2008-02-09 00:37:53

What is everyones favorite parts of the HP books? Also, who are everyones favorit characters in the books? I like some of fred's and jorge's jokes in the fifth book. The fireworks were great. Anyway, the movies leave out to much

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-02-11 00:57:24

yeah I stopped seeing the movies
but I love that big fight at the ministry at the end of the fifth book
plus, the end of the last one, it's something else

Connor

2008-02-11 04:46:54

The end of the last one was certainly something, I like all of them equally as much.

But when the "dark lord" is killed in a certain book (i'm not saying which one), it's really amazing how it works. Deathly Hallows is my favorite, I just reread it on my Braille+ just for the heck of it. But i really like what CJ said as well

2008-02-14 23:51:53

yeah the seventh one, quite a book.
I got it the day it came out on
www.bookshare.org
if your not subscribed to that sight, you should

Connor

2008-02-15 00:55:04

Yeah but it's 50dollars.

2008-02-15 21:32:54

that last book is one of those, that will keep you reading until the end. The more I think about it, the more the books seem like a chess game. Think about how the dark lord was defeated. I want say how, but wands played a big part. One thing I liked in the fifth book, was the time that fred and jorage told peves to give Umreadge heck, right before they left the school.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-02-15 23:30:32 (edited by CJ 2008-02-15 23:31:19)

yeah and the da meetings

Connor

2008-02-16 05:44:02

Yeah the DA meetings those were cool!

The whole series is cool all around though, so I dunno. A terrible series is A series of unfortunate events, i read all the books just because I could--I wouldnt read them if I hadnt forced myself. After the third one it's kinda old...

2008-02-16 08:44:43 (edited by arjan 2008-02-16 08:45:10)

most of the fifth book is fantastic and chapters 30 to the end of the 7th is also quite something. Plus the visit to the city where Harry and his parents were born, hmm, I'm bad t converting dutch harry potter names to english, and where they got attacked by Nagini, that was way scary.

2008-02-16 20:49:52

The entire thing was scarey. I liked the entire series though.

2008-02-17 05:07:09

yeah, that series was a complete success, also yeah Andy, the Series of Unfortunate Events was good when I read it, but horrible thinking back on it, I didn't even finish the series

Connor

2008-02-17 06:55:39

It was a good series but it really got boring after the 6th or 7th book. All it is is that idiot CountOlaf in disguise, and the 3 orphans revealing his false name and stuff to the others. Really stupid, but if ya wanna check them out its by Lemony Snicket. Crap? Yes...

2011-07-16 15:40:07

Part two of the deathly hollows movie came out in the theater the other day. How good in true to the book did this part of the movie remain? Think I might go see it, when I can, just so I can hear mrs. weasly cuss or maybe to see hogwarts at war.

DropBox Referral

2011-07-16 19:07:24

They basically decided they didn't like how the seventh book ended and rewrote a lot of it.
Ok, so maybe I exaggerate a little.

They added some things that I think were decent additions, but generally speaking I think most of the changes come down to they thought they could do it better.

And the Dumbledore backstory is hardly touched upon at all. Considering that that was one of my favorite elements of the book, I am not pleased.

Also, the giant action sequences tend to feature pretty little dialog, and differ enough from the descriptions in the book that anyone trying to watch the movie without good enough vision will want descriptions. I had several "... Ok, what is going on?" moments.

But, yeah, action sequences abound.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-07-17 13:11:54 (edited by lauren.downie96 2011-07-17 20:18:06)

sad
I am going to the cinimar to see the last film tonight and am bringing tishues with me for sure. I'm going to cry sad If anyone knows or listens to the soundtracks, they're using reunion of friends from chamber of secrets at the end of this one. I cry every time I hear that soundtrack now and I am not the crying type. sad I can't believe it's ending.
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-17 15:30:52

So I'm not the only one that liked the back story of Dumbledore. It explained to some degree why he worked at hogwarts instead of any where else. Does the movie show why he trusted snape? All I will say about stape for those who haven't read this book yet is that you need to know about snapes pass and what if any thing Dumbledore is holding over snape's head before you can find out why he would trust snape.

DropBox Referral

2011-07-17 20:49:02

Hi,
I saw the movie, and, well, I'll say this. I'm a man and I got tearful at a couple of the scenes, not saying where, but if you've read the books, I'll let you all guess.
Yes, it shows why dumbledore trusted snape, that part was a bit short though.
Also, I think they didn't touch on dumbledore because they probably thought that people might get bored if there's too any backstories. Shame really, but not too bad either.
Also, I fvthink some of the scenes in there that they altered were rather good editions. The way they did some things made more sence.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
The grey lady scene comes to mind here, as well, she's a hogwarts ghost, and you'd think she knows the goings on there. The book showed a very good backstory though that the film doesn't have, but the things they do, they do well.

2011-07-18 08:24:43

i've seen it and yes, I cried a lot lol.
It's amazing!!!! I love this film and can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-19 01:19:13

Hi Cae,
I saw it and I was hardly impressed. They did a good job with the first movie, but the second seemed a little flat some how. They did completely rewrote one of the most important parts of the whole story, and Hermione and ROn never asked Harry about the wand. Then I got completely lost after Harry returned from the forest.

Best Regards,
Hayden