2016-09-24 03:08:30 (edited by Figment 2016-09-24 03:17:46)

Moderators, I'm putting this in off topic because the installer I'm looking for isn't for a game. If you'd still prefer that this thread be in the Developers forum, feel free to move it, and please accept my apologies for posting it in the wrong place.

I will soon be needing an installer to package some software I've been working on that's nearing completion.

Years ago I used to use an installer called Astrum Install Wizard, but the company that nade it, Thraex Software, doesn't appear to be in business any more, at least their web site appears to be down, and the last version of the installer that is available anywhere, v2.29.50, was released in 2012. So I need to find a new installer.

I don't need anything that does everything but the dishes, I just need something simple and effective. Both the install builder and the installers it builds need to be accessible. It doesn't need to be free, I'm willing to pay for something that I like.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2016-09-24 04:19:11

Ino setup all the way.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-09-24 15:02:08

iexpress?  I don't know if it's still packaged with windows or not, and the only reason I mention it is because it is just a simple
packager for all intents and purposes and doesn't require buying anything extra.  If you're running windows 7 you should be in good shape; no idea about any later versions of windows.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.