2016-10-21 15:35:18

Heloo all, i'm using firefox on my lap-top, but it is so slow. I want to change  my brofser, and try chrome, but is it accesible and how?

2016-10-21 16:05:11

chrome is not very accessible with nvda as far as I know. if firefox is slow try disabling some addons, I noticed that webvisum tends to slow down the browser a lot.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-21 18:33:17

Opera is not accesible for us unfortunately... but can any give me list of addons for better works on firefox...

2016-10-21 18:54:47

I use internet explorer. True, most people hate it for some reason and many say it's slow, but for me it's actually faster and crashes less from firefox. For firefox, it's best to only have the addons you really need. I recommend addblock, especially because you can even change the settings so it removes the social media buttons from web pages as well.
If you are using windows 10 some people recommend Microsoft edge as well, but haven't looked into it.
There's also a browser made specificly for blind, think it's named web ie. Don't like it personaly, but test it and see if it works for you.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-10-21 20:47:44

now i use a opera, but problem is i can not open any link in new windows, when i press button for contekst menu  for some reason that not work...

2016-10-21 23:20:38 (edited by turtlepower17 2016-10-21 23:28:35)

Try disabling Flash and Java in Firefox. I can almost guarantee a more stable browsing experience. I wouldn't say faster, but you're going to encounter a lot less crashing that way at least.

You can also get an add-on called Fasterfox, it helps with memory optimization and so on.

It's true that Chrome isn't fully accessible with NVDA, but it's getting there slowly but surely. I wouldn't use it as my daily driver myself, but I have used it on occasion when Firefox was giving me trouble with certain webpages.

IE, just no. This is one thing that Microsoft is phasing out which I will be glad to see it go. It's slow, it's a resource hog, and it's not very secure. I sure am glad that I stopped using it altogether a couple of years ago.

If all else fails, you might try Vivaldi. This is a new browser that's currently in active development, and is loosely based on Firefox's code. I haven't tried it myself, and, as I said, it's pretty new and might not have all the features or add-ons you may want, but it does promise to be highly customizable and, who knows, it might run well for you. I've also heard that it's pretty accessible on one of the email lists I'm on, so you really have nothing to lose by trying it. Here's a URL for it.

https://vivaldi.com/?lang=en_US

I hope some of this info is helpful.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-10-22 17:01:22

If you have trouble with adds, you can also install ublock origin. It is an opensource addblocker, and the nice thing about it is that it doesn't have acceptable adds. You really don't want acceptable adds, websites can pay the company behind adblock, and then there adds will be "acceptable".

Roel
golfing in the kitchen