2016-08-19 02:49:09

Hi everyone:

Has anyone used Bryan Smart's guide on adjusting audio latency in VMWare Fusion?  I tried doing it, and the VMX file returns the sound.autodetect value to "TRUE" even after I set it to "FALSE."  I used proper quotes, not the double quotes text edit likes to use.  I set the sound.virtualDev equal to "es1371" but even with both these changes the machine won't load this device.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Any help would be great.

I tried looking on the AppleVis website, but the only thing I could find was adjusting the quotes.

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2016-08-19 18:56:37

Weird. I never had that problem. What operating system are you using? I'm using xp in fusion.

2016-08-20 01:35:17

Hi Jack:

I migrated my Win7Pro64bit from my HP to my MBP.  I'm not sure what's going on.

Luke

2016-08-21 10:06:31

the solution is to tell vmware what soundcard you want to use then implament the es1371 and pcisound.playbuffer lines in the vmx.

devin

2016-08-24 00:50:26

I imported my Bootcamp partition, and applied the settings.  Though the VMX file keeps returning the "TRUE" value under autodetect, it is picking up the new sound device and I can alleviate the audio latency.  It isn't liking my migrated PC for some reason.

Luke

2016-08-24 01:40:26

Probably because the pc had audio drivers already.

2016-08-24 01:44:16

I don't see how that would have affected it.  My bootcamp partition is just as guilty of that.

In any case, the Win10 machine runs just fine.  My Win7 is actually just for music production to use the resources of my Mac, so I'll be using an audio interface anyhow.

Luke

2016-08-28 20:00:59

Hi,

Some info here. The Bryan Smart audio latency fix only seems to work on windows 7/vista and below, or so it seems.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-08-31 19:14:10

I've tried this latency fix on linux distros, and it didn't work. The best solution for me for now is using my external USB audio device directly with VMWare.