2016-08-15 00:31:22

I have heard about this speaker on this main menu show and thought I would ask what people thought of it in real life per say. Also, I thought I will start this topic for those who my want to get some of their Bluetooth questions answered. So what is the best Bluetooth speaker to use on IOS and why? What are the best Bluetooth type headphone for IOS and why? These questions can be extended to android and other platforms if people wish.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-15 04:17:16

The best Bluetooth headphones, are Aftershokz Trekz Titanium. If you're looking for headphones with great sound that won't block the outside world, then they are the way to go.

2016-08-15 21:37:03

The last Bluetooth headphones I got from aftershokz was the aftershokz blues two or whatever they were call and found that they sort of broke a month or two later. Of course I couldn't get someone to help fill out the warranty until it was to late. They were asking for one or two things that was printed on the headphones them self. The price kind of hirt for that to happen if the sound was better, I may had replaced them. Anyway, I also found out from a friend that that happened to them too. I might buy some when I get my new phone.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-16 00:07:47

The new ones are made of titanium, and are no longer using that flimsy plastic from the blues.

2016-08-16 02:11:16

I don't know... Has anyone did a break test or anything on the Trekz Titanium - AfterShokz? Just wondering. US $129.95 is getting up there in price. If I pay that much, they better be good. The last time I paid that much for a pair of headphones, they sounded pretty good and still working for me. Note, I went for a wire headset a few years ago and now it is time for me to figure out how to go about replacing the ear padding or buying a new pear. The ear padding should be cheaper if I can figure out how to get it replaced. Hopefully it is nothing that requires gluing. Anyway, I am assuming that the aftershokz has no replaceable parts. Oh why does Bluetooth have to jack the price up...

DropBox Referral

2016-08-16 04:08:00

The bone-conduction and premium pitch plus technology is technology that is one-of-a-kind. That is, the technology that gives bone conduction a boost up the ladder, still allowing basey audio, as opposed to the stereotypical treble edge to bone-conduction predecessors, while still remaining completely open-ear. Combine that with Bluetooth, and you've got a high price. Keep in mind that before Bluetooth 4.0, or technically 3.0 which is hardly used, bluetooth headphones would suffer latency and sound leakage. That's not a case with Aftershokz, as well as bone-conduction transducers that do not suffer leakage. That's probably why it's expensive. It is durable. Even though the silicone is starting to peel off one of the transducers, that's probably a defect that isn't supposed to happen, especially the day right after receiving them! With that in mind, the 2 year warranty is definitely to be taken advantage of. Getting the headphones from any authorized distributor, virtually anything except Ebay, entitles you to a free, 2 year warranty activated on the AFtershokz site. A fair warning, you will be asked for the serial number of your device, which is in fine-print on the unit itself so you will need someone with working eyeballs to read it for you.

2016-08-16 09:51:18

Hi.
Well, I have used an assortment of bluetooth headsets and speakers through out the last year.
For A Headset, I still use an Xquisit LZ380, which is a quite comfortable and good sounding headset, with a music control field on the right side of the unit which is ver'y accessible.
For bluetooth speakers, I have experienced the speakers, Bose soundlink minni i and ii, some JBL things, an UE Boom and some more little ones.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-08-18 12:25:18

So how does the boze compair to other speakers? What is the most accessible speaker? What is the best sounding speaker? If price was no object, what is the best option? If price is a major limit, what is a the best option there? I am trying to get a good feel of the market for these. I am also trying to figure out if I messed up by buying the speaker that I bought this past week even though it hasn't arived yet. As for bluetooth head sets, I am still giving that some thought seeing that it will soon be time for me to go out and buy my new phone. That of course, is a month if not more away, but still...

DropBox Referral

2016-08-18 15:48:21

Hi.
One of the most accessible units on the market is the soundlink mini ii from bose, due to the fact that it has a build in speach synthesizer witch anounces the charge level of the batterie and the current status of the bluetooth connection which is a really need thing to have.
Regarding the sound, well, the above mensioned soundlink mini ii and the UE megaboom are two ver'y good speakers, I'd say that in the price range up to 200 dollars, their is no better portable speaker, but everyones tastes are different, so i would advise you to test listen to both of the speakers first before making a decision.

2016-08-18 16:02:26

I've got a Jambox Mini, which talks and announces the battery level a the touch of a button. It makes a sound when a device connects and each button feels different, so it's very easy to use.
For sound quality though, I've also got a soundblaster roar. This is an absolute beast, what it lacks in speech synthesis, it makes up for in the quality of the music. Very bassy and loud and there's even a mode that makes it even more bassy! There are also different bluetooth modes, one device, two devices or a sort of free for all that switches out when one person pauses and another plays, it switches between them.
However, pretty much all the buttons feel the same so you have to learn what stuff does what and memorize it, as a result my favourite is the Jambox purely because it's so easy to use and it has battery announcements.

2016-08-18 18:49:47 (edited by jack 2016-08-18 18:50:26)

I don't have this one, but if you are looking for top-notch quality and are willing to sacrifice the size, the Samsung ms9500 Gigga  studio is for you! It is very expensive compared to the other speakers mentioned in this thread, so if you really want it, make sure to save up for it.

2016-08-18 21:21:56

LOL. That clearly fits my price is no object list for sure jack. For $1500, it better be good. rofl. aaron, I am not as big into base as I am more into how it sounds, although, I would like to give those speakers a listen. Simba, Those clearly sound interesting from the comments you gave. Does anyone know where I can go to give all of the speakers a listen? Listening to them over my computer speakers is really no good. Over the years, I sort of got picky about how things sound, or at least sense I have learn that you get what you paid for when it comes to sound. Another thing I learn to look into is how the audio gets to the speaker in question. For example wire is better to the speaker than bluetooth, but bluetooth is more portable. Another factor I take into account is how good of audio I am sending to the speaker. There is a point where the audio is just as good over bluetooth as it is over the wire. Of course there is the question of how good my amp and dac is too. As you can see, I enjoy stuff that sounds great, then good, and then pretty good. Just wish i could pay for it all right off of the bat. LOL.

DropBox Referral

2016-08-19 00:11:03

You can listen to them at most electronic stores in your area in the Bluetooth speakers/speaker accessories section. As long as the store demo mode isn't locked, which i know it isn't on the Gigga studio, you can get it out of demo mode by pairing your phone, so you can listen to what you actually would like to hear blast through them.

2016-08-19 00:31:20

The jambox and soundblaster roar were shown to me over Teamtalk, I think they seem quite rare, I never saw them in stores over her in the UK.

2016-08-19 02:43:10

All good recommendations, except that I would argue with the Bose speakers. Bose products I find, as an audiofile, are often more expensive than what you get... but I'm also not one to care about purely accessibility. Sound is what matters imo. It also depends on what size you want. The Sony srs-x7, though the buttons are all touch sensative similar to the playstation consoles, they aren't had to find, and controls are easily oerated... and you get just as good sound as the bose line of speakers while paying less. But that's just my opinion... bose is a big name brand especially for portable audio, but there are better options for cheaper prices. Bose is decent though with some things, if you have the money to pay for them. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-08-19 05:53:49

Hi all,

Well, let's go over all the Bluetooth gear I've accumulated over the years. I've got a set of the original Aftershokz which I don't really use anymore. I thought they were kind of cool, but the audio quality combined with the audio leakage turns me off the brand. I don't know if the price was justified and won't buy another pair from this company unless I have a very good reason. I have the Logitech H800 which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I lost the little USB dongle and the microphone is broken. Still, it's not a bad little headset with both Bluetooth and Logitech's proprietary wireless protocol. I've got the Easy ACC Olive speaker which cost me $20. In my opinion, this is the best speaker I've purchased. For that extremely low price I get a decent sounding speaker with Bluetooth, aux input for a patch cord, an FM radio, and a micro SD slot. I think it only plays MP3 files though. You cannot navigate within files, only from file to file. It also supports USB flash drives with MP3 files on them. While i'm not an audio freak, I think the sound it produces is good enough for my needs. Next, I have the Amazon Echo. I like that Alexa tells you that it is connected to the device and actually reads the device name. Finally, I have the Blue Tiger SoundTrax headset from www.atguys.com which works extremely well. The headset supports Bluetooth, aux input for wired devices, and a Micro SD reader.

I've got two Bluetooth transmitters that plug into any headphone jack. These are useful for my Stream and any other devices that don't natively support Bluetooth. The first is the Miccus Minijack TX4 which is a transmitter that can stream to two receivers simultaneously. I haven't been able to get the duel streaming to work with the Echo and any other of my devices. I'm not sure if it's something that's incompatible with the Echo. Fortunately, it does seem to work with everything else I have. The second device I have is the Avantek BRZ-8 which is a transmitter/receiver combo. If set to transmitter mode, it transmits anything connected through the patch cord to a Bluetooth device. When set to receiver mode, it receives Bluetooth signals from any transmitter like a phone or computer and sends the audio to the device connected to the 3.5 mil jack. For example, I paired the TX4 to the Avantek which was connected to a pair of desktop computer speakers that are not natively Bluetooth. This means I can use my Stream with a great pair of speakers that would otherwise require me to be stationary due to the cable on the speakers. The only downside to these devices is that they have lights that indicate what's going on. Since I am completely blind, I have had to learn to count and wait a specific number of seconds when working with them. However, they are awesome when they work. I especially love ow I can use both of them at once. As you might imagine, these have infinite possibilities. My dad has a tape car adapter that sends audio from a 3.5 mil jack to the car stereo system through the tape deck. If I wanted to, I could connect the Avantek to the tape adapter and broadcast Bluetooth signals from a phone or the TX4 to the car stereo wirelessly.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-08-19 13:41:24

I wish the amazon echo is available in the uk.

2016-08-19 13:53:23

Hi.
Yeah, it's a shame that amazon doesnt seem to care about the other regions than the united states, I'd love to have that thing over here.

2016-08-19 16:21:28

Chriss, those original Aftershokz, from what I've heard, used a flimsy plastic, and the newest ones, Trekz, not only have better quality overall, but they're titanium instead of plastic, so that allows flexibility without breaking. And if you are for multiroom audio, Chromecast Audio is your best friend. Priced at $35 probably a fraction of the price of Sonos multiroom systems, this technically only lets you use analog speakers, but with a bluetooth transmitter you can change that. They aren't actually multiroom systems, but if you get 2 chromecasts, and connect speakers to them, you can, through the chromecast app, stream them both at once, so you can technically get two chromecasts in different rooms going at once.

2016-08-21 02:36:49

multiroom audio is something I got to try at some time in my life. I do find it hard to believe that that something that works over wireless and that uses ones and zeros to get the audio to each speaker works all that well. Wish I could see that in action myself. Anyway, the Polaris V8 speaker that I order came in yesterday. It sound ok for the money I paid for it. The FM tuner reminds me of something along the lines of a cheap FM receiver when it comes to range, but I haven’t played with it enough to be sure. Yes, It gets local stations, but there is no presets of any kind. I haven’t played anything off of a micro SD card yet, but from what I have read, that is like using a very basic MP3 player as in all you got is prev play/pause and next for getting through your music. It does have a line in that I haven’t tested yet. I haven’t tested it as a USB speaker yet. On the other hand, it does, to some degree, let your music be heard. In short, it works best as a Bluetooth speaker.

DropBox Referral

2016-08-21 08:24:23

I'm interested in Chromecast. If I can't use my preferred media player and/or software on my computer, I will not use it. From what i've heard, you have to use specific apps on smart phones or tablets to stream audio to the little dongle. I've also thought about Sonos, but that seems to be as locked down as Chromecast. I like Bluetooth and my little 3.5 mil transmitters because it allows me to play virtually anything from any device to any other device. The only reason I'd consider Chromecast or Sonos would be for the increased range over wi-fi. However, the fact that I can't play from any source is a deal breaker for me as I want to play from sources like my Victor Stream or VLC media player on my computer.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-08-21 15:15:07

There actually is a chrome plugin for vlc, and that can be used to broadcast vlc on the chromecast.

2016-08-27 15:25:21

exelent topic! i love battery life in all my goodies, so for me, that is the most important feature. if any one can tell me wich headset that they know of has the longest battery life they found, i'd appreciate it, so far in my travels. the samsung level on pro. has over 20 hours of battery life. the creative soundblaster tactic 3d rage wireless has 17. and the bluetooth speaker that has close between 14 and 19 hours for me, is the Anker A7908. sure its a mono speaker, but battery life rocks!
if any one knows of a better battery life device, please let me know.
i am interested in both bluetooth headset and speaker, i use headset for over 10 hours a day in the business i am, so it has to have a very very long battery life.
so far the samsung level on pro. is very cumfy, and ticks those boxes, but again, i am always on the look out for a better bluetooth headset.
the other thing i wish to ask is, wich headset that uses
bluetooth would be recommended,  for iphones? i ask this for, there's always seems to be a lag, between the iphone and headsets, is this normal. when using bluetooth headsets?

There's a place for me in this universe.

2016-08-29 20:10:26

Hi,
The trekz titaniums are amazing, I'm just going to second that.
I've been using mine very happily ever since they were released.
Thanks,

Daniel

2016-08-30 02:11:31

20 hours sounds a bit long for a head set. Interesting. Those trekz, is on my possible think about list, but they will have to wait until I finally get around to buying my new phone. The price is high enough that I will have to have a pretty good reason in my mind to buy trekz. Of course, that is not a major major major down but…

DropBox Referral