2017-02-23 02:27:55

Yeah, those level requirements are probably holdovers from when you actually used to be able to get to level 35 before doing that mission, lol. They should probably update that. Those missions are definitely a lot harder to do without 30 extra levels of HP and skills under one's belt.

I had heard that one of the plans they had after changing the exp per level was to go back to the newbie game and put in a whole bunch of mission lines around the world to encourage exploration and help make the early grind less tedious. Any news on that?

2017-02-23 09:30:06

several newbie missions are things you probably can't do until level 35 such as explore %25 of the world.
There are other missions though you can find with the missions command, and players are really rather nice about pointing you where to go for them.

Equally I'll say my progress is a bit slower than usual since I'm levelling two classes though that does have the advantage of making me generally stronger and better able to survive at hardcore which means faster xp gains generally.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-23 09:30:07

several newbie missions are things you probably can't do until level 35 such as explore %25 of the world.
There are other missions though you can find with the missions command, and players are really rather nice about pointing you where to go for them.

Equally I'll say my progress is a bit slower than usual since I'm levelling two classes though that does have the advantage of making me generally stronger and better able to survive at hardcore which means faster xp gains generally.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-23 18:09:46

There have always been missions around the world in various places. However, they were planning to both supplement and continue the newbie missions outside of the academy to make the progress of grinding at lower levels less tedious. I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet.

2017-02-24 15:45:25

Hrm, how does multiclassing exactly work?  I can't tell if I can get both chosen classes to lv 151, or if having two would set a hard limit of total 151 between the two. 

I'm also not sure which class to second in with thief.  Can't really do archer as I already use wield/held for other things so not much room (or desire) to fit a second set of weapons/held items.  Maybe I can add warrior for better direct attacks to follow up backstabs or something. hrm.

2017-02-25 17:14:48

@David, I won't disagree that more missions would be nice, though that goes for most games.

@Wyvern, I can't say to much on classes since I've only tried archer/thief thus far. I like the combo because hide and shoot make a nice combination, and I can always duel wield a dagger in my other hand if I want melee damage, although even at close range shoot is pretty good.

As for multiclassing, from what I gather you can get both classes to l150, and then start earning faux levels which are like extra stat increases, until you can get to level 151  in both classes.

The one thing I haven't quite managed to work out is whether remorting is affectively restarting with no bonuses or not, but since it will take me a while to get to level 150 I'll worry about it then.

One thing I will say, is that it seems wise to have two classes at the same level, since you only earn practices and trains for your primary class, but don't have abilities for your primary class each level, so levelling both classes together means your in a better position fo arriving at abilities fairly consistently rather than getting a bunch of abilities and nothing to train them with, plus then your progression can be relatively  (especially in hardcore).