2016-11-17 17:46:33

hi
I recently found a game which is called "Erannorth: unfinished tales". It is completely text-based.
This game is a mix between a single player RPG and PVP game. You have different "paths". These are like professions. You can improve those paths by completing stories. When there is no story available, you can do other things like exploring different districts. by doing this you can also improve the paths and atributes.
you can find this game at:
www.erannorth.com
if u have any questions, feel free to ask here and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

2016-11-17 18:12:16

What did you do about choosing a character portrate? Is this required?
What happens if I don't want to do pvp? If I take part in pvp, what will I gain or lose?

2016-11-17 18:55:02

hi
@aaron: I cant remember right now if you have to select a portrait. I think that it is not required.
and no! you don't have to do pvp at all! the only thing you'll get is glory, which can be used to purchase items in the market district.

2016-11-17 20:27:23

@narf: could you please give a basic idea of how this works? I don't, for example, know how to find my gold at the moment.

2016-11-17 21:30:11

Also, right now the world map doesn't seem to be accessible with screen readers. It just says map 6, yt you can apparently travel to different locations but you have to click them.

2016-11-17 22:22:28

I like this game. Has anyone figured out a way to access the Previsions bar?

2016-11-18 00:46:58

I haven't even found that yet.

2016-11-18 02:36:43

It is actually the links just below the story stuff. Now i am trying to get past the "Before the Storm" encounter.

2016-11-18 06:51:49

Perhaps contacting the developer regarding access fixes might be good for this one, since adding text to clickable stuff really isn't a problem.
I actually like the sound of this one, albeit I'm a trifle busy at the moment and don't really have time for a full investigation myself, but I hope people can get stuff sorted out and that the developer will be reasonable.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-18 13:02:16

@aaron
I'll try to answer all the qustions:
map: I also havent found a way to travel to other regions. I think i've read something where you can travel to other regions when you have reached level 5.
the provisions bar is below the choices. if u use nvda you can click on the graphics and it will tell you in a dialog box what the item does. you can also use it there.
if you buy equipment it works like the provisions.

2016-11-18 16:28:22

@narf: how far are you in the game?
I'm currently a level 2 fire mage who just completed the before the storm encounter using two fire dart spells in my action queue.
I'm not entirely sure how the academy works, can you only level up magic once you level up your character?

2016-11-18 19:48:47

hi
@aron: I unfortunatelly am not a fire mage. I actually don't even know what i am. i am lvl 4 and have completd coven of blood IV.e

2016-11-18 21:00:08

@narf: what sorts of activities do you do? So far I've explored a bit, but I'm not really too sure what to do. I'm also wondering how these stories are unlocked, for instance I know my next story will unlock at level 3 but how did we end up finding coven of blood anyway? Did it just unlock for all of us at level 2?

2016-11-18 21:07:40

Sorry for the double post, but: there's an update! They added a little improvement to the interface. Now, the messages and options buttons are literally buttons, no clickables. For now, the inventory and such is still clickable. Does anyone know how to contact the devs?

2016-11-18 23:46:21

i dont know how to contact the devs.
@aaron: the blood coven story thing is unlocked for all of us I think.
regarding activities: I just explore every location until i cant anymore. when there are activities like: visit tavern;intervene;work;ETC... I do them. They'll give me extra gold and EXP.
I am now level 5 and i have moved to a new location.

2016-11-19 00:29:52

How did moving to new locations work?

2016-11-19 07:08:19

Hey folks. I tryed the game a bit. But got no luck with inventory and equipment management. The devs can be contacted through the game's forums as they stated in the welcome message.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-11-19 09:01:15

Thinking of joining this, it sounds interesting. Would anyone of you give me a referral key? I know they are optional but might as well give some benefits to someone while at it.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-11-19 13:31:59

If anyone wants to join, here's my referal link, you'll get an extra 1000 gold and 250 crystals. Keep in mind, that crystals are something that can only be earned and never purchased, so it's not pay to win at all.
http://erannorth.com/register.php?ref=jukesy1992

2016-11-19 13:56:15

hi
you can move to a different location when you've reached lvl 5. there should be a "move to another location" button.
The only problem is that you can't move to a previous location. i might contact the devs about this...

2016-11-19 20:14:51

I'm in contact with the devs too. I've asked about the inventory, I haven't asked about the world map just yet because I think that will take time to label everything.

2016-11-19 22:46:18

Wow, great people are talking to the devs, I'll be sure to give this one a try when I can.

Just as a peace of idvice however, I've always found it helps when discussing access to games with devs to make an honest list of requirements, that way when one thing is altered and you ask about something else, you don't sound like your dissatisfied.

Depending upon the map, it might not be as hard to label as you thinkk, particularly if rather than specifically a amap with hundreds of different places it's more like a "go to first location, go to second location, return to previous location" type of setup. heck, so long as it's just adding controls and labels, it wouldn't take too long even if there were! hundreds of locations, just a case of copying the code for each label and writing the text.

Generally in games with inaccessible maps, there will always be a point where progress stops due to lack of map access, so the sooner the devs know about this the better.

sorry that I've not tried this one myself and so can't join in on the access requests front, hopefully I'll have a bit more time and brain space for games soon enough, this one sounds really awesome and absolutely up my street so I'll be looking forward to giving it a go.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-19 23:27:28

hi guys.
i think the game had a major update. it seems that all clickables are now links and there are more buttons which are labeled.
as a reminder: you actually don't need the map to travel around. i think it is just for looking at your soroundings.

2016-11-19 23:56:09

Oh my sweet diety of elios! I am going to contact the developer with a huge, hugge thank you. I'll put below what I've discovered. The only thing that isn't labeled now are the progress bars. That's on the home page at least. I haven't tried the map or the pvp mode yet, but literally everything's labeled, all the items. This dev is doing a good job.

2016-11-20 01:10:21

Oh wow, you guys got there before me!  I'll have to send a huge thank you to the dev too.
Is there a way to read dialogues that come up manually? I miss them unless I alt tab out and back in again.
They seem very ambitious with this game, you can tell it's in open beta due to a fair few spelling errors, but it looks really, really promising. 
I made the mistake of calling my character my username, as it wasn't clear that would happen though. tongue