of the best audiogames which I've played!
And it has a potential to grow bigger and bigger.
And this is the first accessible world map which I know.
I know you have plenty of things to do, but i would have some suggestions and questions:
About the map: It seems Latvia and Lithuania are on wrong places, could you change their locations with each other? Latvia is north of Lithuania.
Could you change the specifications of the aircrafts according to the real values?
For example the specifications of Boeing 757 in Eurofly do not correspond to the real specifications of Boeing 757 (neither -200 nor -300, number of seats, weight etc).
The cabin crew members can sometimes speak two different announcements at the same time, could you fix that bug?
Is it possible to change the base airport of the aircrafts on free flights?
For example, if you want to fly some small aircraft from Suva, Fiji to Apia, Samoa, it is impossible to fly that aircraft from Bratislava all the way to Suva over the long sea areas.
Also, it would be very cool to have more engine sounds, for example when you start the engines and when you are taxiing and taking off.
Listen to the awesome engine sounds of this Boeing 757-200
Also, it would be cool to have more aircrafts in Eurofly, for example ATR 72-500
and Airbus A318, A319, A321, A330-300, A340-600, A350-900
and bigger Embraers E170 and E190
I wish I would have recorded the old DC9-51 sounds when Finnair still had them (for example OH-LYV)
Fantastic audiogame, keep up the great work
1. About Latvia and Lithuania I'm afraid I can't understand as these are precisely read from GPS Geonames maps so it's supposed to be exactly specified.
2. Boeing 757: I'm attaching its values so please overwritte the values you think are different OK?
takeoff and landing speed differ by weight of number of passengers and how much fuel you have tanked so let's keep these values. Maybe you're interested in seats of passengers, maximum speed etc.
3. Two announcements of crew at the same time can you describe the situation for us to simulate that?
4. Can't understand what you mean by base airport.
5. we're trying to implement something similar firing up and taking off etc. we'll see. I asked Andreas to send us the sounds of running on runway and slight flad wind sound so we'll see.
6. There're about 24 planes there and I don't think it's wise adding many more aircrafts as they only differ in parameters but nothing else unless we have more engines but having tens of types of Airbuses or Boeings wouldn't spice the game up much if you know what I mean:).
Thank you so much for your feedback:).
One of my friends who are not good at english is having the same issue like me in mission 1 6 where you have to avoid Germany. I have told him to keep trying. He have tried like 5 times.
Thank you for your reply!
1. I am just flying to Tunisia and if I press ctrl +F8 to look up the list of the airports, it says:
Latvia - Vilnius (1462 km)
Lithuania - Riga (1633 km)
That is not correct! Vilnius is in Lithuania and Riga is in Latvia.
2. The max passenger capacity of B757 is quite low, it could be 2-class seating 200 (12F+188Y) or 1-class seating 221/228.
It is so heavy aircraft that I think the takeoff speed was around 250 when I flew with that aircraft. And the landing speed is lower than the takeoff speed, for that aircraft maybe 225 km/h.
3. For example the stewardess might announce about the ending of turbulence and starting of storm at the same time.
4. I mean the airport where the airplanes are located when you start a free flight. They are all in Bratislava when you start flying with them. Can you change that airport?
For example if I want to fly from Honolulu to Auckland, it is a really long trip to transfer some of the aircrafts from Bratislava to Honolulu.
6. Yea, you would need correct engine sounds for each new aircraft. But some of those which I mentioned are very common and widely used aircrafts, so it would be great to have some of them too.
Currently there are only two modern Airbus available - A320 and A380, not any 330, 340 or 350 series aircrafts.
ATR72 is also very common, they are used all around the world.
It's very easy to transfer your aircraft. Select your destination and press enter. Also lord london, I did follow your guide. Will submit the airport anyway, since the geographical coordinates are prittey close to the actual place. The actual place mgiht have been marked wrongly on the map.
I am going to have to disagree about having more planes being a bad thing. I think the more the better and if people can chip in on sounds why not. Yes there are a few planes but why limit things to just those few. I would rather have to do a lot of the stuff you really have to do while flying, than to have to keep changing how high I fly. That is my biggest complaint. Also lets not for get most giant planes tend to fly higher than a lot of these planes. I love the game but can see it going a long way. Also the maps if better maps could be done that would be amazing. Currently looking at my state on the map looks weird.
1. Yes you're right about the capital cities, thanks a lot for notifying us. Will tel to Stefan.
2. Please overtype the values you want us to change in the Boeing 757 list I gave. We don't care about any classes etc. just the final number of seats that's we need to know for Eurofly to be overwritten.
3. Ah yeah you're right that sometimes happens. Will tell to Stefan we'll see.
4. Yes you can put F8 and go to the airport you want so the starting airport can be located to fit your needs.
6. No problem send us engine sounds with the existing type of aircraft in Eurofly and we'll see. You can experiment with it at first going to Eurofly folder, Aircrafts subfolder and here put .wav file with the identical name like .air file of required aircraft type. The recommendation is having it as loud as possible and it's enough having 4 seconds sample of that engine sound. You can plug away at it finding the best engine sounds optimalizing them normalizing them using sound editor at your choice Sound Forge, Audacity, Goldwave or Adobe Audition whatever. And then send us engines you want to change.
OK send coordinates perhaps using Eurofly map locating there to Stefan he sure will add the required airport.
1. OK once we have more engines we can add a few more aircrafts but there's no reason adding new aircrafts using just slightly different parameters u know some plane has 500 passengers, the other has 550 passengers, the third one has 530 passengers and the same goes for weight etc. it's just tedious. Unless you have more engines to spice it up then it's more diverse and colorful.
2. During long flights over the ocean you barely come across any airport so we don't consider changing flight levels sometimes a real problem. But once we solve reported issues there's a chance there to carefully discuss more features to be added but one by one and each one meticulously considered for it not to be sort of surge of demands at once you know:). No problem whatsoever.
Please take in the ocnsideration the status of the passengers in the plain. When I am going too steep or falling, they continue to laugh. Also can you please put a higher quality crash sound? Thanks, I sent the airports from the game.
1. About steet falling and laughing passengers LOL we didn't think of that I wrote to Stefan so we'll see.
2. Do you have any more quality crash sound effect? If so send us please and we'll add it.
my mod contains a better crashing sound. Also Tappen going to send you those sounds now, just need to start up my second computer and transfer them (dropbox isn't working on this one), I'll also write and explain to you how they're intended to be used.
Yeah thanks so much mate for the sounds in advance:). Send them please at
hi tapin did you get my email?
yep I did respond to you thanks much for the sounds I sent them to Stefan so we'll see how he's gonna cope with them:).
nod thanks Tapin I've got further ideas but let's take one at a time )
Things ofthese include:
3d map (if possible depending on geodata)
and much, much more!
From now on I'll communicate to you directly via email though
Here are the values for the Boeing 757 which should correspond to the real values:
Also, the fuel capacity would be about 34000 litres.
I don't have much experience about editing sounds, but I will try to look for correct engine sounds.
Well when you are done with the task and the sound mod I certainly would like those.
To the rest, there were some addon updates that were added at the end of this year december as well as this month.
Firstly we have one more stuardess in the mix, we also have 4 more towers while thats not that much of an improvement there it is.
We also have had the airports sorted up to version 13.
It appears that we have the radio chatter database revised, its another 500mb download.
With all this, the game clocks in at 1.1 gb or there abouts.
I have not played it as such, I was trying to do it, and entered another state but fell asslleep at the controls and was shot down.
74 (edited by gus 2017-01-08 21:46:14)
I'm new to the forum. Anyways I've got some engine sounds for eurofly for the 737, a320, and 757. I am still working on other future sounds. If you want them send me your email and I can get them to you. Thanks and nice work on the game.
I'm trying Eurofly with a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas Joystick using Joy to Key and here is something i think the developpers could do to make it more realistic even when using just the keyboard.
When using the Joystick to adjust the nose handle or the direction of the Plane I have to repeat the movement as many times as I need to set the proper nose handle or course which at least for Me is not practical or even fun...
So I would like to suggest to the developpers a change in the game so the nose handle and the plane direction would keep changing for as long as the keys are pressed as it already happens with the keys used to accelerate and slow down the plane.
When I'm using the Joystick the acceleration lever works just perfectly but to adjust direction, climb or descend I have to use the stick one step at a time which means I can't just pull or push it to raise or lower the nose handle or keep it to the left or right until I reach the desired direction...
The Game is really good and from what I tried Today is even better played with a joystick if this small changes can be made.