1 (edited by masonian 2016-11-20 00:54:35)

Hi guys,

So typically I start my topics out with a little background, so here we go.

Scrolling Battles was one of my very first successful games. Unfortunately, the code got very messy as my coding skills were drastically improving and changing over time. I attempted to rewrite scrolling battles some time ago last year. Unfortunately, that game was less than desirable compared to, say, SB 8.6 or below.

Fast forward to Friday, October 28. Scrolling battles was one of the very few projects I actually had fun coding and enjoyed immensely. So therefore, right after I shutdown darkflier, I decided to take it back a little bit, and try to get that old rewrite code up to par.

Here's just the beginning of what I plan to accomplish. Version 2.0 is one of the many versions to come in the near future of SB Rewrite, and it contains many new features!

All right, want a download link?

Version 2.5:

http://files.masonasons.com/SBRW25.zip

Enjoy!

Thumbs up +2

hey can you tell us more about this please?

Thumbs up

Sure. It was the first action side scroller I had ever written. It's all in the readme, keys, description, etc. If there's something specific you want to know, just write here and I'll answer.

Thumbs up

hello...
haha, nice to see this old thing back.
anyways, could you make the  environments more complex? , maybe something like we could add a sounds sorces, platform, etc?
I know this is not 2dp +maybe  those are hard to code...

Thumbs up

This is actually pretty fun, like others said though adding platforming again would be cool. Also changing between characters doesn't appear to be working, I change the stats in the info file but they don't change when playing the character.

Thumbs up

Hi mason!
can you upload it on dropbox or some other file hosting
because you haven't send the key to us to download from Mega.
Thanks
Ishan

Thumbs up

Hi.
Interesting. So, what's new in this version? Will we be able to host our own servers again, or is there only one server?

Thumbs up

It's SB, not the online SBP, so it's basically offline.

Thumbs up

Oh, I'm sorry. Lol... smile

Thumbs up

hi
how can i download this thingy?
thanks

Thumbs up

Hi,

masonasons.com now works, so the link in the first post has been changed.

Thumbs up

Hello mason.
How to open your accesy player master and all your aplications in pitchon?
I do not have un executable.
Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up

This is off topic, therefore will not be answered here.

Thumbs up

[wow], but Mason, the link didn't work for me, or is it just me?

Thumbs up

Seems my host of choice isn't being as reliable this time round. Ah well, updated the link again.

Thumbs up

and yeah, it seams my speed isn't save when I leav the game, is this normal?

Thumbs up

Hi!
Please, how to remove my previous saved data. I've tried by this option in settings, but It looks, like there is another sound file. Please, can You help me with It?
Thank You!

Thumbs up

Hi,

To remove your save data, just delete sb.dat.
Yes, speed not saving is a bug in SB version 2.0.

There was a new version released on dropbox. I will post a link in this post, but I won't update the first post, as this link here is not official.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21506578/SBRW.zip

Enjoy!

Thumbs up

I've try that, but It keep saving data also.

Thumbs up

What do you mean?

Thumbs up

Hello Mason. The game is really nice, even a bit adictive. Now we just need people to make some cool sound packs or even more enemies.

Thumbs up

Hi Caio,

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Thumbs up

For example, a data is saved also when I delete this data file. For example, music is at this level, as I set It before and also, this speedy bug is very bad.

Thumbs up

Oh, the Music volume is saved somewhere else. If you want a fix for the speed bug, download version 2.1 from the db link I posted earlier.

Thumbs up

Hello Mason.
I realy want your accessy ware please.

Thumbs up