2016-08-15 11:24:34

the topic, I guess, says it all. but still... so I've been looking for audio-described moovies, especially some classics. so, how and where can I get them? also, will they be available for free?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2016-08-15 18:04:49

For DVDs and Blue Ray discs:

Accessible DVDs for Sale Media Access Group

http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/mag/dvsondvd.html

Alphabetical Listing of All USA Commercial DVDs With Audio Description
http://www.acb.org/adp/dvdsalpha.html

For MP3 files of the audio from audio described TV shows and movies: (these are all free)
jeff tdrealms com Described Movies
http://***/Described_Movies.htm

And last, my favorite is the Blind Mice Movie Vault. To access it, browse to the Blind Mice Mega Mall at
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com
Once there sign up as a member, then log in to your account. Now, near the bottom of the mall's home page will be a link to the movie vault.

Have fun!

2016-08-15 18:21:37

Hello Chandu,
There are 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.
The first one, and the one with the largest collection of audio described movies and tv shows is the blind mice mart.
or the megamall as it is  known now
One little drawback is that they use sendspace as the host for their content, so all the usual limitation of that of the sendspace free account apply while downloading.
Oh and, you also need a account with the blind mice mall to access their movie vault.
Despite, sendspace its the only resource I have come across that is quite good with keeping up with audiodescribed content that is, it updates with mew content  quite  regularly

The second is jefs audiodescribed movies page
This used to have a lot of movies just a few months ago, but no longer does, one advantage that it held over the blind mice movie vault was no sendspace account  or a account with the website was required for you to download and the speeds thus provided was far better.

The third and final source of audiodescribed content that I can think of is the blindy.tv
They have 5 seprat channels with audio described tv shows on them which can be streamed online.
Out of all of these, blind mice mall is your best bet for finding all sorts of movies/tv shows as long as you are willing to bair with the slow speeds that sendspace thrusts upon you and the other limitations, unless that is you are willing to pay for a sendspace pro account which is about $9 per month.

Hope that helps
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-08-15 21:07:06

Ray star is also hosting his own movie vault, which Jeff specifically links to, because all samobile.net links don't work. That collection is pretty large, although I'm not sure how often it's updated.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-02-22 05:05:44

hello everyone, sorry to bump this topic back up, but one question for blind mice, so I registerd 2 days ago, and I downloaded some movies. today I tryed to login but I got this: Error: This user is not active.
any idea what's wrong?, do I have to donate so my user could active everytimes?

2017-02-22 06:40:27

Hello there,

@JasonBlaze, no, but you have to keep subscribed to their news letter and things.
Fare enough I guess

To people so oriented the blind mice movie vault could also use some donation according to a announcement on their site.
IMO a few months ago they were quite good about getting audio described content as soon as it came out, so if you use the service and can donate, consider doing so.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-22 07:41:13

Hello guys, a question. Its actually interesting that I see this here, cuzz I was about to post something similar.
Way too many times I've tried to open up an account at blind mice mega mall thinggy, but the more times I fill out that form, the more frustrated I get. I've tried to enter all those fields checking that everything is correct, but I've not been successful at  signing up there. Is that service restricted to non USA residents? or what can I do about it. I've been looking for some audio described movies as well, in english, because I'm just fed up of dubbed spanish stuff

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-02-22 09:36:34

aha thanks! I am joining the the Today's Cheese Newsletter now.
sure I would donate big_smile

2017-02-23 04:42:31

from what i knpw, it is not necessary. i saw the post and tried logging in, and i managed with no problem. perhaps you have yet to activate your acount/? i don't recall if they send an email for conferming it is you.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!