2016-11-12 04:58:51

Hi,
You basically just highlighted the 2 main reasons with numbers 2 and 3.
2. Yes, selective sync would let you do this.
3. No, it upgrades your folders for you.
Another thing I've found is the older version likes to hang in transfering sometimes, making the newer versions use lots of internet doing absolutely nothing.
if it is working for you, by all means keep going with it, though. Just don't be surprised if odd things start happening such as excessive network usage on your and others ends.
thanks

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2016-11-12 05:45:53

Might I suggest google drive? It's like Dropbox accept it's free and easy to use, sure it's a little bit inaccessible, but you can use the web client with hardly any problems. It sets up a folder in your user or documents folder, and it makes an icon on your desktop, so it's very easy to get to.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2016-11-12 05:59:02 (edited by brad 2016-11-12 06:12:59)

Hello.

@timberwolf Thank you for answering my question and for giving us such a huge amount of content to download.

I am now using the latest version and have noticed that my laptop has stopped lagging.

I have more questions, and would really apreciate it if someone could help me by answering them:

1. Does anyone know why with the older versions it would make my computer and screen-reader lag? It was quite annoying.

2. I have clicked on try Sync Pro and am wondering, what's the difference between pauseing a folder, and using selective sync on it? For example, let's say I just want to download text because text is smallest, I believe it might download the fastest, (I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.) Wouldn't pausing the rest of the folders do the same thing?

3. How do I know when a folder has fully downloaded?

4. how can I check how many folders/files have downloaded?

5. What program can I use to open dot mobi and other book files?

6. Would anyone like me to either convert or copy and paste these books into dot txt format? My reasoning behind doing this is as follows: 1. The books may be smaller.

2. Everyone would be able to read them. Every laptop/PC be it Windows or mac, comes with a basic text editor.

if people want this, I would then post the books, (In a zipped folder,) on this thread using dropbox

I'm gone for real :)

2016-11-12 06:16:36

Brad
I'm going to address each question below.
1. Does anyone know why with the older versions it would make my computer and screen-reader lag? It was quite annoying.
Since the new bt sync is all web browser based, you're not actually using the program to control it. When you were in the old bt sync moving around, it tended to try and update the window too fast for a screen reader to read - or in a lot of cases make the bt sync window stop responding when it had a lot to index. This fixes that with the latest version.
2. I have clicked on try Sync Pro and am wondering, what's the difference between pauseing a folder, and using selective sync on it? For example, let's say I just want to download text because text is smallest, I believe it might download the fastest, (I could be wrong and if I am please correct me.) Wouldn't pausing the rest of the folders do the same thing?
Yes, you'd be 100 percent right there. Do keep in mind, though, that because the text files are smaller files you might not actually get full speed while downloading. Some of those files, for instance, are only a few hundred kb - actually a lot of them are like that. Selective sync would basically allow you to have placeholder files and you can download them at any time, but they would still be there ready to download at a moments notice, and you get full control of what files are downloaded.

3. What program can I use to open dot mobi and other book files?
I'm honestly not sure on the .mobi files, but in most cases there is always a duplicate format that can be opened by almost anything.
4. Would anyone like me to either convert or copy and paste these books into dot txt format? My reasoning behind doing this is as follows: 1. The books may be smaller.

2. Everyone would be able to read them. Every laptop/PC be it Windows or mac, comes with a basic text editor.

if people want this, I would then post the books, (In a zipped folder,) on this thread using dropbox
You can if you want, but that's a lot of books to first extract, go through and make sure there's not already txt files of said books, and convert, for very little gain (if any). You'd also have to somehow keep the directory structure, too.

Re: Using google drive. Well if google drive offers tb's of space for free, feel free to give that to me haha. Bt sync is person to person, too.

2016-11-12 06:37:57

Hello.

I have added a couple extra questions to my previous post. Could you answer those please?

As for changing the books from mobi and other formats like that, I'll do it but it will take me quite a while. I don't mind doing this as everyone would then be able to read them.
Don't worrie, I won't change the directory structure.

2016-11-12 07:18:04

Hi,
As far as your other two questions, there's a number after each folder. E.g. 2 of 3, etc. Clicking on that will tell you how many files left to download from each peer.
Also, at the very bottom of the main browser window when sync opens, it will give transfer speeds.
Hope that helps some.

2016-11-12 07:26:51

Hello.

@Timberwolf Thanks so much. That helped a lot.

2016-11-12 07:40:21

Hello.

I just restarted my laptop, and when I run Resilio sync service from the desktop, it gives me a problem loading page error.

What am I doing wrong?

2016-11-12 07:56:19

Hi,
Give it a while. It's set by default to start delayed.
If you want it to start right away, hit windows r to get to the run diologue, type in services.msc. In the list that shows up, navigate to the resilio sync service, right click, go to properties, and set it to automatic startup (not delayed). That should fix it.
hope that helps.

2016-11-12 08:31:41

Hello.

Thanks for that.

The program is up and running now.

I have one more question.

I installed resillio, and then I deleted bit torrent sync from my laptop and forgot to remove the keys. It says i am offline when  I look at the peers syncing content. Is there a way for me to remove myself from those peers? i've tried installing bt sync again but I can't seem to find a way of removing myself.

2016-11-12 08:34:47

Hi,
That will go away in a week or so. I wouldn't worry about it, i've had it happen too.
As long as things are transfering that shouldn't be an issue.
hth

2016-11-12 12:15:49

Hi,
Thanks for the resilio sync suggestion... it's working quite well.
A question for anyone who can answer it: I'm trying to remove a folder, anyone know how to do that?
Strangely, I don't seem able to access the folder propertys either...
Thanks,

Daniel

2016-11-12 13:24:39

To the poster wanting the fanfiction folder that sorts stories by completed stories, series, ETC.

BM6C4QDSDEOD3IXMSMIWXDJOIRHIOETXO

2016-11-12 15:06:06

Hi,
That was me and thx...

Daniel

2016-11-12 16:05:04

I'm grabbing the music folder now, It's taking a while I guess there aren't enough peers with good upload, I know how that is, I an only push at like 500KB/s but I can pull at 15MB/s. I wish they'd get that worked out so you could have better upload speeds.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-11-12 16:50:22

Hi,
My server and a few others are currently uploading, though there are quite a few people in other folders right now.
As far as folder properties, you just need to use windows explorer for that.
To remove the folder, using a suggestion I gave earlier (with NVDA shift M) in firefox, remove is one of the options that shows up once you disconnect a folder. Note that removing a folder removes it from all devices linked to your sync pro account.
thanks

2016-11-13 11:18:38

Hi,
Anyone else getting no peers for the EBooks folder?
Just wondering if it's an issue on my end, as that's the only folder that I haven't grabbed as of yet.
Thanks,

Daniel

2016-11-13 17:50:55

How do I delete a folder? I joined one that I later now think would be rather unnecessary, and is pretty big, but deleting it from Windows explorer gives access issues.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-13 18:12:08

Hi,
Delete it from bt sync first by right clicking the folder using your screen readers mouse command. Read through this thread to learn how. After that you should be able to delete it from sync.
I also urge people to please, please, please think very carefully about what folders you're wanting to join. This is a lot of data we're flinging around here so please don't join a 1 tb folder only to remove yourself from it and rejoin 2 days later. Eventually I'm hoping it won't be as big a deal, but with so little peers in each folder it takes a tole on folks internet.
Daniel: Ebooks has 19 total peers at the moment, 4 are online right now.

2016-11-13 21:03:31

Does anyone know if this still works on Mac OS X? I've been using Sync 1.3, but it started to glitch around the time Sierra came out. I've noticed that my fan activity has increased while the program was running. As a result, I've uninstalled that version. When I downloaded the newest version, I just got a window that just says "Sync empty  web content". Is this no longer a viable file sharing program on Mac? I suppose it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I have other file sharing services, and it's not like I'm syncing hundreds of gigs of data. *sigh*

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-11-13 21:22:46

hi
so, there is something i wanna know...
are the files in "TV as audio" described?

:)

2016-11-14 08:13:12

Hi,
As far as I know, most of the shows in TV aren't described, although some may be.

Daniel

2016-11-14 18:56:51

@kool_turk How big is the FanFiction BT Sync folder? I currently have the old version installed, and that won't show the size of folders until its done with the syncing.

2016-11-15 03:08:52

Hi,
Regarding mac - I really can't say, i gave up on mac a while ago (as I write this on a mac mini running windows all the way round, i know, the contradicting statements.) So far as I know, the old version still works in mac.
As far as TV things go, some shows are described, about 90 percent are not. This may change though.

2016-11-15 03:28:34

Oh well, there's always standard torrents which use the same underlying technology as far as I'm aware. UTorrent is much more accessible on Mac. *sigh*

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.