2016-09-16 21:50:03 (edited by Nuno 2016-12-23 22:12:40)

Hello!
I know there's a topic in New Releases about this game, but hmmm: It got quite spammed so I am creating a new one. I am now an experienced player of this game, so I can help you with the setup and other stuff.
1. What is The Return Of The King?
The Return of the king is a MMORPG audiogame produced by a chinese company
2. Downloading the game
Mega links are dead due to the fact that the game in there got outdated. I have found a way to download from baidu
So: game's new link
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1c1PlQhy
Now: How to download from Baidu?
You have to have the extension that is called tamper monkey, it is a powerful scripting tool users are creating scripts for this. You can get it from
www.tampermonkey.net
When you install the app, download the baidu helper script from
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7382- … ed423/code
When you have this installed, I recommend you downloading DAM it will definitely help with the low download speed. OK, so when you are done with that, launch the link and select the link with the 1,48G in brackets. It will begin the download
You'll also have to have Locale Emulator found here:
And QTranslate, thanks Orin for mentioning this last one. Haha
https://quest-app.appspot.com/download Here
OK, if you have downloaded everything needed make sure you follow these instructions correctly
1. Extract the game
2. Change the game's chinese folder to folder having only english character for example
c:\games\rotk
3. Copy the wzgl-patch.exe file into main game's directory
4. Launch the patch file and select the option with ALT+I
5. Wait for the patch to finish applying, close the window
6. Install locale emulator
a: Extract the locale emulator zip file
b: Run le_installer.exe, select install upgrade
c: When it'll say successfully created, close the window and run legui.exe
7. Back to game's directory go to the end by pressing the end key, you will have a chinese executable, press context menu on it, select locale emulator from the menu and select run with application profile
8. You will be prompted that there is a new version of the game, select OK it will download
9. The game should launch normally, if not there will be a file caled updatepatch.exe in your game's directory, use it like wzgl-patch.exe before
10. The game must launch normally now, remember to launch the game's executable using Locale Emulattor
11. From the main menu select sign up
12. Browser window will pop-up, search for e-mail edit box, type your valid mail tab two times to the button and press it
13. Wait for the email with the ID copy it somewhere and back to the registration window
14. Enter this ID in the second box, one tab from the e-mail box, tab two times, enter
15. Now Password fields will appear, in first field enter your password, in the second one repeat it
16. Press enter
17. If everything were OK, you should see your email address as the heading on the webpage
18. Back to the game itself and select create role.
a: Dadi account: Type the email you have entered in signup process
b: Dadi password: Enter the password you have provided in the sign up form
C: Screen name: Your nick in game
d: Role type: Your class the list is as follows
Warrior male,
Warrior Female,
Mage Male,
Mage Female,
Ranger male,
Ranger female,
Summoner male,
Summoner female,
If you have selected your class select OK and your accound should be created
3. Hotkeys
Arrows: Move
Q, E: Switch between equipment categories: Items, armour, weapons, skills
A, D: Switch between elements in categories
Tab: Focuses on an npc or enemy
RCTRL: Target lock, useful if you want to give item to someone or cast a spell that needs special targetting

How to play?
OK, so we have the game setup and character created. Now sign in. You will hear some chinese speech, interrupt it with ctrl key then go 5 steps north, you will receive your basic set.
N
o
t
e
All needed info that I have missed now will be posted in post 1

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-09-16 22:38:07

do the copy bug has been fix?
it was right shift+c , but it's  not working
we can't just play it without  translator software

2016-09-16 22:44:43

It was fixed partially, you can translate menues chat messages and stuff, but pressing tab and shift c won't traslate

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2016-09-16 23:01:22

could you maybe try to  contact the developer soon?
tab is a quite inporten key big_smile

2016-09-16 23:17:46

questions.
1. what do you do in this game?
2. i heard it's chat is spammy, can you turn it off?
3.  what are differentses in classes?
4. are there any quests?
5. how much, if at all of the game is translatable?
6. are there any pk in it?
7. if there is pk, can i have an option to turn it off?
8. is it an rpg, or stuff like alter aeon?

2016-09-17 00:27:35

Hello folks. Every time I try to download the game from the webpage, I got a sort of overload error. Can someone upload it to dropbox please?
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-09-17 02:29:05

Hello
I got up to receive the code via email.
Then I put the code, and I hit enter me moves the focus to the edit box where I put my email.
I have tried several times, even with multiple codes.
this  is a problem with my email?
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-09-17 04:16:29

hello:
@amerikranian:
I will try to answer some of your question:
1. what do you do in this game?
well, there's many thing to do, battleing monsters, exploring, doing task/quest, grouping with others.
2. i heard it's chat is spammy, can you turn it off?
yes sure.
3.  what are differentses in classes?
diffrent skill,  diffrent weapon, and maybe diffrent playstyle? , lol not sure, I just play with warrior classes.
4. are there any quests?
yeah, there's many quest, ranging from the easyest to the hardest.
5. how much, if at all of the game is translatable?
this one am not sure.
6. are there any pk in it?
yes sure.
7. if there is pk, can i have an option to turn it off?
yep.
8. is it an rpg, or stuff like alter aeon?
yes this is an rpg, alter aeon too, the   diffrences is, alter aeon is a mud, and this game is an MMORPG, so don't need to type stuff like on alter aeon, you could walk around useing arrow keys, for example, not by typeing north, east, etc

2016-09-17 05:37:44

Shouldn't you add QTranslate to the requirements for the game?

2016-09-17 10:03:33

@orin Ah, you are right
@americranian
Almost everything is translatable, only these things I've mentioned in the first post aren't.

2016-09-17 12:10:32

what on earth? get an executable not found when trying to run the patch.

devin

2016-09-17 12:18:31

Hi.
Thanks so much Nuno for writing this. I think it's time to give it a try in the nearest future. Question: Is there language channels on the chat so we don't disturb the other players by speaking english?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-17 17:52:44

Unfortunatelly no, but we can communicate in the team if we will be in one

2016-09-17 18:35:50 (edited by Orin 2016-09-17 20:07:39)

I'm not sure why the patch won't install. It is in the main ROTK folder, which is what I named the Chinese folder, but says it can't find the executable.
I get the following:
Windows cannot find '═⌡╒▀╣Θ└┤.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
again.

2016-09-17 20:29:49

You have to put it in the directory where the game's executable is located, try launching it as admin. It should help too

2016-09-17 20:35:39

Wondering if someone can make a recording of this game to show some of the cooler parts? When I tried it a while back, it didn't seem very exciting to me... and not a lot seem to be explained very well. The theme and universe also seemed pretty shallow and not as deep or serious as I like MMO rpgs to be. And maybe it was just my stats at the time, but the combat felt clunky as well. But might tgive it a try though, it the problem was just me not spending enough time with it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-09-17 20:55:18

It is there. Apparently someone said that the error comes up, but apparently it updates anyhow.
When I run the executable with LocaleEmulator, it comes up saying it can't connect to the server with a -1 error.
The patch file is in the same directory. I also just ran with admin, same results.

2016-09-17 21:04:44

@assault Hi, yes I will do a recording of the boss fight as soon as I will get out of ghost world big_smile.
@orin, maybe the server is down?

2016-09-17 21:06:35

Sorry for double posting
@assaultFreak, I recommend trying it, beginnings aren't cool I admit but later it will get more exciting. Big world to immerse in, alot of items, armor and weapons to collect, quest to complete, dangerous bosess to extinguish

2016-09-17 21:20:30

I'll have to see. The game isn't all that clear on how to progress, and if there was a tutorial that would probably help a lot. but I'll have to see again... looking forward to the recording!

2016-09-17 21:21:32

Hmm, on game's webpage there are a plenty of tutorials, also: You know chinese, right? It will help us alot, looking forward to have you in my team!

2016-09-17 23:56:35

yes, I know Chinese, but nothing that can't already be translated. lol And when you say the game's page, you mean the game's chinese page? Or the page you created for the game?

2016-09-18 00:02:22

Would also like to see a recording on this if only to see whether it's worth playing or not. While I'd love perfectly translated menus and story I know that won't happen, but I would like to know if I can understand the translation well enough to play with little trouble. I don't want to get invested only to reach a certain point and have no way forward.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2016-09-18 04:43:17

rofl yeah, the combat is quite klunky at the first time, I tryed to hit the enemy, but it seams  it miss or something, now im level 9, now the combat is mutch better, make sure to lock your enemy and track it, so your char will automaticly walk to the enemy, but in some situation , you may need to dodge enemy's attack, so don't track them. oh yeah, there's a recording on the game's directory, but it's  on chinese, so...
I still waiting until the tab key is        translatable,.

2016-09-18 07:23:29

Yeah, +1 for a recording here. If someone can even explain what they're doing that'd be even better. I have seen a couple recordings around, but had absolutely no idea what was going on.