At 49, I declare you the most envious Envy that ever did roam the forum, and I don't envy you for that in the slightest.
@50, Read post 1 and the faq, only one name change allowed on the forum.

Thumbs up +1

Nocturnus wrote:

@50, Read post 1 and the faq, only one name change allowed on the forum.

The reason I requested my username changed first was because when I applied, it changed my username from thegreatcarver, to carvernoah309, even though I filled out the username field. Now, I'd like my nickname to be finally changed to polaris. I would count this as my first name change because the automated system botched my request so I had to apply for the original nickname I wanted at the time. So... I think the one username change should apply to my switch from thegreatcarver to polaris, as this is not caused by a forum malfunction.

Thumbs up

I'm afraid Carver we must say no to this request.

it sounds as if you made an error when you filled out your registration form first time around, and this is exactly why we allow a member to get a name changed, name changing isn't intended as some sort of special privilige, after all the idea with this community as with any other is that people get to know you and you get to know them, which requires keeping the same name. The faculty to change names is there in case you have a good reason to effect a change, but should not be done lightly.

of course if there is an amazingly good reason why you think we should make an exception in your case and allow another name change please feel free to let us know (we're not so unbending as to never! change the rules), but thus far I'm afraid it just sounds like a whim on your part, after all what is then to stop you coming back in another two months and asking your name to be changed from polaris to something else.

So, unless you have a really! good reason why we should bend the rules for you, I'm afraid I must refuse.

Thumbs up

Well... I will have to disagree with you on that one. No, Polaris would be the name I would stick with. As I game with this name, it will be easier for forum users to find me on a specific game. They see a post by me as polaris. They then see me on undead Assault or something like that as polaris, and most likely will associate that name with the forum. I normally would just leave this one alone, but I feel it would make not only forum identification easier, but also in game identification. I understand why username changes are a problem. IF you just let people change there names whenever they want, it would be a disaster both for admins and users alike. But polaris would be here to stay, and you can bet money on that.

Thumbs up

While I understand the idea, it's actually quite usual to have different names  for different games.

For example, on the Ios game center I am dark tenor, my own character on Alteraeon is Thelok, on Aardwolf it is Kyrel, on Erion it is tanquest, on Cosmic rage it is Akrinax pearl grey scale  etc.

Mostly I just announce in the game across an ooc channel that I am dark from audiogames.net which lets people know, likewise when I am on this forum I just tell people whom my character is.

So while I appreciate the impuls I'm afraid I must still decline your request.

Thumbs up

56 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-06-25 19:30:13)

Oh well. All good. Still... this rool is just a little too strict for my comfort. Just about every forum I frequent offer a username change system that both limmits / discurrages the changing, but does give users leeway. So, while I respect the decision of the admins, I must respectfully disagree.

Thumbs up

Disagreement noted. We will have a think about  the current rules and if we decide to make any changes we'll let you know.

Thumbs up

Hello,
Could you please change my name from Goran yasin to just Goran?
wait, not just goran, I mean Goran alone without yasin, just, or anything else smile
Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up

I could, and I should, and I would, and I may, and I might, and I will, and I shall, and I have and I have done it!

Thumbs up

Hola, could you change username
old name: El Torro
new name: Gorila

Thumbs up

Greetings, now your all ready for Gorilla warfare big_smile.

Thumbs up