2016-10-17 10:36:13

yo.

my windows 10 pro, can not open .exe files anymore.
before everything it worked normally
I have done some research on google, but I can not solve this issue.
I've also used the anti virus but does not have negative results.
not found any kind of virus.
Does anyone know what is happening and what should I do to solve this
Some tips?
thanks.
cheers.

2016-10-17 13:18:39

Restore to the last state it was before occurring this problem.

2016-10-17 13:41:10

hi.
I have the restore off.
in the past I had major issues because of a virus.
I was advised to disable the restore.
thanks.
cheers.

2016-10-17 13:55:13

worst advice ever. why on earth would you want to disable restore? you better install a good antivirus instead. what happens when you try to open an executable file? Have you tried to open them with administrator rights?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-17 14:10:12

hi.
nothing happens.
yes, I already tried with administrator
nothing works.
thanks.

2016-10-18 10:51:40

Moderation!

I changed the subject of this topic since "I need your help" is a little unspecific and it's more likely someone with knolidge of the problem might check a topic if they know what the issue is about.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-18 19:26:25

Hi mario.
Hmmm what you probably got is this advise.
If you did have a virus, it will get into your restore points, so you should disable system restore after you clear the virus to clear the infected points.
Then turn it back on again.
By default though win10 does not use system restore which is stupid.
Have you used a recovery cd or just reformatted?
That will fix things.
I have just used the ms av but I have heard from a lot of people though not tried just yet that the sophos home 10 pc cloud licence is supposed to be really good.

2016-10-18 21:21:54

Save your important data like documents to an external drive and perform a clean install of Windows using a DVD or a USB drive. When you've installed Windows, just configure all your settings from scratch and download your programs off the internet. Starting out fresh every once in a while can actually improve performance.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-10-18 22:16:18

hi,
It is true that starting out fresh can be good sometimes.  However, 99.9% of the time it is unnecesary.
download and run the following utility. Note: if it doesn't start, run the renamed version.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/fixexec/
This will fix your problem.
After fixing the problem, download and run avira pc cleaner to clean up malware.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-10-19 15:37:04

hi enes.
sorry, it did not work.
the only way I can open exe files, is to open the properties of the file and the general tab, and check  the unlock option.
what seems to be happening is that the files .exe, are blocked by something.
I had a lot of hope in the file fix that you sent me, but unfortunately did not work.
thanks friend.
cheers.

2016-10-19 21:49:48

hi,
can you unlock this file using this method?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-10-19 21:56:43 (edited by crashmaster 2016-10-19 21:58:24)

Hi.
This actually makes sence now.
look here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2669244
This will work for external drives.
Ever since win10 has got more secure, then you have permitions, and its quite fussy with those.
That shouldn't spread to your own drive.
Is your account admin?
I'd firstly go to your computer folder in start search for computer, there should be an icon saying that.
then select each drive in turn you want to read.
right click and choose propperties.
next go to security find permitions and edit.
you want full control check all boxes for that.
hit ok.
Unclear why this is the fact.
you can do it folder by folder.
I find this a real pain especially when maintaining peoples computers with a flash drive and updaters.
What I have done is copy the files down and run them.
On the other end, I do know if a virus ever sneaks to my external it will be secure.
You definately have something going on though, maybe your virus killed something but your primary boot drive shouldn't have a blanket permition block on it.
If you unblock the file that is blocked does it stay unblocked?
If you use shortcuts will it open, I assume you are using the system so it will do that.
Forgot to mention you may need to do a windows r then type control, go to file explorer options and then in view right at the end turn off use simple sharing to get access to security.
You can turn it on later on ofcause for extra protection but you may want to leave that off just be carefull when away from the box for a while no one messes with that.

2016-10-20 06:09:08

hi enes.
yes that's what I did.
thanks.
cheers.

2016-10-20 06:21:37

hi crashmaster.
answers:
1. If you unblock the file is blocked does it stay unblocked?
r: Yes if I unlock once, it is unlocked forever.

2: If you use shortcuts will open it, I assume you are using the system so it will do that.
r: yes,  the shortcuts function normally.

ok I will try to do what you advise me.
thanks master.
cheers.

2016-10-20 12:07:53

Have you try resetting your computer back to the factory settings?