No, for dropbox is says restricted content. Maybee it was blocked from my country?

Today, is better, than yesterdday!
God bless you, a lot of mersy.
Gracias, thank you, your welcome, thumbs up, what ever, Luis Carlos. Have an awesome day!

Thumbs up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwj02g … sp=sharing

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

Well, if that happened, it also means that the SBW code was gone with the server?

Gracias, thank you, your welcome, thumbs up, what ever, Luis Carlos. Have an awesome day!

Thumbs up

not the code, no.

Thumbs up

Ah OK. I know! that's when I was tolld that the last releace was like the 8 months ago. Well, atleast SW pong was gone, but SBW not.

Thumbs up

thx , i think i have the old version of this game but i don't have this last version

Thumbs up

Hmm, for some reason the game thinks it's running version 2.6, and the changelog says that the latest is 2.7. And that has been proven, since the changes listed on 2.7 don't seem to be there.

Thumbs up

Oops, I must not have compiled 2.7. Haha

Thumbs up

can I get that somewhere?

Thumbs up

The website is back, so yes, soon you can.

Thumbs up

I have the game up for those who can access it. Original link may work.

Thumbs up

Hmm, i downloaded the latest version of this game, and even though the changelog says the newest version is 2.7, the window title reads scrolling battles 2.6. And at least most of the changes in 2.7 seem to be there, I read them in the changelog and they seemed to be effective even though the window title said version 2.6. Is the version number in the title misspelled, or something? Not sure though if all of those changes in the 2.7 changelog are there though, as the window title said version 2.6, not 2.7, so thought it was a typo.

Thumbs up

I think I forgot to change the version number in the window. big_smile

Thumbs up

hey is there a dragonball z sound pack with characters and stuff for scrolling battles rewrite?

Thumbs up

90 (edited by monkey999 2018-05-13 14:20:20)

No maybe I wil make one if you ghiv me sounds.

Sorry for my very stupit spelling and english

Thumbs up

Hi,

I just made an update for SBRW! Link will be in first post.

Thumbs up +1

92 (edited by defender 2018-05-15 10:31:40)

Glad to hear your working on SB again!

I've always enjoyed scrolling battles, even if it always gets mindless after a while, and the power gain seems to be a bit slower on this version so that helps allot.
All the environments to choose from, and the ease of customization have always been great too, and in this one the environments and weapon sounds are better than before IMO.
That said their are some persistent problems that, if possible it would be really nice to have addressed.

Number 1 for me has always been the difficulty in resetting your data. It seems like every version of every iteration of SB has had an issue where not all of it got removed, and at one point the data seemed to be stored in the registry or something rather than appdata, user root, program files [x86], my documents, or program data, so it was even more annoying to find manually, something which, a basic computer user wouldn't even know how to do...

Number 2 is balance, and while I appreciate the fact that this game was never meant to be realistic, bad balance can effect gameplay in general as I'm sure you know, so for instance in this version, for instance the fact that all weapons seem to penetrate multiple enemies which seems kinda cheap (though at least you don't fire in both directions which is even more cheap LOL) the overly long range of the spear (yes I know it should be long but it's crazy right now) uzi, diamond sword, laser, shotgun, and Shurly, very high damage of the spear again (since it continues to one shot enemies for a long time even with no melee upgrades) small laser and less high but still odd damage  of the pistol and standard MG (since it uses the same ammo is the much less powerful UZI) are a bit much considering you start out with all weapons unlocked, which is another thing that makes the game get boring pretty fast, so maybe it'd be nice if you had the choice weather to start in survival or god mode for instance?
The player helper also seems really strong too, and I think you either shouldn't get any money for kills with them, or way less.
I also noticed that you don't lose any money, ammo, etc when you die, and that, crucially, you can attack enemies from within the safezone, giving you no real incentive to get out their and fight.
Then again, you also start out so weak in terms of health that you can die instantly to several of the enemies, and in only a couple shots to for most others, so if you had a bit more staying power maybe it wouldn't be so bad... Because I quite like getting placed back in the thick of things after death rather than starting in an SZ my self, that way I've got to fight back to one.

3. It seems like some pits, such as the electric barrier and normal loud air one will kill enemies 100% of the time, which makes things kinda annoying especially with a small stage, but if that's on purpose than I understand.
Pits also seem to like spawning in the same place multiple times, not sure why...

Some suggestions and complements.
The spear, hammer, and normal machinegun all sound fucking awesome.
Same with the robots, particularly their death and walking sounds.
I'm glad you don't get money for pit deaths or SZ collisions, since I remember that being an issue a while back and obviously you didn't earn it as the player.
I would like it if slightly more items would spawn, especially now that they can be destroyed so easily, but I appreciate how the prices are well scaled to the players kill count in most situations, e.g. when buying ammo and speed.
I wish the different MG's would use different ammo, since they have such massive power differences, since otherwise their is no point in even using one over another for cost savings.
The max health items are worth a huge amount of money when converted, so not sure if you want them to be that high considering the most money I ever found was 1000...
I think the helpers should also have health, like maybe the same as yours? it's easy enough to replace them... Otherwise you can just let them do all the work and it's kinda boring. Giving them a voice and pain sounds, and death alerts would be cool too, makes them feel less robotic.

Bugs
A major issue is that once I upgraded my speed to only 50, I was able to jump and hold down left or right, and move like 80 tiles in 0.5 seconds, it was kind of insane.
I also thought I should point out that one of the enemies, the guy with an MG that's built in, not a visible one, which uses one of the AI voices from SBP and RTR (the one with the hilarious high pitched pain sound) doesn't have any taunt.
Pit one in the sounds\pit folder, "chasm" has messed up panning that goes too far over each side.
Seems like when I exit the game I sometimes lose all my ammo, which really, really sucks...
When trying to enter the minigames menu I got this, I think I had unlocked 3 or 4 games by then.

BGT Runtime Error  dialog  A runtime error occurred.
In function: double convert_to_pan(double, double, double, double)
Description: Divide by zero

Call stack size: 7

Function: double convert_to_pan(double, double, double, double)

Function: void dynamic_menu_pro::play_click_sound()

Function: int dynamic_menu_pro::run_extended(string, bool, int, bool)

Function: int dynamic_menu_pro::run(string, bool)

Function: void mgmenu()

Function: void mainmenu()

Function: void main()

Thanks for your attention...
I'll comment more on damage when I get to a higher level, since right now all my weapons pretty much one shot enemies.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Hi defender,

I started working on a new version incorperating some of your suggestions.

I fixed the reset data option. wink

I modified some weapons to make them less powerful.

Helpers will give you considerably less money.

If you can think of anything else, let me know.

Thumbs up +1

Also, weapons do way less damage in the safe zone.

Thumbs up

Sure thing, and thanks!
So I noticed that the SZ can heal you really quick at first, but also that the upgrades to restoring speed do a hole lot for the money.
Also, I think it's cool that the standard mg slows you down when using it, but the ultra mg does almost as much damage and doesn't at all, so again I think having weapon specific ammo would be good.
In the same vein, the shotgun is more powerful than the pistol but they use the same ammo.
It seems as though pits don't spawn more than 1 per stage.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Not sure what you mean by that last one.

Thumbs up

Call stack size: 7

Function: double convert_to_pan(double, double, double, double)

Function: void dynamic_menu_pro::play_click_sound()

Function: int dynamic_menu_pro::run_extended(string, bool, int, bool)

Function: int dynamic_menu_pro::run(string, bool)

Function: void mgmenu()

Function: void mainmenu()

Function: void main()

Thumbs up

I mean as in, I have at least 100 tiles of space now and still only one pit.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

99 (edited by defender 2018-05-16 05:30:05)

Hmm, okay so some thoughts.
First, I'm now getting 2 or 3 pits per stage, and I have like 250 space, so maybe the second one didn't show up for a while because it doesn't start until you play again with the new amount of space? not sure...
Second, the weapon ranges make allot more sense at higher levels now, since enemies can move so fast, but maybe the ability to add range to a weapon up to a certain point, or a passive scaling range increase based on kills would help?
third, I found the medkit power thing, didn't expect it to be in the player menu

I'd also just like to say that I really enjoy how armor changes over time as enemy power does, so you need to keep buying more. pretty cool! though the max armor percentage is I think like 85% which seems a bit high but, I still seem to get hurt quite easily anyway so maybe not?
I do still think that this game lacks allot of feeling of accomplishment even with the minigame unlocks, and that it can get really dull after a while, resulting in little replay value even with mods, so I think that having to earn weapons over time, or at least being able to set that up in the environment would be nice, no killing stuff from the sz, maybe a few more pits per level, helpers that can die or possibly get killed by friendly fire, and enemies that scale a bit better so they aren't insane at the start would help with that.
Especially the environment thing, because it could add allot of possibilities, even without platforming, dialog squares, doors, keys, etc could be fun, even if their are still stages where you can just kill everything, kinda like how AAC or 2DP does it, that way you can craft your own thing, but with enemies.
I guess maybe that's not what you wanted for SB, but at least the ability to give a player weapons over time through the store or via items, kill goals etc would be nice.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

100 (edited by Remi 2018-05-17 15:56:48)

hhhi Mason
I have some soughjestions.
can you add that surfaces can have multeple falling sounds?
if the player made a surface called Wood , for example, the player could Call the falling sounds for fall1.ogg, fall2.ogg, etc.
best regards

Remi.

If anyone wants to add me on skype, it's remikh04

Thumbs up +1