2016-12-04 20:15:13

I came across this chewing tobacco alternative on accident one day due to a mispellin when I was doing a Bing search. I don't remember the circumstances of the error, but I am glad that I did make it, as I don't have to slobber in to a spittoon anymore. In terms of the flavors I have used, I tried Camel Mint, which I enjoyed but it came in portioned packages. My next thing to try was General Original, which came from Sweden (I bought it in lose form); this is a decision I regret making, as the taste is, to put it bluntly, aweful. So what brought you to Snus? What kinds have you tried, and any recommendations on what to try next?

2016-12-05 00:48:03

I've been a casual cigar smoker for a few years now. Mind you, I've never been addicted to nicotine (and I never will be, I hope).
I heard about snus a few months ago, after I heard that Brad Pitt stopped smoking cigarettes (which is something I avoid like the plague) by switching to snus. I've never tried any form of smokeless tobacco and I was intrigued. So, I got a few cans of Camel Mint and Camel Mellow to try.
I'm still new to snusing, and I've never tried any kind of Swedish snus.

God bless, and keep on snusing!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-12-05 00:51:53

I thought it was snuff, not snus. I don't dip so I don't know.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-05 01:25:47

Snuff is a form of dry, smokeless tobacco which is inhaled nasally.
Snus and dip are almost the same thing; you can read about the differences of dip and snus here.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-12-05 02:59:47

Hmm. Will have to give Camel Mellow a go at some point. I find that the Swedish snus has a bit less moisture than was found in the Camel I had purchased before. I can't wait to try more, however; in particular, I'd like to get my hands on some of the Thunder snus.

2016-12-06 06:56:02

If you like mint flavors, you might want to give Thunder Frosted a try. Also, the camel mellow portions are about half the size of camel mint and they are certainly drier than camel mint portions.
If you don't like moist snus portions, I recommend you try white portions.
They're dryer than original portions, they produce less spit and they last longer. However, the flavor doesn't immediately kick in after you put it in your upper lip.

2016-12-06 16:07:09

I'm not show about the shipping laws in the United States to get Thunder products; and there are no shops in my area selling it.

2016-12-06 17:05:33

hi.
snuss is only about how you like it, different people might have different flavours and moisture degree that they like. I like my snuss really moist, I don't mind the spit and this way it doesn't crumble spreading bits throughout your entire mouth. I've also found out that more moisture usually means stronger snuss so becarefull. as for dried snuss I don't really use it, I preffer to buy dried powder tobacko and shoot it up the nose, I think it's called snuff. Lately I've been doing only snuff, I find the effect more pleasant and the flavour and the smell lasts longer. you have to be very carefull of how much you're shooting because it's easy to get nicotine poisoning which is not really pleasant.
A small tip if you plan to use very dried snuss, put it under your lower lip not the upper one, it prevents excessive crumbling. don't put it right in the front of your mouth because you might end up with spit inadvertently drizzling down your chin. I usually put the snuss on the left side of my mouth, under the lower half of the cheek, in the far corner of my mouth and enjoy the taste.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-12-06 23:19:55

Interesting. I've never used snus in my lower lip. I think you can get thunder snus on www.snuscentral.org.

2016-12-07 01:06:22

Don't you need to be 21, though?

2016-12-07 17:50:15

I think you have to be at least 18, but I'm not sure.