2008-02-04 16:52:46

Hello,
I am looking for multiplayer action games playable on the same computer.
Do you know some good ones ?
Do you think this kind of game is required by audiogamers ?
by advance, thanks.

2008-02-04 17:15:41

Hmmm, well I don't think there are actually any such games available, everything is either online or network play. also, I can't actually see how you'd have two people playing an audio game simultaniously. Imagine troopanum for example, ---- do the spaceships pan around Player 1 or player 2? what when the players are on opposite sides?

It would I think be quite possible to have an audio game in which players took turns, but because in audio the player is the focus of all information, i don't really see how you'd have two players without two sets of speakers or headphones, which logically implies two computers.

Also even if such a thing was made possible, it'd probably have a very limited audience, ---- since I think, ---- sinse I live on my own, it's certainly not something I could take advantage of at all.

appologies for the negative post here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-02-04 17:21:54

Thank you very much, Dark Empathy for this answer.
Do you know about a Jim Kitchen Pong Game ? I do not know if it is a solo game or a multi player one.

2008-02-04 17:34:45 (edited by sabrina 2008-02-04 20:56:21)

Yes, it's a solo game. It is very great I think. I

I live to crochet!

2008-02-04 17:46:13

Thanks, Sabrina.

2008-02-04 21:13:31

hey man I got one
tick tack toe or however that's spelled from pbgames
of course that isn't up now, but you could contact philip benefall (sorry I don't know how to spell that ither) and get it from him

Connor

2008-02-04 22:08:57

Hmmm, I don't think that counts precisely as an action game, ---- more an adapted board game.

there are quite a few games like that, ---- a good many of jim kitchin's for example, (I've played life and monopoly with some of my friends), but as far as I know there are no action games.

Ten pin alley from draconis however does have the players taking turns to perform the game actions, ---- which is probably the closest you will get.
You could also try competing for scores in a game that allowed entering of names on a score table, ---- such as the games from Klango.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-02-05 23:36:29

oh yeah, sorry man I forgot about the action part,
just wnated to help is all

Connor