2016-12-09 01:57:02

I saw this on Twitter, and it is for fans of brogue and broguespeak.  It's another roguelike game, and they've got a kickstarter going.  You can read about the game and back it here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 … ts/1739816

2016-12-09 06:19:29

Hi blindangerous!
is this game have a demo to check it out?
or is it accessible with screen reader?
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-12-09 20:23:09

Read the kickstarter page that I linked to.  A demo I don't know about, but if you read that page, you'd see that your second question was already answered.

2016-12-09 23:19:31

It is realy interesting and cool to see that blind players realy got mentioned here. I realy hope this will go in developement.

2016-12-10 16:01:04

We get a mention? Where? I don't see it on the page .  If there is a way to make this accessible, I will definitely back this .  Got burned a bit last time which is why I'm hesitant unless I know

2016-12-10 23:10:18

I did see screenreader support mentioned, it was in one of the updates that the dev pushed out.

2016-12-11 02:38:42

ah.  in that case, definitely backing.
I know there are 3 days left, but I think they can do it given the speed at which they started.

2016-12-11 18:14:00

Yeah, I read everything and I am definitely interested in this game. There is a bullet point mentioning accessibility and screen readers.

2017-02-25 11:29:03

Hi guys!
randomly i found out that there are allready some releases of this jupiter hell roguelike. Is this the one blindndangerous was talking about? I wonder if there allready is some accessibility for us? I downloaded it but i think i only had the graphics mode and dont know how to change to a maybe existing ascii mode. Does anyone here know something about it?

2017-02-25 12:51:19

It might be. Who knows if they've implemented accessibility though. This may be a case of them wanting to implement accessibility, but can't, AKA Star Traders 2.

2017-02-25 18:03:08

I'm thinking maybe we should contact them and ask about this while possibly referring them to brogue speak?  .

2017-02-25 18:23:23

OK, its pretty interesting.
First, i made a mistake. It is not completely the new mentioned jupiter hell game for wich they started the kickstarter event. It is a roguelike based on the old game doom. But this is also interesting cause it comes from the same developers i think. And the best of all is, that it is a roguelike with sounds.
dan_c: I thought the same like you And there is a mailadress in the manual.txt.
My english sometimes is a little bit terrible. So would you be interested to get in contact with them? Maybe the admins would be interested to make it more accessible. It could also be a good training for them too. The Link for download this doom-roguelike is:
https://drl.chaosforge.org/

2017-02-25 21:11:06

To elaborate on the Doom connection, the guys behind JH made DoomRL.

However.....Zenimax sent htem a legal notice to take DoomRL down and ordered them to not use the Doom name or trademark in their games without permission. So....they turned around and made Jupiter Hell. Which looks good, oddly enough.

2017-02-25 22:03:46

It's not out yet is it?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-02-26 04:03:32

I'm pretty sure they want to get some base concepts of the game itself done before starting on the screenreader access part, or I hope that's what's going on.  I have to admit, I'm kind of looking forward to this rogue-like, and will back it up.