2016-08-27 15:54:23

Hello everyone.
I've recently acquired an old, second hand braille display called "Braillex El 40 P C-Rev. 3.06". It works alright with both Jaws and NVDA, but a serious problem is panning. I have fiddled with every button and knob, but they do anything but panning. So I just have access to first 40 characters of each line. Is there anything I can do to solve this? I'll be really grateful for any help.
Thanks and have a good day.

2016-08-28 11:21:56

To help you out, I have just taken a look at the key bindings for that braille display as coded into JAWS. The JAWS keystroke bindings refer to keys labelled in the JAWS scripts as F1 and F5 to pan backwards and forwards respectively. I would go into JAWS Keyboard Help Mode and try and work out wha they refer to. Also, take a look at the default.jss and default.jkm files to see if you can discover anything from reading the relevant information from there.

2016-08-28 11:22:56

It is also possible that the keys are faulty. It may be beneficial for you to contact the person from whom you purchased the device to verify how they accomplished this task.

2016-08-28 12:21:35

Thank you so much! I didn't exactly find the f1 and f5 keys, but I assigned f2 and f6 to left and right panning. Your help is greatly appreachiated. smile

2016-08-28 12:51:49

I have a display myself for which there seem to be certain commands, but there are no keys on the display that could possibly relate to the commands. What I suspect is that keystrokes are made but not tested, or keystrokes are copied from other braille displays from the same manufacturer.