2016-11-16 22:25:40

Hi all,
Subject says it all. I'm looking for a bluetooth keyboard I can use with my phone for faster typing. Main thing I'm hoping for is something not outrageously expensive, I could just buy the mBraille keyboard otherwise... portable, and decently sized keys. I don't exactly have large fingers, so that last thing isn't as large of an issue but does anyone have recommendations?
Thanks all.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-11-16 23:39:28 (edited by Jeffb 2016-11-16 23:43:55)

I use the Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard it is a great keyboard and it is a nice size. The keyboard costs around $99 or so but you can probably find it cheaper on Amazon. This keyboard folds in half and has magnetic edges that keep the keyboard closed. No on off button as it turns off when closed. The keyboard works with a PC, Droid, IOS and I'm not sure if it works with Mac or not. It says it can handle up to 2 saved pairs at a time. I have only used it paired to my iPhone and found that the Bluetooth pairing can be a bit tricky. Once you pair the keyboard with your phone, tablet or computer it is good to go but when you have to pair it can take some time to get it to the right setting on the keyboard and then some time for the device to prompt for the pairing code. Once you get that you just enter it on the keyboard and hit enter. If you hit one of the 3 buttons used to pair the keyboard it can change the setting and you may have to unpair then repair it to get it to work again. The keyboard has a home button, play pause button, next and previous buttons, volume up and down buttons, as well as a phone luck and search buttons. When open the keyboard is about the size of a full keyboard and when folded it’s nice and small. The battery on the keyboard on a single charge lasts for about 3 months. The last thing to note is the keyboard splits down the middle between g and h. The spacebar is cut in half so you have a little spacebar on either side of the keyboard. Also the keys near the middle are slightly bigger.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-11-17 00:38:46

huh thanks for the info, might have to go check that out if I can actually find one to look at before I buy

2016-11-17 01:00:24 (edited by Jeffb 2016-11-17 01:01:17)

I got mine at Best Buy and I was able to check it out before buying it. Glad to help!

2016-11-17 03:06:08

Nice little find, gonna thumbs up you for it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-11-17 03:27:36

If it's still sold, check out the Logitech K760 keyboard. It can connect to three devices and switch between them by pressing F1, F2 or F3. The keyboard is also solar powereed and will charge in all types of light including artificial.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-11-17 03:46:48 (edited by Jason SW 2016-11-17 03:48:32)

I have the iPhone/iPad model of the Perixx Periboard 805L. They have two models, one for iThingies, and one for everything else. They also have other keyboard models, but I don't know anything about them.
The other keyboard I have is the Logitech K480. It can also connect to up to three devices, and each pairing can be set to either iOS or Android/Microsoft/everything else mode. Instead of using function keys to switch between pairings, it has a dial on the left side of the keyboard. Near the right edge of the keyboard, and above the rest of the keys, there are two special keys which control the "mode" the keyboard is in. Left=non-iOS mode, right=iOS mode. The power switch is on the back of the keyboard. It uses standard batteries, and they last quite a long time.
Unfortunately, it's rather heavy for a Bluetooth keyboard, so maybe not the best Bluetooth keyboard for mobile use, but around the house, it's great.

HTH.

2016-11-17 04:50:06

Sweet thanks for the thumbs up!!

2016-11-17 06:06:07

thanks all for the responses, guess I'll have to go to local stores and see what's available

2016-11-17 06:22:15

Let us know which one you go with.

2016-12-01 04:10:03

Resurrecting an old topic, kinda sort of, I guess.  I went and bought the Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard and still can't get it to pair up with anything.  Since it didn't come with a power brick of any kind, I figured connecting it straight to my PC wouldn't be an issue as far as charging goes, but I can't get my PC to see it at all, and my iOS device only sees it as an accessory, apparently.
EDITED:
Roughly 15 minutes later, I've discovered my wife is smarter than I am.  Before I run and hide in embarrassment, I'll simply state that if you hold down what would normally be the f1 key you can pair it easily with your iOS device.  and now, I slink in shame.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-12-01 05:13:36

Well, when the instruction manual on the keyboard isn't very clear, and the keyboard has no auditory/vibration feedback, initial pairing issues are only to be expected. That goes for any bluetooth device, I've had my fair share of failed initial pairing attempts. personally I take advantage of the fact that my apple wireless keyboard, when used, runs off of standard batteries, because if I have a failed pairing attempt I can just remove the batteries. No worrying about timing the connect button presses just right.

2016-12-01 05:43:08

Ahoy there

not sure if this still matters,but the one I am using and would recommend highly is another Logitech keyboard, similar to the k760,but much much cheaper, the only difference being it runs on standard batterys and they do last a fare while.
Ehh, almost forgot to give the name of the keyboard lol k380
I have used it on my windows pc,ios, and my mac. all you need to do is either press f1 f2 or f3 to pare different devices to it,and then whenever you want to switch to another device just press the key you used to pare to it before.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-12-01 07:07:32

wow thanks for all these recommendations everyone, want to actually pop into a store and look at all these though before I sink cash into one