2016-12-24 03:10:28

f5 is your current time, f6 is your departure time ...

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2016-12-24 03:47:37

Here's my feeling on this relief thing. I think its cool that its there, but I don't think there's a case where you should be stopped from closing a program on your computer, I mean alt F4 doesn't work on it, you have to kill its process. I get what the creator is going for maximum realism, but every sim you can close, imagine not being able to close FSxX until you landed, lol, and you had to get work done or you had people coming over, or it is dinner time. Lol, can you imagine this scenario, Mom: Johnny, turn that game off and come to supper. Johnny: It's a sim, not a game. Mom (a bit exasperated): I don't care what it is, turn it off, supper's ready. Johnny: I;m trying, but it won't stop! Mom: (quite a bit exasperated): Don't be a smart alek, turn it off right now. Heh, you get the point, all computer programs need a way to clear out. I'm not saying you should have to save your progress or anything, just saying its kind of annoying to have to close it through task man or taskkill.exe. Things always can come up, and before you say well only play it when you have free time, well free time can be interrupted. You have an email from a client that you need to deal with now, your mom tells you to do your homework now instead of putting it off until sunday, etc. Every computer program should be able to be closed out of without issues.

Anyway, just my opinion. P.S. Moms can be pains in the butt, lol I'm glad I'm past the point of having a nagging mother. smile

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-24 06:49:01

Ahoy all.

So I have been trying to work myself towards a perfect safety which I have and perfect customer service. those demanding buggers just don't seem to achieve that level of satisfaction no matter what I try.
Anyhow,
What's the deal with depos anyway?
I.E the first mission, you are suppose to leave the depo and do a run to a station.
I reach the 400 or that is the end mark of the depo at 12:2:55 or around 12:2:30 and after. the departure time shows as 12:03 but still in the report I get I departed the x y z 50 seconds 60 seconds 77 seconds early
So ehh, when are you exactly suppose to leave from there?

Another question, reading through the readme and the pa announcement, aren't you suppose to use the #2 key at all? I don't see a situation where you could use that one at.
Having loads of fun running from station to station, although if there was a ability to add stations in different countries, perhaps a separate addon or installation to the game just like the soundpack, it would be awesomeness itself.

And I actually agree with and second ironcross32 post 52.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-12-24 07:21:58

Wow guys, seriously! K lets start by the beginning. I've been wayting for this game ever since it was releaced, nice job mister nick! now, here's my comment: To be quite honest, I feel every time like I suck at this. Everything is a fail, everything decreases my socres. Plus, for some od reason I managed to pass a red signal and, well, die haha

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-12-24 12:07:12

Hi.
I agree with post 52.
Some more comments:
Why is the train not able to reverse? They can do that in real life, or the trains I'm using can do that, which they do quite often. smile
How are you suppose to start driving exactly at the second you need so you don't start too early or too late?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-12-24 12:14:17

hi.

@slj bigger trains usually have two locomotives on either end ... but as far as I know subway trains can't actually reverse ... though I could be wrong.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2016-12-24 22:09:42 (edited by Jeffb 2016-12-25 22:39:25)

You can pause the game by hitting escape if something comes up in the real world. Exiting the game was a feature requested dorring beta however many of us felt satisfied with the pause option. Revursing was also requested however to make the game more chalanging this was left out. A good tip is to slow down your train when you are about 200k away from the station. Pulling in at 25k and stopping when you hear 15 works for me. You can leave 30 seconds before, or 30 seconds after the departure time. Thanks Nick for the correction. In the first mission there's a time for departing the train yard to head for the depo even though this may sound silly as you are preparing the train.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-12-25 01:22:34

Hi All.
Well it’s been a couple of busy days since I released Tube Sim. From the feedback I’ve had generally it looks like you’re all enjoying playing. So far in the 3 days since release it’s been downloaded over 530 times.
A number of questions have been asked which I’m going to attempt to answer here:
1.    Why is some of the information so quiet once you leave driver school and start doing missions?
Answer: Hands up, there’s a bug here. The driver school does quite a bit of ducking of audio while messages are spoken. In some situations when you go to do a real mission after driver school the audio is still ducked. This will be fixed in the next release. For now I’d suggest once you complete driver school you should exit the game from the main menu and reload it before moving on to the missions. This should only be an issue with coming out of driver school.
2.    Exiting the game, why can’t I just hit alt f4 to close it?
Answer: This was deliberate, in the real world a driver cannot just exit a train and leave it in the middle of the track. As it stands you’ve got 2 options. Escape will pause the game and f7 will radio the control room asking for relief, this means that your run will end at when you open the doors at the next station. Of all the comments I’ve had about the game this seems to annoy most people so in a future release I’m planning to give you an option to quit the mission from the pause menu. When you do this my intention is that your distance and score will not be logged as your abandoning your train. I’m also tempted to reduce the customer service overall score a bit if you do this as its breaking the policy of trying to keep the game as realistic as possible. I’ll think about that one. I’d hope that this is something that most people don’t do very often.
3.    Are the places real places in London, how close is this to what a real tube driver does?
Answer: Yes, the stations, routes and distances between stations is based on the real world. I did quite a bit of reading up on what a real world tube driver does and I’d say it’s about 75% accurate. There are some changes to do with setting up the train that a driver does that you don’t do in the game, things like static break tests and setting up the destination signs. Also the rear lights are set and you have to set various modes in the rear cab. As there is no rear cab in the game I moved the switches. The radio sequences I completely made up. The speed limits and which bits are over ground and which bits are underground are randomly generated and don’t reflect the real world.
4.    Why can’t I stop at the stations, why don’t the alarms play?
Answer: My guess you’re overshooting because you’re going too fast. The following may help, remember that you can practise stopping with lesson 2 in the driver school.
At top speed, 80 KMPH your stopping distances are about 100M if you use the breaks, and about 600 M if you just use the throttle controls.
Generally unless you’re late I’d not suggest going faster than 50 KMPH.
By the time you’re 100 M from the station your speed should be about 30 KMPH.
50 you should be down to about 20 KMPH.
15 M should be down to 10 KMPH.
If you’re at 10 KMPH at when you get told your 15 M away hit down twice to bring your train to a stop, this should bring you nicely to a stop in the stop zone without using the breaks.
5.    Why can’t I move the train?
Answer: I’d Suggest reading the documentation and going through driver school. However there are a couple of common things you should check.
Are your doors closed?
Is your air pressure higher than 50?
Are you holding the dead man switch?
6.    How do you know when your underground or over ground.
Answer: If you can hear the birds and rain then you’re over ground, some people flick to the external view quickly to check this. Also your train echoes a lot more and you can hear the sound of your train bouncing off the tunnel walls when you’re underground.
7.    Why isn’t there the option to turn on the air compressor when on the stats screen of the computer?
Answer: There is, just hit enter on the air pressure read out to enable the compressor.
8.    Can new stations or countries be added?
Answer: Maybe in the future, there is quite a bit of audio needed for lines and stations, but going forward I may produce a way of doing this.
9.    How do you pick the sound pack, there’s nothing in the main menu?
Answer: The readme in the sound pack folder explains everything, effectively just dropping sounds in this folder is all you need to do. You can only have 1 sound pack at a time.
10.    Why don’t the doors open at a station?
Answer: There are a couple of rules that control when the doors can open,
You must be in a stop zone.
You must have air pressure higher than 25%
Your dead man switch must not be held.
In some of the podcasts I’ve heard of people playing they think they’ve stopped in the stop zone when actually they’ve over shot the station. If you hear the “due to depart” message then you’ve over shot.
11.    It’s impossible to leave dead on time, why?
Answer: I’d suggest reading the documentation or doing driver school again. 30 seconds either side of the depart time is considered on time. So if your depart time is 22:15. You can depart at 22:14:30 to 22:15:30 and this is OK. I’ve heard some people say this is 11 seconds, I’m not sure where that’s come from, its 30 seconds.
12.    Why when I request clearance does it get denied?
Answer: The only reason clearance is denied is if you’re trying to leave the platform early. (See answer above about being 30 seconds either side of the depart time. There for in the above example if you request clearance at 22:14:25 it’ll be denied, if you request at 22:14:31 you will be cleared to leave.
13.    What time should you depart depos, the driver report is confusing?
Answer: I think there may be a small bug here, I’ll try to clarify in the next release.
14.    Why can’t the train reverse?
Answer: There’s 2 reasons, they don’t do this on the London underground in the real world and it would make the game 2 easy.
15.    Why do I suck, why’s my score so low. (A genuine question)
Answer: To improve your score I’d suggest reading the documentation as it goes in to quite a bit of detail. The driver report is also your main tool for working out what you did right, and what you did wrong.
16.    If I hit f7 and request relief by mistake what can I do?
Answer: Just hit f7 again and the request will get cancelled, I don’t think I put this in the documentation, I’ll put it in for the next release.
17.    Why is the game free?
Answer: A number of people said they were surprised that the game was free. Thank you. The reason I don’t charge for any of my games yet is that I’m a developer working on my own and that not charging gives me the flexibility in the way I support the game. I fit development around a day job and young family so don’t get as much time to support users as I wish, including updates, release schedules, resolving user’s issues and so on. If I were to charge then I would want to provide a much more professional support and update mechanism and I don’t feel I have the time to do that. In the end It comes down to how I believe software companies should behave, selling a game or software isn’t the end of the transaction with the customer, the developer has a responsibility to support that customer, A responsibility I don’t have the time for given the other things I’ve got going on. I’d also need to consider any piracy protection and things like handling refunds, Stuff I just don’t want to deal with. In the end, game development is something I enjoy and just do for fun.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-12-25 02:46:43

Yes Nick and you're awesome!
There's no way I've seen that can allow you to increase your safety score ... which is sorta  understandable but I really Think there should be. Don't see how I can pump up my customer service rating to 100 (which would require a fairly long trip) and keep a perfect 100 in safety ... sometimes speed Changes are very abrupt and there's no way to stop at max speed and there goes your achievement.
I was gonna post something else but I forgot ... oh well I'll remember it eventually.
Keep up the nice work!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2016-12-25 04:57:51

i'm sorry if this has been asked before but
is it possible to do other cities? Say I found a map of the Taipei MRT system (which I swear I have... somewhere), would it be possible to then make a map to play in Taipei?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-12-25 05:19:10

Hi Nick, I want to thank you for addressing some of the posts on here, it is refreshing for a game developer to come on here and do this without sounding snarky, coming off plane rude or not responding at all. I think this says a lot about your character and the reputation of the company you are building. I was also surprised that such a high quality game would be free of charge, I would have gladly paid for it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-25 08:09:05

Hi! Well, I have to say this game is pretty neat. I don't generally get into transportation sims, but this one is more than just driving around a sandbox type area, so nice job!

I managed to get a perfect customer service badge, but those pesky speed changes of forty kmph in 200 meters keep making me speed.

My tips for raising your customer service score are these. Make sure to periodically check the temperature. Sometimes I forget to turn on and off the heat when changing from underground and vice versa. Be sure to always hit 3 before closing the doors, hit 1 when you're 300 meters away, and hit 1 again as soon as you open the doors at your stop.

Regarding leaving on time, what I do is if I'm leaving at 07:33, at 07:32.45 I request clearance to leave. I then hit 3, and close the doors while I'm waiting for a response. When the doors close, I hit the dead man switch and I'm off.

I do have to say, I do go over 50 if I get the chance. I figure it makes my passengers happy to know that I care about getting to their stops as quickly as I am able.

thanks,
Michael

2016-12-25 11:59:25

Hi.
@Nick thank you so much for your awesome reply. The only thing I'm having issue with is to leave on time, not too early and not too soon. I need some more practise. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-12-25 14:58:29

hi slj. Would you want me to record a Quick walkthrough? smile
I already did for my weekly demonstrations but ... it failed due to fucking sound tap baaah!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2016-12-25 17:33:08

Feel free to record a walkthrough if you want. the only thing I'm having trouble with is leaving at the right second. I have no trouble on mastering the other things.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-12-25 19:28:14

Aw man, this run started out good and then just turned crap. I was feeling flustered when I did things wrong and was trying to recover, which lead to more things done wrong, here is the report.

Time    Customer Service Score    Safety Score    Event
2:1:40    52    100    Departing ST JOHNS WOOD on time.
2:5:43    55    100    Departing BAKER STREET on time.
2:8:32    56    98    Excessive speed detected for 8.392 seconds.
2:8:59    56    97    Excessive speed detected for 6.386 seconds.
2:11:10    54    97    Departing BOND STREET 130 seconds late.
2:13:8    54    97    Departing GREEN PARK 68 seconds late.
2:13:8    49    97    Failed to stop at GREEN PARK station.
2:13:8    49    92    Depart from stop with out clearence.
2:13:8    47    92    customer complaints as you left 23 passengers at the station.
2:16:16    47    92    Departing WESTMINSTER 76 seconds late.
2:16:36    48    92    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
2:16:42    48    91    Excessive speed detected for 2.006 seconds.
2:17:1    48    91    Excessive speed detected for 0.65 seconds.
2:17:53    47    91    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
2:18:29    46    91    Closed doors with out public address announcement
2:18:48    46    91    Departing WATERLOO 108 seconds late.
2:19:2    46    91    Excessive speed detected for 3.513 seconds.
2:20:27    46    91    Departing SOUTHWARK 87 seconds late.
2:23:8    45    91    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
2:23:8    45    91    Run complete
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-25 21:57:11

roflrofl ironcross, I've done some pretty horrible runs but that one was the worst log I've ever seen! Wel done! tongue

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2016-12-26 02:07:54

Yeah like I said I tend to get flustered when I make a mistake, which leads to more mistakes, lol. Yeah, its pretty bad.

End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-26 02:45:49

Hey , this runthrough was a bit better. The score sheet doesn't really tell all. I am still not pleased with my progress...

10:2:56    49    100    Departing BRIXTON Depo 60 seconds early.
10:3:20    48    100    Between BRIXTON Depo and BRIXTON The folowing reports have been received: Train ventilation off 
10:5:45    49    100    Departing BRIXTON 60 seconds early.
10:7:43    48    100    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
10:9:48    51    100    Departing STOCKWELL on time.
10:11:16    52    99    Excessive speed detected for 1.684 seconds.
10:13:44    54    99    Departing VAUXHALL on time.
10:15:49    57    99    Departing PIMLICO on time.
10:18:4    56    99    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
10:18:4    56    99    Run complete
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-26 08:06:36

hi.

lord London. i'm waiting for your walkthrough to leave on time.

well. what is assasive public address announcement? I'm still don't find any way to fix that.

2016-12-26 08:07:43

and. sorry for the double posting. for recommendation, I recommend you guys to watch the real tube operation on youtube so you can get hang of it

2016-12-26 08:37:39

mike-tan wrote:

hi.

lord London. i'm waiting for your walkthrough to leave on time.

well. what is assasive public address announcement? I'm still don't find any way to fix that.

Hi mike.
Theres a guide for when you should make PA announcements found in the documentation. 
Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-12-27 04:04:39

Ok so this is pretty bad, but here is how I did on one of my missions. Oh and BTW how do I post my score to the website Nick? I set up online score posting from the main menu but not sure what to do after that.

Time    Customer Service Score    Safety Score    Event
21:2:58    49    100    Departing EDGWARE Depo 60 seconds early.
21:5:59    49    100    Departing EDGWARE 60 seconds early.
21:6:56    51    99    Excessive speed detected for 2.804 seconds.
21:10:11    52    99    Departing BURNT OAK on time.
21:13:41    53    99    Departing COLINDALE 41 seconds late.
21:14:57    55    98    Excessive speed detected for 3.096 seconds.
21:18:9    54    98    Departing HENDON CENTRAL 69 seconds late.
21:18:35    55    98    Excessive speed detected for 1.806 seconds.
21:19:54    56    98    Departing BRENT CROSS on time.
21:19:54    51    98    Failed to stop at BRENT CROSS station.
21:19:54    51    93    Depart from stop with out clearence.
21:19:54    45    93    customer complaints as you left 60 passengers at the station.
21:21:9    45    93    Excessive speed detected for 3.202 seconds.
21:25:6    44    93    Departing GOLDERS GREEN 126 seconds late.
21:29:35    43    93    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:30:10    40    93    Departing HAMPSTEAD 190 seconds late.
21:30:36    42    92    Excessive speed detected for 1.639 seconds.
21:31:46    41    92    Between HAMPSTEAD and BELSIZE PARK The folowing reports have been received: Train ventilation off
21:33:31    38    92    Departing BELSIZE PARK 211 seconds late.
21:36:14    36    92    Departing CHALK FARM 194 seconds late.
21:39:40    35    92    Departing HIGH BARNET 280 seconds late.
21:43:46    33    92    Departing TOTTERIDGE & WHETSTONE 226 seconds late.
21:45:47    35    91    Excessive speed detected for 6.429 seconds.
21:48:51    33    91    Departing WEST FINCHLEY 231 seconds late.
21:51:23    32    91    Departing FINCHLEY CENTRAL 203 seconds late.
21:53:8    33    90    Excessive speed detected for 4.911 seconds.
21:53:29    32    90    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
21:57:54    32    90    Departing HIGHGATE 114 seconds late.
22:0:31    33    90    Departing ARCHWAY 31 seconds late.
22:0:31    28    90    Failed to stop at ARCHWAY station.
22:0:31    28    85    Depart from stop with out clearence.
22:0:31    26    85    customer complaints as you left 20 passengers at the station.
22:4:19    25    85    Departing TUFNELL PARK 139 seconds late.
22:5:44    24    85    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
22:6:17    24    85    Departing KENTISH TOWN 137 seconds late.
22:7:1    24    85    Passenger complaints regarding carriage tempreture.
22:8:40    24    85    Run complete

Audio game king

2016-12-27 04:20:40

woooooof @73, well this ain't much better.

21:3:35    49    100    Departing EDGWARE Depo 60 seconds late.
21:3:59    49    98    Excessive speed detected for 6.161 seconds.
21:5:39    50    98    Departing EDGWARE 60 seconds early.
21:7:11    51    98    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
21:7:37    51    83    Opened doors on a train line, not a platform.
21:8:40    54    83    Departing BURNT OAK on time.
21:12:0    57    83    Departing COLINDALE on time.
21:15:44    61    83    Departing HENDON CENTRAL on time.
21:17:37    60    83    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:18:42    63    83    Departing BRENT CROSS on time.
21:19:18    62    83    Excessive speed detected for 1.95 seconds.
21:22:1    61    83    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:22:36    60    83    Closed doors with out public address announcement
21:22:58    61    83    Departing GOLDERS GREEN 58 seconds late.
21:25:41    60    83    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:26:12    61    83    Departing HAMPSTEAD on time.
21:27:23    60    83    Departing BELSIZE PARK 97 seconds early.
21:27:23    55    83    Failed to stop at BELSIZE PARK station.
21:27:23    55    78    Depart from stop with out clearence.
21:27:23    52    78    customer complaints as you left 30 passengers at the station.
21:31:14    51    78    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:31:48    52    78    Departing CHALK FARM on time.
21:33:54    55    78    Departing HIGH BARNET on time.
21:36:20    54    78    Excessive speed detected for 1.194 seconds.
21:37:4    53    78    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:38:46    56    78    Departing TOTTERIDGE & WHETSTONE on time.
21:39:5    57    77    Excessive speed detected for 2.804 seconds.
21:41:51    58    77    Departing WOODSIDE PARK on time.
21:43:4    59    77    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
21:44:10    62    77    Departing WEST FINCHLEY on time.
21:45:30    62    77    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
21:46:40    64    77    Departing FINCHLEY CENTRAL on time.
21:50:33    65    77    Arived at station with out appropriate public address announcement
21:54:43    67    77    Departing HIGHGATE on time.
21:58:40    70    77    Departing ARCHWAY on time.
21:59:0    71    77    Excessive speed detected for 0.214 seconds.
22:0:3    71    77    Reported by customers for excessive public address announcements
22:1:1    72    77    Departing TUFNELL PARK on time.
22:3:14    74    62    Opened doors on a train line, not a platform.
22:3:15    73    62    Closed doors with out public address announcement
22:3:16    72    62    Closed doors with out public address announcement
22:3:22    73    62    Departing KENTISH TOWN on time.
22:5:21    73    62    Run complete
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-27 05:29:32

Score posting to the website is automatic.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77