2016-12-23 04:52:49

Hi everyone.
I know that Wave Machine already reads subtitles using screen reader, but I had some problem with it and decided to make one myself. It's both similar to and different from Wave Machine. In Ravi Player, you do not need to convert your video file to audio. It can play whatever Windows Media Player can, video or audio. The user interface is like Windows Media Player only with a few keystrokes added. If you have a subtitle with the same name of the media file in .srt, .sub, .ssa, .ttml, or .vtt format in the same folder, the program loads it alongside the media file and reads the subtitle automatically as the media is playing. Screen reader is chosen automatically and you can choose the output to be voice, braille, both or none. It has a Subtitle Review Buffer and shifting capability. Finally, it can get the file path as a command line arguemtn, so you can set it as the default program for playing any format you prefer. To use it, you need .Net framework 4.5 or higher and Windows Media Player 9 or higher. Readme file can tell you more about it. I'll be really greatful of any feedback, especially about the look of the program, I'm not sure if it plays the video full screen or not. I'm a very amateur programmer, so probably it is full of bugs.

You can download it here:
http://meisamamini21.dl1.rapidpars.com/ … 0Setup.exe

2016-12-23 18:46:23

cool.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-12-23 20:50:50

now we need an itunes based subtitle reader for the mac.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-12-23 22:33:56

I'm having some problems on finding subtitle files for animes.

2017-03-04 04:34:24

This is why KM player is so good. It can read subtitles that are encoded into mkv files... wish they would share the technology so others could do the same.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-03-04 08:42:40

I tried an episode from bleach with subtitles but it was in avi, now i understud why it did not work, thank you.