2016-09-02 18:16:06

ROFL Mayana!  Yeah it seems like a few events mixed that normally shouldn't, or at the very least, the lowered morale that was going to cause the mutiny should have canceled with the rising morale from finding treasure.  I'll look in to that.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-09-02 18:47:01

My groop had no food at all, so of corse the morale dropped, but those idiots decided to take revenge on me before relising that we just found something they should be happy for. Bleh, it's not my fault that we crashed in so many rocks, Ryder was the one driving this damn ship!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-09-02 20:57:27

Hi,
the game say's "your xy" to everything if you are on one of your own things but (i mean in the list of things for the next roll).
Right now i have more then 70000 food and more then 600 of every material, maybe a more dangerous land should be added or something like that? Or something you can invest in?

2016-09-02 21:01:05

7000 food, 600 material? If you don't mind me asking, how'd you do that? I allways die before I could get that much. Guess I'm just terrible then?

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-09-02 21:23:31

I think you just need some luck at the beginning so you can buy 5 more people and buy 2 ship-upgrades, after that you can afford the next update very fast and fill your crew up and with 20 people and 100 ship hit points nothing can really kill you.

2016-09-03 00:37:46

Viktor I've never come close to what you've accomplished, haha!  You clearly have this game figured out sir.  big_smile

I'm not sure what you mean about the "your xy" thing.  If possible can you paste one of those pages here for me to read?

Well you definitely have proven that more difficult places need to be added, or something.

Dark, I still need to email you.  I've been out of the house all day so I haven't had a chance to do so.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-09-03 07:21:41

@Aprone, when you have some time, I'm actually not in a hurry at the second, one reason for the humungus site update yesteerday.
I can actually see how Victor did so well, since thus far I've mostly been killed by attacking things, get tough enough to take on fights and you'd be going fine, since once you'd got a bunch of loyal shops you could just cruise aroundbeing given things.

There are several checks you could bring in both to stop this sort of thing, and stop the game getting uninteresting.
Firstly,  how about some pirates? After all a ship cruising around with all that cargo would attract some interest.
Secondly, how about some long term goals that require a large amount of resources to complete.

For example,we keep seeig those ancient ruins that are obviously full of loot, well how about repopulating them? or starting an archaeological dig? or how about building or crewing your own ship supply yard or tavern.

I also definitely like the idea of combining things with blazing in some way, and again that would limit things since if your crew occasionally toddled off xploring (likely having to take some food, coal, lumber,  gold and tools with them), obviously you couldn't build up that huge a crew streight off.

Either way, lots of places to go with the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-03 09:29:14

i don't know, i seem to just get started, then either i hit those damned thieves that kill me and my crew, or something destroys my ship before i can gain anything much to help fix it, ... ahaha. it's soooo damn anoying! but i'm nothing if not persistent! i'm gunna play this game till i get somewhere! tongue

2016-09-03 09:39:54

I do have a question though aprone, or anybody else who has figured it out. when you own shops loyalty, the supplies they gather for your next visit. is the amount they gather based on time passing, how many dice rolls you've performed before getting back to them, how many other people land on them, or something else? just curious to know if slowing my dice rolling down at all, IE time based or people passing based or something else, would increase the amount gathered at each stop over.

2016-09-03 10:40:10

@aprone:
I mean if you own a place you get the following thing for example:
The next 6 spaces that lie ahead of you are Your Tool shop, Your Small farm, Your Blacksmith, Your High winds, Your Smeltery, and Your Fish market.
None of these are from me and I dubt you can own high winds :d

2016-09-03 17:15:33

ok, i think i found a small bug? i crossed from one land to another, and had to deal with a squid on the way. 11 of my 21 or so crew died, and suddenly, from a level of 38 out of 40 i was down to minus 7 crew morale! so of coures, i then lost the game, even though i had a huge crew left, and loads and loads of stuff that i'd built up!

2016-09-03 17:17:49

oh, and just for reference, a little before i made said trip, here's what i had.

Your ship's health is 75 of 75
Your crew's morale is 33 of 40, which is good.
You have 725 gold coins.

Inventory:
650 lumber
18 stone
5182 food (1 consumed per move, 21 consumed on ocean)
111 cloth
222 coal
20 iron
23 tools

Your ship has 20 crewmen aboard.
Madalyn (+1/+2 cannons)
Heidi (+1/+2 cannons)
Fabian (20% +1 morale)
Braden (+1/+1 fighting)
Marshall (+0/+2 fighting)
Chelsea (20% +1 morale)
Casey (+5 max morale)
Edward (+1/+2 cannons)
Annika (+5 max morale)
Alexander (+1/+1 fighting)
Francisco (+0/+2 fighting)
Philip (+1/+1 fighting)
Reece (+0/+2 fighting)
Denise (+1/+2 cannons)
Porter (+1/+1 fighting)
Blake (+1/+2 cannons)
Greyson (+1 navigate)
Taylor (+1/+1 fighting)
Raul (+1/+2 cannons)
Brooke (+1 navigate)

2016-09-03 17:46:16

Keba I figured out what happened with that Squid attack.  Normally a victory in battle cannot lower morale below 1, because while the crew may be sad about the people who were lost, they did just kill a huge sea monster.  The bug came into how the game removes the bonuses of the crew.  You had a few crew members who raise the maximum morale, their deaths were the problem.  Basically morale dropped as each of those 11 crewmen were eaten by the squid (a horrible way to go), but the game stopped lowering the value once it reached 1.  As the morale boosting ones died, 5 morale was removed from the crew just to remove the bonus they were responsible for.

I have fixed the code to prevent that from happening again, and I do apologize for your crew throwing you into the sea.  smile

When it comes to shop loyalty, it is based on how many rolls (moves) you have made.  Each time you roll, all of your loyal shops generate some small fraction of a resource and add it to their total.  By the time you make your way back to the place, those tiny amounts have usually added up to something useful.

To the people who are now dominating the game, have you noticed specific things about the game that are making it too easy?  Like for example, should you spend 1 food per crew even when going around the lands?  Do loyal shops give too many resources?  Should ship upgrades be more expensive?  I haven't done as well at the game as you guys, so you may have noticed some things I would normally have to guess on.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-09-03 17:54:41

well, considering how built up i got, you'd think it was too easy. far from it. it took hours and hours and bloody hours! of clicking roll dice. ahaha
if anything, the one thing that anoys me, is when i die and have to start over, the fact that all my effort is gone in an instant is very touch. i'd say to make it so that the shops and such things you've invested in, remain yours so you can get back on your feet. after all, if you have a few people in the game running around the lands, they're going to make it possible to take them off you again anyways. it's very hard to get off the ground at the moment, and means a huge amount of time spent simply clicking roll dice and nothing more, for hours on end. lol. and most of the time, excepting that last one round, i was basically dieing within 10 to 20 mins anyways. so getting no where fast. if anything, it's the crew morale that's giving me some of the most trouble. it's for ever running down and getting me thrown out.perhaps you should gain morale for collecting over a set amount at your shops or something. something extra to help you keep that morale up. kind of like a boost to the crew for gathering up some more good stuff for their work. perhaps if you sell enough of one item you'd gain a bit too. sort of like a pay off to the crew for a good job.

2016-09-03 18:29:22

Keba, because it was a quick adjustment to make, now each time you land on a loyal shop your crew's morale will increase by 1.  I agree that stopping in and receiving free supplies from a shop would probably be a happy thing.

I find myself continually torn between resetting loyal lands when you die, and keeping them under your control.  I share Dark's concerns, which is why I've reset shops when you die, but I'm wondering if there is middle ground somewhere.  What if I removed the 3-visit protection that keeps shops under your control for a minimum of 3 visits by other players?  I don't actually know much that is coming in to play anyway.  If it were easier for players to lose shops to Other players, it might not be so risky to keep them loyal after death.  Even with that change, there might need to be some other way to balance things so 1 or 2 guys don't always own everything.

I'm open to ideas.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-09-03 18:48:54

i think it's good you have it so that after 3 visits from other players, they have the chance to purchase it out from under you, ... if they have the supplies to do so of course. lol. and the thing is, baring in mind, that as you have more and more people playing on here, it's going to mean that it won't take long for 3 visits to happen, and suddenly, your shops are disappearing, forcing you to purchase them back. so i really don't think it's going to be much of a problem, keeping them after death / being chucked overboard, because you still have the chance that others could purchase them out before you can get to them.
although, as an interesting point, you may have to increase it later on down the track, to 5 visits or something, before they can be purchased out from under you, when you do have more on the server. lol. cause it could well get to the point that you have enough people running around to basically take a shop before you can even make it one time around the land! ahaha

2016-09-03 19:04:08 (edited by keba 2016-09-03 19:34:14)

btw aprone, yes, that single change, IE getting a point of morale for each pickup of supplies, has fixed that problem nicely. still seeing it drop down sometimes, but while i am still collecting, they're staying nice and happy now! ahaha.
oh, and as of this edit, ... wow!

It took some doing but all cargo was moved over and the new ship is starting to look like home.
You have lost 100 gold. You have lost -80 lumber. The ship of the line is the biggest ship around. It has a thick hull, several cannons, and large sails. The morale of your crew has risen.
mewahahahaa. come en ggeh me now, little cannon towers!

2017-02-10 22:07:33

Hey, I can't get the game to come up/download. I hit the link you put up to get it in post 1 and I get the game redirect page, but it just sits on that page and doesn't go anywhere. I clicked for your website and it isn't listed there at all. Any suggestions? And a little unclear, is this for browser/windows or IOS device?

2017-02-11 09:02:00

The god of strategies, lol!:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-02-11 19:13:16

Confirmed, using latest version of Firefox, game gets stuck on the redirect page. I can't believe I somehow missed this game though, so hope to play it when it comes back up.

2017-02-11 19:31:36

Oh sorry guys, I closed down Blazing and Seven Shores because I didn't see people playing it anymore.  It didn't seem to make sense to run those 2 servers if they weren't being used.  tongue

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-02-11 19:31:57

I just emailed Aprone to see about checking the links for both Seven Shores and Blazing and see if they can be updated or added to the games page of the main website, along with the issue for firefox and internet explorer.

2017-02-12 01:14:55

@kithri: aprone has just responded, look at post 46 in this topic. IT appears the games got closed down as they weren't being played.
@Aprone: have you possibly thought about releasing these, in a modified form without gamer accounts code and stuff for obvious reasons, don't want people taking that, but anyway, if there was a version that people might be able to host/add stuff to it? These are small browser games that are fun. Even if, say, someone just wanted to host it for archival purposes? I could ask the guys at pg13 if they'd be interested in such a thing as we have servers, but before I dare do that, I'll wait for you to respond with a yes or no.

2017-02-12 13:11:41 (edited by Valmorian 2017-02-12 13:16:47)

don't no how I never saw this, wish I could have played it!

2017-02-12 20:18:32

I've just posted the server for Blazing, and after lunch I'm going to change over Seven Shores so people can run their own servers of that too.

- Aprone
Aprone's software