2016-09-26 18:47:50

Hello,
I'd like to create my own vm ware virtual machine containing DOS and possibly windows 3.1. How would I go about this? I have some dos 6.22 boot floppy images, a jaws setup file and a brailnspeak emulator to capture speech from the vm and send it to nvda. How would I get a screenreader talking at the DOS prompt, and once that is working, how do I install windows on top of that and install another screenreader?

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2016-09-28 04:08:56

you don't need that, just get talking dosbox from http://batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/

2016-09-28 12:31:35

Hi.
Why would you do that and create a virtual machine? You can just get the talking dosbox which already has jaws, flipper and asap integrated as three different screen readers, but to be quite honest, asap is the one you should use.
Keep in mind though that if you want to use asap, you need to install another program, not in dos, but on your normal OS, but in the manual on the talking dosbox, their is also a part regarding that other program.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-09-28 16:35:35

I know about talking dos box, and I just want to make a virtual machine to see how it's done, I'm simply curious how people set up there DOS machines back in the day

Roel
golfing in the kitchen