2008-02-21 16:53:38 (edited by cx2 2008-02-21 16:54:34)

Seems the guys over at BrailleSoft have released a selection of games for both pocket PC and smartphones, though the Pocket PC ones are designed for the Pac Mate so I can't vouch for how they work on other systems. The smartphone ones also seem likely to be for Windows mobile Smartphone edition, the page doesn't specify so I've shot off an email suggesting a clarification.

The games include such things as Uno, Battleships and Blackjack. Though you may have to install the "compact" version of the .net framework, there are instructions and all necessary links on the appropriate pages. And remember to do a soft reset, which is equivalent to rebooting a Pocket PC so that it can take hold properly once the framework is installed.

Disclaimer:
Neither CX2, Dark Empathy who kindly sent this to me from the Audyssey list to me due to my owning a Pac Mate, AudioGames.net, Audyssey or Freedom Scientific recommend the use of a Pac Mate or other similar and/or comparable device in the vicinity of water and/or live cannons or any other weaponry. We cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from such a situation including but not limited to-
Repairs to the device itself or other property, medical or counselling costs, loss of profit and/or earnings, or the marbles which you must have lost if you even tried it in the first place.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2008-02-21 21:20:56

LOL. good post. Lets see, I dump my PM in to the drink, and I shot it, OOPS.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

2008-02-21 21:32:42

Try sueing the water company tongue

They should really put warning labels on all taps, in Braille and have a button for those of us like me who can't read Braille so it speaks it in audio.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2008-02-22 00:00:57

Hi:

I have a smartphone and I've tried one of the games on the website for smartphones. The game isn't quite working well on it because when I tried play Word Scramble, it game me a welcome message, told me to type Y or N for yes and no but it didn't specify which soft key to hit when I finished typing. I tried enter but that did not work so that's all I can do with the game so far. Also, a message seems to pop up saying that it was designed for Mobile 5 and I hav 6 so that's another problem. I know my post sounds like all complains but if he can get the games to work properly on the phones, then I'll be really excited, happy and I'll definately enjoy them.

Game Man

Thumbs up

2008-02-22 02:51:14

I have played uno on the PM wich is running WM6.0. as far as I know, you don't use the soft keys. Also after pressing Y or N, it usally goes on to the next screen. I wonder, have you tried any other games? I'll go try that one and see if I have the same problem and get back with you. hmmm. My PM acts like a phone without the phone part some of the time, with all the soft key messages everywhere. Guess I will tern them off for now to go have some fun. Wish I could play them on my 6620.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

2008-02-22 11:46:46

Game man:
Have you tried contacting the developer? He should be able to help more than us.

Also I believe smartphones use an actual different version of Windows Mobile so I'm not sure even if you use the new PM Omni it is actually anything like a smartphone, I think recent PDAs have soft keys too.

cx2
-----

Thumbs up

2008-02-22 18:53:42

Well, if you need a special softwhare to run these games on a smart, then that will be hard to find.  What's worse, is that when I had a smart phone, they didn't have that many games.  Now that things have changed, they have more games?  Thats crazy.  To tell you the truth, I just the games from different game systems would be good for us because the games for the blind are good but miss a whole lot of stuff.  `

Thumbs up

2011-06-17 04:52:59 (edited by gillian001 2011-06-17 04:54:05)

The games include such things as Uno, Battleships and Blackjack. Though you may have to install the

ipad2 smart cover ipad 2 keyboard ipad 2 covers

Thumbs up