2008-02-15 13:58:29

Hmmm, well unless you live near a big lake, it's not something you'll be doing frequently anyway. I myself have been waterskeeing and driven a jet skee, ---- all be it with someone giving me directions (though you don't really have that much direction at waterskeeing anyway.

Personally though, I prefer going at my own power, in a kayak or similar anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-02-15 23:33:09

ah yes thanks Dark, at my camp they do let us drive say row or paddle boats by ourselves, even though I would rather play the drum set then boat around a small disgusting lake

Connor

2008-02-16 01:30:48

Well, if you boat successfully enough, the disgustingness of the lake shouldn't effect you too much ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-02-16 05:39:55

Lol god. It really is grose I go to the same camp CJ (lobviously?), and umm. it ain't a picnic when it comes to that. Granted it was fun when I got soked, no idea how (cant remember), but I was drenched to the skin in pretty fowl water. Still cool though, and yeah I agree. Swimming in the pool or something would be better than boating. Lol imagine, CJ swimming in that lake? Ewwww!

2008-02-17 05:10:50

def but I hate most of the staff there, even that pete guy,
he was such a ****&*
also, I don't know the free swims in that so called "awesome pool" were so cool after all
for me at least

Connor

2008-02-17 06:53:50

Lol i kept bumping into people. its sorta hard to know where people are, they move so quickly the time i move out of the way, i end of ramming sometimes into people anyway, because... Its confusing and i'd rather not go into details.

Lol this is offtopic now though, I think...

2008-02-17 17:39:16

yeah sorry, but still, like I mean I do the "doggy paddle" and there have been a few inappropriate collisions in all public pools, not just at camp, I mean its awkward if you know what I mean.

Connor

2008-02-17 19:04:02

It really is quite awkward I agree with you on that point CJ.

In our town's pool I clash into like 15 people a day lol

2008-02-17 19:19:33

Now that might be something to invent! A sonar sensor for underwater!

Not that it makes much difference to me personally, never could get the hang of swimming.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-02-17 22:29:54

Yeah. A cool invention eh?  A sonar system. bleep bleep. right. bleep bleep. left. rofl!

2008-02-17 23:17:09

Or some type of vibration output lol.

Still better than taking your cane underwater, or teaching your guide dog to swim... Now how about that one?

Guide dolphins? Guide tuna? lol.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-02-18 03:32:27

Lol I can see it now. Come on guide dog. Lets go and drown ye in that lake! Ready? Set? drown!

Lol. Come on dog, lets go plunge in there. ready?set?go! plunge! arf! arf arf arf! arf... dead...

2008-02-18 04:40:34

LOL. I can also see someone sticking their cane where it doesn't go, so please don't take it in the pool unless you want to take that risk. It would be nice to have a gps/sonar thingy thow.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral