2016-08-26 04:37:03

good afternoon! when you try to download the game I get a 404 error please correct or remove it from the list of games.

2016-08-26 04:54:11

Hello Lion, and welcome to the forum!
I believe that this game was discontinued by the developer, but that there is work being done with deathmatch project alpha. I'm currently unsure of the status regarding project alpha or anything else deathmatch, as I haven't followed the topic since march or april of this year.
That topic is rather lengthy though, so reading the last 2 to 4 pages of posts would be a good thing to do, depending on your preference. I'm actually going to head over after posting this reply and catch up on the discussion myself.
Again, welcome to the audiogames.net comunity, please enjoy the sight and the forum. There's definitely loads of cool games and forum topics here to check out and read.
Best Regards,
Rob

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2016-08-26 05:52:41

Actually, Danny has discontinued all his games, and has no plans on developing them anymore.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-08-26 07:15:47

I  knew project alpha was discontinued, but I'm not sure what happened to new beginning since the game was  completely finished and playable.

I can't do anything right now as I'm at music school and severely lacking time, but when I get back next week I'll investigate.

If necessary the game might be given an "unknown" license and a note that it's distcontinued and unavailable anywhere, but that would be rather sad.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-08-26 12:11:49

Actually, Project Alpha wasn't discontinued. That's DMNB that was.

2016-08-26 22:23:58

Okay, I checked the website at  http://realitysoftware.noip.us/

And while there are still links to download snowrace  and Deathmatch project alpha,  the downloads of the files do not work. I would

I really hope that either Danny will hosting the files, or better still still supports those games even if dmnb is no longer under development.
If not, it'd be nice if someone else could please give perminant hosting.

I for one really liked Danny's games, and thought they all had great design and were well put together. Dmnb had a lot of promise as a starting mmorpg with all the different elements being added, and project alpha is a very well done story driven side scroller with a good space atmosphere and some really nasty aliens, plus a level creator as well.

Snowrace was extremely well designed, though I confess it didn't appeal to me as much but that's simply because I am not quite as much a fan of racing or sports games.

Whatever Danny does in the future I do hope that like Terraformers and DanZ's games, he lets his work be available to posterity.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-08-26 23:15:13

Though Danny has pretty much left the audio gaming scene, and I believe (and do not quote me on this) that he does not want his games being distributed. Or maybe that was fortunes Fronteer.